Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Texas Wildfires

David68

Hello all, especially those in Texas. Please let me pass my condolences to all those effected by the wildfires and especially to those people who have lost loved ones and friends. May God bless you all.

Thank you David, it is getting very bad here in Texas appreciate the good words

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a tough summer for us here in Texas. We have fires all around us but at least the wind has died down some this morning. Hopefully our firefighters can get these fires contained today. My heart goes out to all who have lost their homes and loved ones. I've read where over 1000 homes have been burned and a number of people have died. Tragic

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your compassionate thoughts concerning those of us who reside in Texas. Our state is indeed suffering from a climate event of unsurpassed proportion - referencing drought conditions. This past weekend brought together winds from the north and winds from TS Lee to create a fiery landscape. As the fires continue, brave first responders tirelessly move forward. Folks await news of their homes and lives as they were pre Labor Day, stunned by the ferocity of nature.

Hot miserable summer, full with drought, and humidity. Smoke is in the air. Looks likes home in LA. (smog) The winds were crazy, doing like the Santa Ana's do for the fires. Geez, You have this in CA not Texas. The winds brought relief from the heat. Winter may come in with a bang just as summer did. The first ice we have the trees will be crackin an fallin. Many trees have either died or gone dormant in Aug. Too early. It's a serious drought. At least we don't have to worry about mud slides, they're no mountains. I guess we will have sink holes and new ponds. (not cement ponds)

What many folks didn't know about a serious drought. It can take a toll on your house foundation if you don't keep the ground moist around the house.

All the kindness and prayers are much appreciated.

Edited by uncirculd

We live in Texas also. It is so sad to see our neighboring towns burning to nothing. I am praying for all those affected by this summer's weather. The drought has our entire yard looking & feeling literally like a barn floor!! I can not remember a summer that was so miserable! I love summer but did not enjoy this one AT ALL!! God bless you all!! XOXO