Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Does the US Treasury really have Dinar?

Gardeniacountry

Ok, according to several posts, the US Treasury holds trillions of dinar. Is there anyway to substantiate this, a link to a verifiable source? :o

There is not trillions of dinar to hold the whole country is worth 20+trillion dinar at a rate of 1.00+/-

980 billion dinar printed 2003

___ billion dinar printed 2007

and thats it............................

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I would bet they do. Why wouldn't they? Most countries invest in other countries currencies... especially ones they OCCUPY.... ;)

They MIGHT hold some as they used to in the 90s but to think they are holding trillions waiting on a RV is a little absurd and ignorant.....countries don't buy currency for profit.....they do it to manage monetary policy.....

There is not trillions of dinar to hold the whole country is worth 20+trillion dinar at a rate of 1.00+/-

Where have you been? Iraq has been printing currency nonstop......there was over 2 trillion in 2002 and its been growing ever since!

So Bush's plan for the war to pay for itself did not necessarily include only what they held in the treasury, but also what the US population held that would be taxed ?

Bushs plan for the war to pay for itself was about taking iraqs resources to cover the bill......but even then that never came from bushs mouth but from his advisors or whatever u call them......and it was statements made about taking oil to pay for the war which people were NOT very happy about

Where have you been? Iraq has been printing currency nonstop......there was over 2 trillion in 2002 and its been growing ever since!

Where have you been the money did not get released till Oct 2003

I was there and got the first dinar HMM? what say you

• Upvote 1

A lot of folks on DV checked what they had for print date ( which is on the note) and found dates for most years up to 2010.

No 2011 bills were found at that time.

According to the CBI, they have somewhere around 59 trillion in their M2.

A few months ago I attended a talk given by the chief economist for one of the largest banks in world. This guy is responsible for investment decisions regarding hundreds of billions of dollars worth of client portfolios. I asked him about Iraq and he replied that Iraq could be an economic power house but that it could also end up as a basket case, too early to tell because of the instability in the government and the region. I asked him if the US Treasury held dinar and told me, no, that the US Treasury does not hold dinar beyond what it needs for operational purposes, such has the US Embassy in Baghdad.

• Upvote 1

Bushs plan for the war to pay for itself was about taking iraqs resources to cover the bill......but even then that never came from bushs mouth but from his advisors or whatever u call them......and it was statements made about taking oil to pay for the war which people were NOT very happy about

I think the official # for the 2003 print was 6.43 trillion

2 trillion to be held within reserves (From the National Strategic Authority, I think that is what it is).

They've obviously printed since than... But to what extent? To exchange currencies that have become ripped, torn, or nearly useless?

Life expectancy of a currency on average over there is 1.5 years. A large portion of the population uses hard currency. So, switching to electronic would be a HUGE PLUS!

So, when we hear they've printed up to 31 trillion or so...

That means since roughly 2004, they've printed 25 trillion dinars.

That is over 3 trillion a year

And it took 21 747 jumbo jets to deliver the 6.43 trillion

• Upvote 2

A lot of folks on DV checked what they had for print date ( which is on the note) and found dates for most years up to 2010.

M2 is wealth of the country not cash SUPPLY the M1 is what your looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by randalln

And now, we have dinar, that when it re-values, will pay for that oil, right ? :blink:

A few months ago I attended a talk given by the chief economist for one of the largest banks in world. This guy is responsible for investment decisions regarding hundreds of billions of dollars worth of client portfolios. I asked him about Iraq and he replied that Iraq could be an economic power house but that it could also end up as a basket case, too early to tell because of the instability in the government and the region. I asked him if the US Treasury held dinar and told me, no, that the US Treasury does not hold dinar beyond what it needs for operational purposes, such has the US Embassy in Baghdad.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

When a Central bank orders bank notes there printed in consecutive years all at once for the lifespan of the note and the circulation demand ............

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.imf.org/external/np/sta/ir/IRProcessWeb/data/usa/eng/curusa.htm#I

there ya go you can look for yourself .. on the imf web site .. the united states has 144 billion in currency reserves ..

i dont think our govt makes it a practice to buy untradable currency with our tax dollars .. but you can listen to those who cannot produce and evidence of reputable source of information that you yourself can verify ..

if you want to listen to them who say .. yeas .. thats up to you .. id just stick with your original question and ask for the link .. its made up if they cant produce a link

foriegn currency reserves is 49,045.12 .. thats millions of dollars worth .. so just add 6 zeros .. 49,045,000,000

i dont see how anyone gets 4.5 trillion out of that

Edited by ashtray

I think the official # for the 2003 print was 6.43 trillion

2 trillion to be held within reserves (From the National Strategic Authority, I think that is what it is).

They've obviously printed since than... But to what extent? To exchange currencies that have become ripped, torn, or nearly useless?

Life expectancy of a currency on average over there is 1.5 years. A large portion of the population uses hard currency. So, switching to electronic would be a HUGE PLUS!

So, when we hear they've printed up to 31 trillion or so...

That means since roughly 2004, they've printed 25 trillion dinars.

That is over 3 trillion a year

And it took 21 747 jumbo jets to deliver the 6.43 trillion

No No NO and No

where do you guys get these numbers

Fact

the American dollar makes up 69% of the worlds cash supply (bet you did not know that...)

and there is only maybe 160 billion $100 notes on the planet at 1 time

I think you people need to do some more research

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here is where Rudy Cohnen...who was supposedly a J.P. Morgan Chase Bank Foreign Currency Executive?....Stating that we hold appx. 5.5 trillion dinars?....He was being interviewed on a Sean Hannity/Fox News Show...For what it's worth?....

it could be true ,, but unverifiable .. because it isnt listed because its not a tradable currency