Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's Saddam-era deputy PM asks for speedy hanging

k98nights

Iraq's Saddam-era deputy PM asks for speedy hanging

Tariq Aziz

© AFP/ DSK

14:14 18/08/2011

165891859.jpg

Iraq's former deputy premier and foreign minister, Tariq Aziz, who was sentenced to death last October, has called on the country's incumbent Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to speed up his execution because of his deteriorating health, Iraqi media said.

The 74-year-old Aziz, a Christian and former right-hand man of executed dictator Saddam Hussein, was sentenced to death by hanging for persecution of Iraqi religious parties. He suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, prostate problems and ulcers.

"His condition is very poor and he asked me to convey a message to Mr. Maliki, calling on him to execute him as soon as possible," Aziz' lawyer Badie Aref said, adding that his client "is suffering."

Many Western politicians and the Vatican have urged Baghdad to show clemency to Aziz. Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has already said he will never sign the execution order.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20110818/165891527.html?

A speedy hanging...is there any other kind?????

..........The only way that "hanging" would not be speedy is if they used bungee cords, lol !

he's going to die anyway (we all are) so why not let him suffer a little....

.........You like to see folks suffer ? I don't care what crime a person commits, they should not be made to suffer....I mean, we euthanize our beloved pets but many of the aged suffer horribly awaiting death. I've been a Registered Nurse all my adult life. If you'd walked in my moccasins, I believe you'd retract that statement...........

Edited by TennesseeCherokee
  • Upvote 1

A speedy hanging...is there any other kind?????

Actually yes there is.

The placement of the noose is very important.

If the hangman does it correctly/humainly, the neck will break and death would be instant.

If incorrect, then death is slow by choking.