Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wednesday News Summaries & Commentaries by Aggiedad77 - 4/8/2015

Wednesday News Summaries & Commentaries by Aggiedad77 - 4/8/2015

aggiedad77 @ KTFA » April 8th, 2015, 11:03 am 

Wednesday News Summaries and Commentaries

Many things in the news today, enjoy all there is to share, and know we are on the right track.....the BEST is yet to come!!

General Integrity: the property registered in the name of Al-Maliki's staff

Sneaky sneaky on Maliki's part.....many properties, palatial mansion types of properties have ended up in the names of staff members....the types of staff members who would never earn enough money in their lifetime to own such property are now being shown as owners of record.....the well is beginning to smell really fishy....corruption is a dirty word today in Iraq and so many are going to go down....and the ones who fall the hardest are those who stood at the top.
Salahuddin Council urges the government launched the salaries of state employees

The governing officials of the Salahuddin province are calling for Baghdad to turn loose of March salaries for their employees, asking to please not hold up on that process any longer....freedom from DAASH is a great thing...but it does not put food on the table....please send salaries as quickly as you can.

Kirkuk, Baghdad demanding dues regardless of petro dollars amounting trillion dinars

Kirkuk is telling Baghdad we do not suffer from a deficit but a lack of funds....the funds that are called petrodollars have not been forthcoming to them for 2013 and 2014....to the tune of one trillion dinars....yet at the same time we are able to open our seventh health center within the province at a cost of one billion 400 million dinars.....we've managed to stay afloat during these hard times imposed by the former government.....now why can't you catch us up on what is owed to us.

Video: What's behind the money laundering operations in Iraq

At least one member of the Finance Committee continues to work hard to point fingers in all other directions that speak to alleged money laundering activities associated with former currency auctions in Iraq.....even says the reason for such "large scale" smuggling operations is due to lack of banking laws......

My question to to this individual....where do those laws originate from....your glorified committee....so what have you been doing in your time as a Parliament member....besides standing in front of reporters crowing and pointing fingers....why haven't you been getting these laws that are needed on the books.....why put your effort into hamstringing the CBI with your Article 50.....talk....talk....talk is nothing.....where is the action....

Why haven't you involved the Integrity Commission if this alleged money laundering is as rampant as you want to make it out to be....why is it only you that makes this noise over and over again.....I am beginning to think that you are shepherd that cried wolf....no one is listening....just my opinion.

Securities: We can not insert foreign companies in the market

The head of the Iraqi Securities Commission says they cannot accept foreign companies into their exchange at this time....however the number of foreign traders has been on the rise.....foreign companies are not able to show the transparency that is expected of Iraqi companies, nor can they so easily show the sources of their funds it seems.....on the other hand foreign traders have risen some 18%, accounting for more than one billion dinars in trading, a definite boost for the market.

Vice-Abadi: Iraq is not going through a crisis, but economic unwell and Setjaozha

One deputy PM for Iraq is saying that Iraq is not encountering an economic crisis at this time but instead is walking through an economic "malaise" that will be over soon....pointing to the rich resources that Iraq is known to have....pointing to the work the government is undertaking to overcome the situation.

Abadi: Joint Committee between Baghdad and Erbil will meet later this month

PM Abadi's dance card is starting to really fill up for April....we know he is going to Washington next week....that he will likely be in attendance at this joint committee meeting later in the month....he is meeting with the Kuwaiti's......the news today will show he is on his way to Anbar to kick off a new front in the fight against terrorism...meanwhile this joint committee is truly working as one towards the common denominator.....DAASH elimination.....if I didn't know better I would say that Iraq appears poised to opening TWO fronts.....one in Anbar in the coming hours/days....and one against DAASH in Mosul very shortly.....can they do such a thing.....and be effective.

Proceed to issue the smart card to secure the rights of displaced people from the provinces hot

The Ministry of Displacement and Migration is working with the Rasheed and Rafidain Banks to get smart cards issued to displaced citizens and families in provinces that have recently been liberated from DAASH control.....I'm thinking these include Saluhuddin most recently and may include Nineveh very soon as well.

Abadi up to Anbar to lead military operations

I told you this was coming.....PM Abadi arrives in the Anbar province to kick off new operations that are aimed at kicking DAASH butt and removing them from Anbar once and for all.....zero hour is quickly approaching....watch for it.

Dialogue between the private sector representatives and economists with representatives of the government and the House of Representatives on economic reform and development of the private sector

A "who's who" kind of economic summit meeting was held in Iraq where dialogue was established between the private sector and economists with the government and Parliament and they broke bread and talked about economic reforms and further development of the private sector......both very necessary steps for Iraq to break through the crisis they face today.....many thoughts and ideas were laid upon the table....but all of this must culminate in much more than just talk....there has to be action taken to ensure success....action that starts now and carries forward to bring about change that will put Iraq on the world map in a big fashion....let that change begin now.

Parliamentary Foreign Affairs: 3 files to be discussed in Abadi America

Three agenda items for PM Abadi to take to America....first arming of Iraqi Security Forces....second obligations of the US under the Strategic Framework Agreement that has been previously signed....and third development of bilateral relationships between the two countries....with overall focus on what can the Iraqis expect from the US in the way of support in pushing DAASH out of Mosul.

Alusi: lack of provincial funds disbursement will enter Iraq in danger

Iraq has shown only 30% of the budget thus far claiming a lack of cash as the issue...but is saying the remaining 70% of the budget will surface in the coming days...some claim that any further delay will create more serious problems for Iraq....there are claims that Iraq cannot sustain their fight against terrorism alone...they do not have the funds to do so and must call upon outside sources to help in this regard....they may face financial ruin if that help is not forthcoming soon.

Iraqi PM Haider al-Abadi to Visit US Next Week

PM Abadi to Washington next week.....not this week....unless something has grossly changed.....I'm thinking he is due in Washington around the 14th.....whenever he shows up I hope he brings his A-Team and his best game to present before whoever he meets with here in the US...and I hope they listen well.

Submit Parliamentary Finance discussed with the central bank governor and his senior staff precautions net domestic credit in the state budget

Big meeting between the Finance Committee and the CBI governor and his staff, talking about money laundering, money transfer companies, plans of the CBI, banking laws, money that has disappeared from various sources, depositor insurance, deletion of 000's, and integration of the private sector banks....a plethora of topics that I am sure took up the better part of the day....where do they go from here.....perhaps a "green light" is indicated.

Parliamentary Finance: rising dollar and falling depends on oil sales and will take swift action for the return of stability

This particular Finance Committee member has now used just about every excuse in his bag as to why the IQD continues to fluctuate against the USD....now claiming it has to do with oil prices falling from $100 to where it stands today at or near $50....again....who is listening to this person...ho-hum.

Zebari said in Kuwait to discuss and activate the economic and trade relations

Iraq's Finance Minister while in Kuwait spoke to counterparts about reactivating economic and trade relations between the two countries....strengthening ties between the two.

Secretary General of the Council of Ministers receives Bank City Bank Director

The COM Secretary General met with the director of Citi Bank in Iraq to discuss deficit issues for Iraq....making note of the financial drain the fight against terrorism is having on Iraq's coffers.
Conscious / Zobaie demanding the Central Bank and Ministry of Finance to reduce the interest rate on loans

The chairman of the Integrity Committee is asking the CBI and Minister of Finance to consider reducing the interest rates on loans to citizens, companies, and institutions.....claiming that such action will help in revitalizing the private sector of Iraq....this in turn will aid the economy by creating more jobs, putting people back to work....the domino theory working in a positive fashion.

The appearance of Mohammed Saleh: central bank intervention in the market cause a decrease rate of the dinar

Dr. Saleh spoke today on stabilizing that IQD against the USD.....stating that bringing the IQD back to its former level (NOTE: I think Saleh was referring to the former level of the IQD against the USD here...what it was before the cap was invoked by the budget....not the former level of the IQD at the $3.22 rate) may not happen in light of the action taken by the Finance Committee in the budget by capping auction sales at $75 million per day...but he says that stabilization can happen....he states the obvious....that with the cap the rise of the USD was a foregone conclusion....stupid move on the part of the Finance Committee in other words.

Iraqi Government Announces Start of Anbar Operation

Listen up DAASH....we are coming to get you....no we are not stupid to announce the day....but rest assured your days are numbered in the Anbar province.....we will ferret you out of every hole you occupy today....it only took us a month to reclaim the Salahuddin province.....sure Anbar is bigger, but we are seasoned now.....and your days dwindle.....mark our words.

Basra Council confirms the imminent arrival of a new meal of names covered by article "140"

Basra.....new meal....Article 140....what an interesting collection of words.....also make note of....."next few days"...."arrival".....what would push such activity.....perhaps a new order within Iraq....a new order based upon a new rate....a reason for suddenly give attention to Article 140....because it has sat upon the back burner now for a while just simmering....but it could be time to turn up the heat....according to the Basra Council.

Taking a break here Family.....please note that on Dr. Saleh's article and interview I do not believe he is referring to the "old IQD" rate of years ago ($3.22)...but instead he was referencing the relationship between the IQD and the USD prior to the cap of $75 million that the Finance Committee threw in the budget in article 50.....I hope I've made that distinction clear.....I know some of you are looking at it differently....I'm just calling it as I interpret it.....I am of the camp that we will see the amount mentioned eventually as part of the RI/RV process....but do not believe this is what Saleh is referencing here.

Aloha Randy

• Upvote 3