Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Symposium for deletion of zeros

jupitergirl

2011-12-25 14:33:45

Diwaniyah (Iba) .. Organized by the Faculty of Management and Economics at the University of Qadisiyah, specialized scientific symposium for the deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency and its implications in the Iraqi economy.

A source at the university, said the seminar included a lecture entitled to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency and raised on the Iraqi economy delivered by the Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Iraq, Dr. the appearance of favor in which he discussed the importance of money and the impact of conditions in Iraq on the economy, noting that the Iraqi economy was Mekpottafa under the previous regime because Aharopoanhiar the infrastructure.

The source added that the deputy central bank governor said steps include replacement Declaration of the state budget and write all the accounting records and bank currency Aljdidhmodha that the process of replacing the currency will be extended to two years as well as the process of destruction of the old currency will be held at the Central Bank of Iraq. (End)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnahrain%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dbh9%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1

sym·po·si·um (sm-pz-m)

n. pl. sym·po·si·ums or sym·po·si·a (-z-)

1. A meeting or conference for discussion of a topic, especially one in which the participants form an audience and make presentations.

2. A collection of writings on a particular topic, as in a magazine.

3. A convivial meeting for drinking, music, and intellectual discussion among the ancient Greeks.

[Latin, drinking party, from Greek sumposion : sun-, syn- + posis, drinking; see p(i)- in Indo-European roots.]

symposium [sɪmˈpəʊzɪəm]

n pl -siums, -sia [-zɪə]

1. (Social Science / Education) a conference or meeting for the discussion of some subject, esp an academic topic or social problem

2. (Social Science / Education) a collection of scholarly contributions, usually published together, on a given subject

3. (Historical Terms) (in classical Greece) a drinking party with intellectual conversation, music, etc.

[via Latin from Greek sumposion, from sumpinein to drink together, from sum- syn- + pinein to drink]

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

• Upvote 1

I have been suspicious the budget we have seen is going to drastically change and that is why there has been no vote. Because imo they were not trying to pass it yet. I believe the IMF had sent out a group in November to help them with their budget. I don't know if this is true for sure but after this article I kind of feel I may be on the right track.

• Upvote 2

Did I understand it to say they needed to replace the budget they have already written?

Zig, I read it as the budget's procedures were were being amended, to include the period of two years to implement, pull old notes in, and finalize, and that the destruction of the old notes would be done at CBI. That in and of itself, answers a question that has been out in the ethers. To me, this says finalization of procedures to open ended questions.

"Declaration of the state budget and write all the accounting records and bank currency Aljdidhmodha that the process of replacing the currency will be extended to two years as well as the process of destruction of the old currency will be held at the Central Bank of Iraq. (End)"

Merry Christmas! B)

• Upvote 2

Zig, I read it as the budget's procedures were were being amended, to include the period of two years to implement, pull old notes in, and finalize, and that the destruction of the old notes would be done at CBI. That in and of itself, answers a question that has been out in the ethers. To me, this says finalization of procedures to open ended questions.

"Declaration of the state budget and write all the accounting records and bank currency Aljdidhmodha that the process of replacing the currency will be extended to two years as well as the process of destruction of the old currency will be held at the Central Bank of Iraq. (End)"

Merry Christmas! B)

Thanks Carrello, lets hope there is an RV in the budget. Merry Chrismas to you. :)

• Upvote 1

sym·po·si·um (sm-pz-m)

n. pl. sym·po·si·ums or sym·po·si·a (-z-)

1. A meeting or conference for discussion of a topic, especially one in which the participants form an audience and make presentations.

2. A collection of writings on a particular topic, as in a magazine.

3. A convivial meeting for drinking, music, and intellectual discussion among the ancient Greeks.

[Latin, drinking party, from Greek sumposion : sun-, syn- + posis, drinking; see p(i)- in Indo-European roots.]

symposium [sɪmˈpəʊzɪəm]

n pl -siums, -sia [-zɪə]

1. (Social Science / Education) a conference or meeting for the discussion of some subject, esp an academic topic or social problem

2. (Social Science / Education) a collection of scholarly contributions, usually published together, on a given subject

3. (Historical Terms) (in classical Greece) a drinking party with intellectual conversation, music, etc.

[via Latin from Greek sumposion, from sumpinein to drink together, from sum- syn- + pinein to drink]

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Thanks for the definition of the word. I am quite familiar as to the nature of a symposium. What I am looking for is a transcript of the discussion. It would be good to read what they said both pro and con, but they may not have one in English. Summations from a news article does not give you as clear a picture as a full text transcription.

• Upvote 1

I have been suspicious the budget we have seen is going to drastically change and that is why there has been no vote. Because imo they were not trying to pass it yet. I believe the IMF had sent out a group in November to help them with their budget. I don't know if this is true for sure but after this article I kind of feel I may be on the right track.

Merry Christmas! I snuck in for a "minute" but I could not resist commenting on this article... tongue.gif

Yup Ziggie smile.gif I remember just the other day reading the article about IMF coming to Iraq in November and "helping" with the 2012 budget, we thought maybe it was old news because we thought it was done already, but we were scratching our heads wondering what the significance could be...

I thought IMF might be helping them reconcile the current budget figures to where they should be with a pending RV and a new rate. rolleyes.gif

And for Chistmas we get this lovely gift...

"The source added that the deputy central bank governor said steps include replacement Declaration of the state budget and write all the accounting records and bank currency Aljdidhmodha that the process of replacing the currency will be extended to two years as well as the process of destruction of the old currency will be held at the Central Bank of Iraq. (End)"

Now with that line of thinking and this article, I read it as...

They will make a "declaration" replacing the current budget rate to a new budget rate... at the same time they will Change ("write") all the accounting records and the bank currency to reflect the new rate. The process of replacing the old currency with the new currency will be "extended" to two years while they destroy the old currency coming in to the CBI.

As for timing one would think they would do this at the beginning of a Fiscal Year! Thank You Easy for clearing that up... January 1st!

That is What Santa Told Me and I Believe Him! wink.gif

• Upvote 3

They have probably already revised the budget. Good post Maggie have a Merry Christmas. wink.gif

smile.gif Thank You Ziggie, that is what I meant to say, I just didn't want to sound too gruruish...

I think they have already made all the plans with the revisions and will "Declare" the new budget rate on or just before January 1st...

You have a Merry Christmas Too Zigmeister cool.gif

• Upvote 1

smile.gif Thank You Ziggie, that is what I meant to say, I just didn't want to sound too gruruish...

I think they have already made all the plans with the revisions and will "Declare" the new budget rate on or just before January 1st...

You have a Merry Christmas Too Zigmeister cool.gif

Adam mentioned there may be two budgets. I am not quoting but he did say it is a possibility. In essence it is why I think it possible.

• Upvote 1

Here's a link to the university's website, but I couldn't find a reference to the symposium

http://www.qadissuni...etails.php?ID=2

Try this

http://translate.goo...spx%3FID%3D1284

Check Parliament's website for the Jan 3rd work session. The agenda mentions the same "Higher Education and Scientific Research" as the article. May or may not be related to each other.