Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Million dollar pileup...

RodandStaff

What a waste. What really amazed me though is how well they held up to some pretty wicked impacts, pretty much all cockpit areas looked fine. I was looking at a Boxster one time and I can't remember the steel used, Boron maybe? but the windshield struts, rollbars behind the seats, and doors were reinforced with it, for the most part its unbendable in case of a rollover or side impact, front and rears are reinforced as well for impacts. But hey what do you expect for a few hundred G's :P This is probably the only thing that would keep me from owning a vette, impact equals toast. Had a good friend who was killed in his and it wasn't even much of a hit, but the car was in splinters everywhere. Seen a couple smoked ones while I was on the fire/rescue squad too, same results. Not that they are a bad car, just not a safe car, but hey they say a mini van with a 30mph impact with a solid object ranges anywhere from death at worst to broken legs at best so which one is more fun to drive? :D

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

What a waste. What really amazed me though is how well they held up to some pretty wicked impacts, pretty much all cockpit areas looked fine. I was looking at a Boxster one time and I can't remember the steel used, Boron maybe? but the windshield struts, rollbars behind the seats, and doors were reinforced with it, for the most part its unbendable in case of a rollover or side impact, front and rears are reinforced as well for impacts. But hey what do you expect for a few hundred G's :P This is probably the only thing that would keep me from owning a vette, impact equals toast. Had a good friend who was killed in his and it wasn't even much of a hit, but the car was in splinters everywhere. Seen a couple smoked ones while I was on the fire/rescue squad too, same results. Not that they are a bad car, just not a safe car, but hey they say a mini van with a 30mph impact with a solid object ranges anywhere from death at worst to broken legs at best so which one is more fun to drive? :D

I guess it boils down to this... "if money were no object, what car would you drive for safety"? Style is nice, but dead is dead, and there are other options out there. I have heard that Mercedes has some of the best safety features out there.... this coming from someone also doing vehicle rescue. I personally wanna put my 22 yr. old daughter in a tank if the DOT will let me! wink.gif

Divedeep... what part of Minnisoootttaa is "tropical"? laugh.gif (I waz born dar dontcha know wink.gif ) and my memory is real fuzzy about any part of the Frozen Tundra being tropical!

Edited by RodandStaff

I guess it boils down to this... "if money were no object, what car would you drive for safety"? Style is nice, but dead is dead, and there are other options out there. I have heard that Mercedes has some of the best safety features out there.... this coming from someone also doing vehicle rescue. I personally wanna put my 22 yr. old daughter in a tank if the DOT will let me! wink.gif

Divedeep... what part of Minnisoootttaa is "tropical"? laugh.gif (I waz born dar dontcha know wink.gif ) and my memory is real fuzzy about any part of the Frozen Tundra being tropical!

LOL a tank would be good, unfortunately my 17 yr old would find a way to break something on it :P My folks winter down in Tucson and always have to call me and let me know what the temp. is on the golf course, when they know it's well below zero back up here, I always tell them ahh don't worry its a dry cold up here in balmy, tropical MN B) Mercedes does make very nice cars, Cadillacs are also very impressive with some of their new ideas, my personal fave is still the Ferrari F430 Spyder, I don't know how safe it's supposed to be, but it I know it would be fun to find out! :lol:

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 2