Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Un-Circulated Notes

I was just thinking about all of the "un-circulated" notes that a lot of us speculators are holding. I want everybody to think about this and I also welcome any input on the matter.

Uncirculated Notes: Notes that are brand new and are not circulating around the market so to speak. Notes come from CBI to banks/dealers to speculators/investors/citizens.

So after 8 years of having this money printed it seems to me that a ton of this money was not really needed to begin with. I mean, why are there still trillions of "brand new" notes that obviously have never been circulated through the country of Iraq still available after 8 years?

If they actually needed 27 trillion dinars to begin with for banking, daily transactions, etc... then why are there still tons of brand new notes? Brand new means uncirculated. Uncirculated means they have not been "floating" around the market. Not being in the market tells me they were not necessary to begin with. IMO

This tells me something:

We don't actually know how much dinar out of the 27 trillion is actually out on the "streets" or in the country of iraq, being held by banks, governments (if any), and speculators/investors. In fact, we don't even know how much out of the 27 trillion or so has even been released period! Not even a close guess.... Because if we are able to still buy brand new notes to this day (after 8 years from the time of printing) then that obviously means that the CBI could have an even bigger "stash" of currency that has not been released and never will...

So how much actual physical currency is in circulation? I know we say 27 trillion. BUT, how and why are we able to still buy brand new "un-circulated" notes if they are all in "circulation."

I hope this makes sense...

I welcome any and all input.

• Upvote 3

The currency was printed outside Iraq so it would not have been prudent to just get what you may think you need.

Many factors would have come in to play so little point in trying to speculate.

Don't you think that the amount printed by De La Rue was calculated by Iraq and other officials involved in the process? Don't you think there was a plan in place before they printed their money?

Just a little reminder for some of you out there who may have never come across this information: Future of Iraq Project

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You can thank Shabibi for that. Those auctions have been so successful he has kept printing more and more. Originally there was only 5 trillion IQD printed. The more people that got involved and invested brought demand up and so the supply had to be increased.

Exactly....and the more auctions that go down, the more that will be printed......I just posted the newest financial indicators and the amount in circulation outside the banks went up another trillion.....just the opposite of where it needs to go!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

New to all this but have been reading and going through the many posts here and now, with this post, am wondering if

we should be buying circulated bills instead, or would it not matter???? Thanks for your insight and time.

It wont matter....as long as they are legit, it wont make a difference if they have been circulated or not.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

New to all this but have been reading and going through the many posts here and now, with this post, am wondering if

we should be buying circulated bills instead, or would it not matter???? Thanks for your insight and time.

I really doesnt matter ......

• Upvote 1

They have to keep generating USD reserves to pay contractors and conduct any business concerning the rebuilding of Iraq.

Shabibi seems quite content to keep the program rate active and continue to build Reserves, while making profit in the Dinar spread.

As long as this has been going on, the chances of straight up RV seem further and further away.

The currency being sold is inflation laden, and continually weakens the Iraq monetary system with each inflation laden note being printed.

As long as the world continues to proclaim the riches from an imminent RV, all Shabibi has to do to keep Iraq running is print more Dinar to exchange for reserves that have value.

Munch all you want; the CBI will print more....

--------------------------------There in lies the scam,,,every time someone buys more dinars the value actually goes down... I asked the question, before, as to why no one thought about printing all that money , It seems,they did,and we did not. At some point,iraq will have to invalidate their script,and start over...At the exspence of investor who was greedy...bulls and bears will win and lose,,,pigs will get slaughtered... BASH ME IF YOU MUST...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, I am just now checking this out as my pastor told us he has bought some recently and praying for the best. He purchased his from the bank and they are pretty expensive there. I mentioned getting them from E-Bay but he insists that it is not a good idea due to counterfeit possibility. I am 52 yrs. old and concerned about Social Security being around when I need it. I have no retirement pensions or 401 K's, IRA's and have always lived paycheck to paycheck, so thought I would buy a few dinars here and there a couple times a month. There really seems to be legit discussions that this can go either way. Due to the fact that

I can only get some a little at a time, is there any advise as to the best place to buy? Is E-bay okay? Thanks a bunch for your time.

Is E-bay okay?

My personal opinion is that I dont think its the safest way to go.....have heard alot of people that found reputable dealers on ebay, but at the same time have heard most of the stories of people getting fake dinar was off ebay.....

So its up to you if you want to take that risk and deal with any hassle along with it....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

they havent printed more since 05, and if you old dogs can remember shabbs said he took back 16 trillion last year when they reduced liqiudity, keep you should remember that we talked about it many many times on chat. there are only 8-11 trillion in circ. they only printed 26 trillion, so you guys can do the math.....

p.s.

buying dinar on e-bay = bad decision......

• Upvote 5

they havent printed more since 05, and if you old dogs can remember shabbs said he took back 16 trillion last year when they reduced liqiudity. there are only 8-11 trillion in circ. they only printed 26 trillion, so you guys can do the math.....

p.s.

buying dinar on e-bay = bad decision......

Sonny,

Reducing liquidity doesnt necessarily mean they took currency out of circulation....that article that came out about removing 70% of the excess liquidity explained they took the money and filtered it right back down into the system, I believe the banking sector to be more specific for the purpose of financing and loans....its been awhile since I read it but Im pretty sure thats what it explained.....sometimes it can mean adding even more currency....

How do you explain the amount of currency outside of the banks consistantly growing year after year, month after month.....heck it rose about 1 trillion from may to june I believe it was....the money supply keeps growing no matter what they do....

• Upvote 1

Exactly....and the more auctions that go down, the more that will be printed......I just posted the newest financial indicators and the amount in circulation outside the banks went up another trillion.....just the opposite of where it needs to go!!!

I see. OK, so they are still printing new money. DAMN! rolleyes.gif

Sonny,

Reducing liquidity doesnt necessarily mean they took currency out of circulation....that article that came out about removing 70% of the excess liquidity explained they took the money and filtered it right back down into the system, I believe the banking sector to be more specific for the purpose of financing and loans....its been awhile since I read it but Im pretty sure thats what it explained.....sometimes it can mean adding even more currency....

How do you explain the amount of currency outside of the banks consistantly growing year after year, month after month.....heck it rose about 1 trillion from may to june I believe it was....the money supply keeps growing no matter what they do....

keep, first off all iraq's poor me attitude leads me to believe that they are saying they are on the hook for more that they really are. plus the firm that printed iraq's money hasnt printed any more 3-0'ed notes since 05, so it would be hard to believe that there releasing more than what was printed, plus they said last year that they sucked in 16 trillion (shabbs said not saleh) it makes one believe that they are probably at 8-11 trillion out in circulation. shabbs knows how much he is on the hook for. thats why all these idiots that say high rv are complete idiots, the most we should-will see is .$30. that would put iraq at or around the $2-3 trillion payout mark at rv time. they can pay that back with the reserves that they are sitting on currently, and profit alittle as well.

• Upvote 4

keep, first off all iraq's poor me attitude leads me to believe that they are saying they are on the hook for more that they really are. plus the firm that printed iraq's money hasnt printed any more 3-0'ed notes since 05, so it would be hard to believe that there releasing more than what was printed, plus they said last year that they sucked in 16 trillion (shabbs said not saleh) it makes one believe that they are probably at 8-11 trillion out in circulation. shabbs knows how much he is on the hook for. thats why all these idiots that say high rv are complete idiots, the most we should-will see is .$30. that would put iraq at or around the $2-3 trillion payout mark at rv time. they can pay that back with the reserves that they are sitting on currently, and profit alittle as well.

While I agree that the high rv crowd needs to do a little more homework on the situation lol, and that a low low RV to start could possibly be pulled off somehow, I still fail to see how they pulled 16 trillion out of circulation when we speculators have been buying dinar for the past 8 years and they are uncirculated and in numerical order for the most part.....almost like its hot off the press.....I think they have still been printing dinar, we all know that physical bills dont last long in anyones hands and the need to replace them is a necessity....the auctions still sell dinar too (not all the time, but they have)....the money has to come from somewhere....if you can show me the article that proves shabs took out 16 trillion from circulation, I will come paint your house for free!! biggrin.gif But the only thing I can think of that you might be referring to is the one about removing excess liquidity as you previously stated.....but that was just putting the money back into the economy, not removing bills from circulation...and the financial indicators match that theory...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

plus the firm that printed iraq's money hasnt printed any more 3-0'ed notes since 05, so it would be hard to believe that there releasing more than what was printed,

The dinar years appears on each dinars, are in the arabic language in small on each notes. So far the last printed Dinar 3 zero, are in 2009 which are writed 2010 on the dinar.. they print one years in advance always.

I did not find someone with 2011 years yet and I doubt there is. I Have some 2010 years dinar in 25k, also (25k notes 2008) and (2004; 250 notes) There is one ebay sellers I bought are all 2010 dinar and he have tons to sell (100millions and more)

See how to see the dinar years.

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/wlw4w030ma60o69jzpu4_dinar.jpg

Notes: smaller notes like 50 dinar years is placed on top the left side

Edited by chris2k4
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I am just now checking this out as my pastor told us he has bought some recently and praying for the best. He purchased his from the bank and they are pretty expensive there. I mentioned getting them from E-Bay but he insists that it is not a good idea due to counterfeit possibility. I am 52 yrs. old and concerned about Social Security being around when I need it. I have no retirement pensions or 401 K's, IRA's and have always lived paycheck to paycheck, so thought I would buy a few dinars here and there a couple times a month. There really seems to be legit discussions that this can go either way. Due to the fact that

I can only get some a little at a time, is there any advise as to the best place to buy? Is E-bay okay? Thanks a bunch for your time.

THIS IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS ADVICE...

IT IS ONLY MY OPINION BASED ON MY ACTIONS AND IN RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE INQUIRY.

I DO ADVISE EVERYONE TO DO THEIR OWN RESEARCH, RE-CHECK YOUR RESULTS, THEN MAKE YOUR BEST DECISION.

I previously posted the following information (elsewhere) in response to people with extremely limited resources asking how they could acquire at least a few IQD and knew no one personally from whom they could purchase a few:

Thru the past several months I've been fortunate enough to invest in a few IQD at a time. My goal was to reach a point of accumulating enough dinar that even if it RVd at USD $0.01 per dinar...I’d make a profit (inclusive of any potential fees and the spread charged when cashing them in).

I certainly couldn't afford the minimums from the 'big guys', even if they were/are at a lower price per dinar. After going through site after site, I finally concluded that for a limited investor like myself, there wasn’t much choice. As a 12 year eBay veteran, I checked there and was happy to see they were offering IQD in small amounts.

The following worked best for me when buying IQD:

1. Check the 'Buy it Now' category.

I spent a lot of time crunching numbers and comparing ‘Buy it Now’ prices vs the winning bids on the auctions. The Auction prices tend to be driven up by a lot of ‘unenlightened’ bidders (or even friends of the seller). As expected, the ‘Buy it Now’ prices have also continued to increase. Look for the ones that have been a ‘Buy it Now’ for the longest period of time. Many of those tend to have a lower price (per dinar) as when the seller first uploaded them.

2. Check the ratings of the Seller and read their feedback for IQD sales.

I will only buy from someone with a history of positive feedback for the sale of dinars...not just positive feedback for selling widgets (or only as a buyer). If someone has been cheated involving the dinars...buyers will certainly leave negative feedback. (And let’s see how just how long an unethical seller remains on eBay).

3.The lower denominations (IQD 500, 250 and 50) are available on eBay.

The higher denoms (IQD 25K, 10K, 5K and 1K) are always available and some sellers may be offering them at a better rate due to current rumours and speculation.

4. Additionally, to keep my blood pressure down.

I have learned to only order from sellers who offer or will agree to send with a tracking number or even via USPS Priority Mail. At this juncture...it is not beyond the realm of possibility for a seller to delay or even 'forget' to mail the dinar out in a timely manner. The original purchase price would be refunded, so who would be the winner there? There is also the chance that untracked purchases could 'disappear' in transit from seller to buyer.

PLEASE NOTE!

The old, pre-liberation Iraqi Dinar is also sold on eBay. Generally, if it has Saddam Hussein’s picture on it... buy it only if you want a souvenir or running out of toilet paper. I honestly feel some sellers are getting rid of them by hoping buyers new to the IQD investment simply won’t know the difference.

Here is a link to the Central Bank of Iraq’s website that shows the IQD.

http://cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes

The individual pics can be enlarged to show the detail.

I’ve never had any issues with eBay sellers or the IQD I purchased. I verified all safeguard requirements of the currency, even the ultra-violet light stamping. Luckily, I can still read some Arabic, especially the numbers. And I double checked those for any duplication of their serial numbers.

BTW folks...before the bashing ensues: kindly keep in mind that I am as entitled to express my opinion(s) for purchasing on eBay as you may have for not buying there. The difference is that you will probably not be bashed for expressing yours...

Ahlan wa Sahlan RV!

Please be advised that I do not sell IQD nor am I acquainted with or related to anyone selling IQD on eBay.