Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PTR

Chad Rupple

Come on, were not 5 years old. This isn't grade school. Everyone hear has cursed and used a word they shouldn't have. We seriously gotta go get the teacher and tattle tale about it? It's simple, you just move on, Censorship is not the answer, based on someone's opinion.

Theoretically agreed (I advocate full freedom of speech for one) but these are the rules in this house where we are all guests.... So we have to abide to them...Simple....We may like it or not but that's the way it is.

Edited by umbertino

The word *********** has two meanings. To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede. And the offensive slang used as a disparaging term for a mentally retarded person.

The individual chose to be offensive so the power of moderation swung the hammer into the temple of the offender and smashed the usurper back into neutrality.

The word *********** has two meanings. To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede. And the offensive slang used as a disparaging term for a mentally retarded person.

The individual chose to be offensive so the power of moderation swung the hammer into the temple of the offender and smashed the usurper back into neutrality.

My point was to be consistent in the banning of certain words. That was it. CONSISTENCY. It did not have to do with maturity, sensitivity, or freedom of speech. Perimeters and guidelines. That was it. I should have made myself more clear, apparently.

Boy, anything will start a fire storm around here lately. Geeeeezzzz.

Are you kidding with this comment? How about trying common human respect, obviously if people are asking you to not use certain words, its for a personal reason. Are you 12? Did you learn any basic manners in what ever detention center you grew up in?

I love the internet, tough guys can type what ever they want.

Yes they are asking for THEIR personal reasons.

My suggestion is for them to grow up and handle it.

I did not start the use of these word in this thread.

I do however have a problem with censorship for someones personal reasons.

• Upvote 2

That's the thing with private sites like this one: Management decides what they deem appropriate. If management decides that they don't like a word or a term because it's demeaning, or destructive, or hurtful, so be it. If someone is given fair warning to please stop using said word or term ... and they keep using it, how idiotic and ridiculous is it to complain about getting a consequence AFTER RECEIVING FAIR WARNING TO STOP. (Talk about arrested development!)

If someone decides that they don't like operating within certain limits, rules or boundaries, they're free to leave.

It's really very simple.

GO RV !!!

Yes i picked up on that. It seems that my point was missed, why would you want to ban words?I understand that If someone is using inflamatory speech on a private site it is no diffeferent than using it in someones home, however, who made this "offensive" word banned? If it was santioned by Adam, then so be it, thats the rules, this is his house, but if it wasn't then in my opinion, it is not the job of a moderator to play potty mouth police, there should be a clear defined code of conduct not an ambiguous personal discretion policy that is enforced differently by each individual mod. Basically i just wanted to know the reason why the "R" word was baned, i had never had knowledge that this word was taboo before and i have been here going on 3 years. This discussion has gone south and not worth the energy. Happy 4th y'all.

Edited by DgreenFSU66