Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Executive Order 13033

I seem to be at a loss, as I have reread the Exectuive Order 13033, signed by George Bush. It states the only purpose for the order was to protect petrolium, petrolium clean up, and human resources. Additionally, it was created to protect the DFI (Development Fund of Iraq) from all individual and other laws suits against the DFI. It states no where the legal ownership to purchase and own Iraq currency. This was to prptect individuals and companies from clean up law suites.

Read Below: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=61398#axzz1alUFE3aQ

Executive Order 13033

Sec. 2. (a) As of the effective date of this order, Executive Order 12722 of August 2, 1990, Executive Order 12724 of August 9, 1990, and Executive Order 13290 of March 20, 2003, shall not apply to the property and interests in property described in section 1 of this order.

(B)

Nothing in this order is intended to affect the continued effectiveness of any rules, regulations, orders, licenses or other forms of administrative action issued, taken, or continued in effect heretofore or hereafter under Executive Orders 12722, 12724, or 13290, or under the authority of IEEPA or the UNPA, except as hereafter terminated, modified, or suspended by the issuing Federal agency and except as provided in section 2(a) of this order. Sec. 3. For the purposes of this order:

(a)

The term "person" means an individual or entity;

(B)

The term "entity" means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization;

©

The term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States;

(d)

The term "Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products" means any petroleum, petroleum products, or natural gas originating in Iraq, including any Iraqi-origin oil inventories, wherever located; and

(e)

The term "Development Fund for Iraq" means the fund established on or about May 22, 2003, on the books of the Central Bank of Iraq, by the Administrator of the Coalition Provisional Authority responsible for the temporary governance of Iraq and all accounts held for the fund or for the Central Bank of Iraq in the name of the fund.

Read more at the American Presidency Project: George W. Bush: Executive Order 13303 - Protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Property in Which Iraq Has an Interest http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=61398#ixzz1alVNLbva

SO IS THE EO 13033 BOGUS TO THE DINAR..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You are right. There was another order that made it legal to hold IQD. I do not have the number at the tip of my memory, but there is an order.

I am sure that someone will post the authorizing order soon. It's out there.

It is 13303 that even Tampadinar claims to be te one that allows us to own dinar, that however appears to be untrue

How so?

Read the order, the dinar is not mentioned like some have claimed. Dinar Buddy provided a link in the original post. I see nothing about dinar or Americans being allowed to invest in Iraq, I must be missing something. However if you Google coalition provisional order 39, that is the one that allows for foreign investment. Would provide a link but am on phone and at work, no time sorry.

Read the order, the dinar is not mentioned like some have claimed. Dinar Buddy provided a link in the original post. I see nothing about dinar or Americans being allowed to invest in Iraq, I must be missing something. However if you Google coalition provisional order 39, that is the one that allows for foreign investment. Would provide a link but am on phone and at work, no time sorry.

Reckon CPO 39 don't mention Dinar either, are yall sure thats were it is

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulations/20031220_CPAORD_39_Foreign_Investment_.pdf

3) “Foreign investment” means investment by a foreign investor in any kind of asset in

Iraq, including tangible and intangible property, and related property rights, shares

and other forms of participation in a business entity, and intellectual property rights

and technical expertise, except as limited by Section 8 of this Order

Edited by DinarRedneck
  • Upvote 1

Reckon CPO 39 don't mention Dinar either, are yall sure thats were it is

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulations/20031220_CPAORD_39_Foreign_Investment_.pdf

The emoticons are not put in by me they show up in copy and paste on this site for whatever reason!

Actually it is, Section 7 of CPO 39:

Section 7

Implementing Foreign Investment

1) A foreign investor may implement foreign investment using, among other things,

freely convertible currencies or Iraqi legal tender, in the following forms:

a) establishing a wholly foreign-owned business entity in Iraq, including as a

subsidiary of a foreign investor;

B) establishing a business entity jointly with an Iraqi investor;

c) establishing a branch office, as set forth in Section 5 herein; and

d) directly acquiring an investment.

2) A foreign investor shall be authorized to:

a) possess, use, and dispose of its investments;

B) manage or participate in managing a business entity;

c) transfer its rights and obligations to other persons in accordance with the law;

d) transfer abroad without delay all funds associated with its foreign investment,

including:

i) shares or profits and dividends;

ii) proceeds from the sale or other disposition of its foreign investment or a

portion thereof;

iii) interest, royalty payments, management fees, other fees and payments made

under a contract; and

iv) other transfers approved by the Ministry of Trade;

e) exercise any other authority conferred upon it by law.

3) The Finance Minister and the Minister of Planning may jointly issue regulations to

assist in the implementation of this Order.

Here is an excerpt of E.O. 13303 with a real link:

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that

the threat of attachment or other judicial process against the Development

Fund for Iraq, Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products, and interests therein,

and proceeds, obligations, or any financial instruments of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to the sale or marketing thereof, and interests

therein, obstructs the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and

maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development

of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq. This situation

constitutes an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security

and foreign policy of the United States and I hereby declare a national

emergency to deal with that threat.

I hereby order:

Section 1. Unless licensed or otherwise authorized pursuant to this order,

any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other

judicial process is prohibited, and shall be deemed null and void, with

respect to the following:

(a) the Development Fund for Iraq, and

(B) all Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products, and interests therein,

and proceeds, obligations, or any financial instruments of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to the sale or marketing thereof, and interests

therein, in which any foreign country or a national thereof has any interest,

that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States,

or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United

States persons.

Sec. 2. (a) As of the effective date of this order, Executive Order 12722

of August 2, 1990, Executive Order 12724 of August 9, 1990, and Executive

Order 13290 of March 20, 2003, shall not apply to the property and interests

in property described in section 1 of this order.

(B) Nothing in this order is intended to affect the continued effectiveness

of any rules, regulations, orders, licenses or other forms of administrative

action issued, taken, or continued in effect heretofore or hereafter under

Executive Orders 12722, 12724, or 13290, or under the authority of IEEPA

or the UNPA, except as hereafter terminated, modified, or suspended by

the issuing Federal agency and except as provided in section 2(a) of this

order.

Sec. 3. For the purposes of this order:

(a) The term ‘‘person’’ means an individual or entity;

(B) The term ‘‘entity’’ means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture,

corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization;

© The term ‘‘United States person’’ means any United States citizen,

permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United

VerDate Jan<31>2003 18:58 May 27, 2003 Jkt 200001 PO 00000 Frm 00003 Fmt 4705 Sfmt 4790 E:\FR\FM\28MYE0.SGM 28MYE031932 Federal Register / Vol. 68, No. 102 / Wednesday, May 28, 2003 / Presidential Documents

States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign

branches), or any person in the United States;

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2003/pdf/03-13412.pdf

Folks E.O. 13303 does not specifically say currency it talks about property (i.e. Currency), DFI, CBI, and petroleum items CPO 39 speaks about tangible items which is hard currency and whole section on currency.

Stop falling over yourselves reading to understand and reading the whole document rather than up to a certain point.

• Upvote 2