Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Live chat w/ Forex.com

Basso Profundo

On the surface this doesn't bode well, at least for the near future. On the other hand...?

(Please note, I was very low key on purpose. I haven't passed on this and am as hopeful as the rest.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You are now chatting with 'Matt D'

Matt D: Hello Rick, welcome to FOREX.com. May I have your account number (User ID) to better assist you?

Rick: Hi Matt. Sorry don't have one yet... I'm hearing a lot about the Iraqi dinar. If I were interested in trading in it, could I do it through you? I haven't invested in currencies before.

Matt D: Unfortunately we do not offer the Iraqi Dinar. I do apologize.

Rick: Really? Why is that?

Rick: Is it not a recognized currency?

Matt D: Our currency pairs that we offer are determined by our company and trade desk. We do not feel at this time that adding it would have any extra benefit to us or our clients.

Rick: I see. Ok, then I'm gonna pass on it too then. Thanks Matt and have a good 4th.

Matt D: You too.

Matt D: Thank you for visiting. Should you have further questions or comments please log on to chat, email, call us at 1-877-FOREXGO (367-3946) or internationally at 1-908-731-0750.

Rick: will do

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They are gonna say that right up til the moment it becomes tradeable/revalues. He could say that right now and bam it hits 2 hrs later and he'll be saying something totally different. I wouldn't think anything more about this.

• Upvote 2

You know the biggest reason why they probly have no plans to sell it on forex?? Because it wont be a market based rate, or free floating.....its gonna be pegged to a basket of currencies.....

Wouldnt be much of a reason to trade it....

Now someone that makes some sense!!! Thanks Keepmw!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On the surface this doesn't bode well, at least for the near future. On the other hand...?

(Please note, I was very low key on purpose. I haven't passed on this and am as hopeful as the rest.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You are now chatting with 'Matt D'

Matt D: Hello Rick, welcome to FOREX.com. May I have your account number (User ID) to better assist you?

Rick: Hi Matt. Sorry don't have one yet... I'm hearing a lot about the Iraqi dinar. If I were interested in trading in it, could I do it through you? I haven't invested in currencies before.

Matt D: Unfortunately we do not offer the Iraqi Dinar. I do apologize.

Rick: Really? Why is that?

Rick: Is it not a recognized currency?

Matt D: Our currency pairs that we offer are determined by our company and trade desk. We do not feel at this time that adding it would have any extra benefit to us or our clients.

Rick: I see. Ok, then I'm gonna pass on it too then. Thanks Matt and have a good 4th.

Matt D: You too.

Matt D: Thank you for visiting. Should you have further questions or comments please log on to chat, email, call us at 1-877-FOREXGO (367-3946) or internationally at 1-908-731-0750.

Rick: will do

I do not know what you guys expect to hear.

Most brokers, and you need a broker to trade, only handle a subset of the pairs you will see quoted. Mainly the majors.

Why not ask a broker the same question regarding China or Brazil and see what response you get.

• Upvote 1

They couldn't possibly offer the IQD because it isn't traded on the forex market period! Besides, forex.com only trades pairs that they think will make them money on a retail platform, this has nothing to do with the big players like investment banks, billionaires and trillion-airs that trade on a private platform. If this is how you base your decision to invest then you will have one hell of a time ever having a good investment in currencies. But really I should just say do more homework and when it comes to the forex you will have to do A LOT of homework. But then we are talking about a market that makes and loses fortunes in the mater of seconds...

Those poor forex guys. This is about the 10th call that I have seen on this forum and they always say the same thing.

Sooooooo True!!!!!!!!!! Along with all the bank calls and walk in inquiries about the dinar.... Some dinar holders are relentless in their search for anything positive in this investment.... I really don't blame them I'm just super lazy..... :D

• Upvote 1