Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Transporting Dinar from one country to another

crackerman58

Could use a little help here, I have a Dinar question I researched but could not find.

I bought several million dinar for my sister, she lives in England. Can she take it home with her when she visits or would it become a problem at customs.

Is there anywhere I can find this information?

Thanks in advance!

If Ali can ship here FROM England, then she should be able to take some back. I have bought some small denoms on ebay from a business in the country of Jordan. I may be wrong but I am not aware of any law prohibiting her taking some home. The only issue is whether or not she needs to claim them. US law says that anything over $10,000 in value must be declared. Unless she is taking back a whole lot she won't even have to declare them unless the rv occurs before she goes back!!

Hope that helps. But someone may be more authoritative than me on this.

• Upvote 1

from what i understand ..not only the computer strip can be detected .. the new watermarks and other security features especially the kind that show up under flourecent lighting show up with xray technology ... you should call the airport anonymosly and ask .. also call the state dept and ask them .. you dont seem to be doing anything wrong .. or attempting to .. but who am i to judge a screen name .. you could be anyone .. so .. there are places you could ask this question and their numbers can be found online

just google this >>>>>>>> carrying currency through airports

Edited by ashtray
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

from what i understand ..not only the computer strip can be detected .. the new watermarks and other security features especially the kind that show up under flourecent lighting show up with xray technology ... you should call the airport anonymosly and ask .. also call the state dept and ask them .. you dont seem to be doing anything wrong .. or attempting to .. but who am i to judge a screen name .. you could be anyone .. so .. there are places you could ask this question and their numbers can be found online

just google this >>>>>>>> carrying currency through airports

None of the security features are visible in an xray machine. I know this first hand.

The State Department will have no answer for any IQD inquiry either.

I mention these things because the less informed on this forum will go into a mini panic if they do not get the truth.

As far traveling out of the country with the IQD that will be dependent on the final destinations laws on bringing currency into that country,

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You can always fedex it to her address when she gets home in England. Make sure you do it in a few envelopes...it's better pay more in shipping.

But always, check for yourself about the laws and rules of one's country regarding currency.

You can not bring in or take out currency more than 10,000 USD without declaring it in the customs. If she were to bring it to England, make sure she checks with the customs in England.

• Upvote 1

You can always fedex it to her address when she gets home in England. Make sure you do it in a few envelopes...it's better pay more in shipping.

But always, check for yourself about the laws and rules of one's country regarding currency.

You can not bring in or take out currency more than 10,000 USD without declaring it in the customs. If she were to bring it to England, make sure she checks with the customs in England.

Hi Nadita,

No disrespect intended here, like you said, you want to do research before you ship with fedex. If it gets check at customes for whatever reason or gets lost you will be up the creek without a paddle. I deal with fedex everyday, and have inquired about shipping currency with my account rep. It is not allowed. You can call for yourself and verify.

Crackerman, I'm not saying you won't receive the package, but like Nadita said, just look at the risk and call fedex first and make an informed decision.

Edited by magicchris
  • Upvote 1

British law is unknown to all who have answered you.

US law says you can't take more than 10K out of the country without declaring it on a Fincen 105.

If it RV's prior to flight ... you have a problem (fill out the Fincen 105 and present it to the TSA) ... if it RV's after the flight and it's worth something less than $2500 ...

Visible on X-ray! ... what a bunch of nonsense!

Here's you form http://www.fincen.go...fin105_cmir.pdf ... check British law

Peace

Doc31

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 2

US law says you can't take more than 10K out of the country without declaring it on a Fincen 105.

If it RV's prior to flight ... you have a problem (fill out the Fincen 105 and present it to the TSA) ... if it RV's after the flight and it's worth something less than $2500 ...

Peace

Doc31

:) Thank you Doc31 for the great advice :)

Hi Nadita,

No disrespect intended here, like you said, you want to do research before you ship with fedex. If it gets check at customes for whatever reason or gets lost you will be up the creek without a paddle. I deal with fedex everyday, and have inquired about shipping currency with my account rep. It is not allowed. You can call for yourself and verify.

Crackerman, I'm not saying you won't receive the package, but like Nadita said, just look at the risk and call fedex first and make an informed decision.

Fedex ships IQD every day. IQD is not a tradeable currency at this time. What goes in your package is your business. Fedex is not in the "policing" business either, what you send through them is dependent on your comfort level. If you put "currency" instead of "business documents" well, you're not the brightest bulb in the socket then.

If Ali can ship here FROM England, then she should be able to take some back. I have bought some small denoms on ebay from a business in the country of Jordan. I may be wrong but I am not aware of any law prohibiting her taking some home. The only issue is whether or not she needs to claim them. US law says that anything over $10,000 in value must be declared. Unless she is taking back a whole lot she won't even have to declare them unless the rv occurs before she goes back!!

Hope that helps. But someone may be more authoritative than me on this.

try this link i think it will help http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/publications/travel/currency_rpt_flyer/

Fedex ships IQD every day. IQD is not a tradeable currency at this time. What goes in your package is your business. Fedex is not in the "policing" business either, what you send through them is dependent on your comfort level. If you put "currency" instead of "business documents" well, you're not the brightest bulb in the socket then.

Hi usndiver,

I'm not saying that a currency dealer does not have a unique arrangement with fedex. It is all about volume after all. I would be surprised if they do not. But for you, I and the OP, I'm quite certain that, the same deal does not apply. You can fill out your international shipping label and put whatever you want in the description section, but yes, fedex can open it and look at it, it can get checked by customs, and it can get get lost. If any of the mentioned happens you will more likely then not be up the creek. Especially if it gets lost. How will you claim it? Although it is not a trad-able currency it is still a currency. Call them. I have

Not trying to stir the pot by any means, but if the op is looking for the safest way, all I'm saying is do your due diligence.

• Upvote 1

Peace

Doc31

Thanks Doc,

That was the most straight up answer to the original question.

• Upvote 1

Until it Rv's the dinar isn't worth anything, is not even a real currency in most countries. At least, i read that on here somewhere. And if that is true, people can take it almost anywhere because it has no value and is not tradable as a currency. It's like taking Monopoly money. Nobody cares.

In my own humble opinion, based on lots of international travel, you can carry all the money you want on an airline internationally, you have to be the best judge of your own safety and security. However, for most countries you must declare at customs more than 10,000 USD worth of any monetary instruments you may be carrying in or out of a country. (some countries vary that amount). That includes, cash, travelers checks, bonds etc. A good source of information will be the airline you plan to fly on. It is in their best interest that all their passengers have no problems going through customs. For large amounts of cash, it should be placed in your carry on luggage and never out of your immediate control. If it is much too large to carry, special arrangements can be made with the airline....usually at additonal costs. If you are traveling with lots of cash, do not travel alone, split the transported cash among your traveling group, be aware of your surroundings at all times, and keep a low profile but do not get paranoid.

Now, since you did your legal duty and declared the dinar at customs, you should do your best to do your legal duty to pay the taxe since the government will know about the cash you have. Contrary to popular belief, government agencies do talk to each other.

I have lots of dinar with me and I am not too worried on how to transport it before the RV, However, if I have it after the RV I am not sure I want to travel with all that money that is actually worth something. My thought is to open as HSBC account in the USA and just deposit the dinar in the Dubai branch. I will then gladly write a check to the IRS up return to the USA. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

Just my two dinar worth. I welcome contrary opinions as rules constantly change, sometimes on a daily basis, and someone with today's information can keep people, myself included, out of trouble.

One more thing.....Good morning to everyone, be healthy and happy and buy yourself something today, even if it is just a donut.