Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

*** MORE GOOD NEWS****

Republic of Iraq

ديوان الرئاسة Office of the President

المكتب الصحفي Press office

اخبار: News:

June 15, 2011 June 15, 2011

عقد الرئيس جلال طالباني ونائباه الاستاذ طارق الهاشمي والدكتور خضير الخزاعي مساء اليوم الاربعاء 15-6-2011، اجتماعا بهدف تداول الاراء حول الاوضاع العامة وتم الاتفاق على: Held by President Jalal Talabani and two vice presidents Tareq al-Hashemi and Dr. Khudair Khuzaie pm Wednesday 6/15/2011, a meeting to exchange of opinions on the general situation has been agreed on:

1- العمل كفريق واحد متجانس لاداء دورهم في حماية الدستور وتنفيذ الاتفاقات بما فيها اتفاقية اربيل ولتحقيق المصالحة الوطنية بين الاطراف السياسية. 1 - work as a team uniform to perform their role in the protection of the Constitution and the implementation of the agreements including the Convention on Arbil and to achieve national reconciliation among the political parties.

2- توجيه دعوة الى جميع الاطراف السياسية لانهاء الحملات الاعلامية ولاعتماد خطاب سياسي هادئ وموضوعي يهتم بالمشتركات المتفق عليها وتترك الاختلافات كل في حوار وطني شامل وهادئ. 2 - to extend an invitation to all political parties to end media campaigns and the adoption of a political speech calm and objective cares Palmstrkat agreed and leave the differences in their respective national and comprehensive dialogue and quiet.

3- خلق اجواء ايجابية تمهد لحوار بناء ومصارحة اخوية تبدأ من حيث انتهت مفاوضات اربيل ومداولاتها حول مبادرة الرئيس مسعود بارزاني. 3 - create a positive atmosphere pave the way for constructive dialogue and frankness fraternal start from where the negotiations and deliberations of Irbil over the initiative of President Masoud Barzani.

4- مناشدة الجميع لتجنب كل ما يشحن الاجواء السياسية بالخلافات والدعوة الى التمسك بالمشتركات والاتفاقات لحل المشاكل الموجودة في البلاد. 4 - appealing to everyone to avoid all shipped political climate differences and call for adherence to Palmstrkat and agreements to resolve the problems existing in the country.

والله الموفق وهو المولى و النصير. God bless the Lord and patron.

رئيس الجمهورية President of the Republic

جلال طالباني Jalal Talabani

15-6-2011 15-6-2011

http://www.sotaliraq.com/iraq-news.php?id=22492

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Talibani is a Kurd. Barzani is a Kurd. Why are these two guys the most level headed in the group? I hope they can put this to rest.

Z adversity breeds genius

1988,Iraq retaliates against the Kurds for supporting Iran during the Iran-Iraq war, and through the "al-Anfal" ("spoils of war") campaign, slaughters thousands of civilians and uproots 1.5 million from their homes. Thousands flee to Turkey.

1991 After the Persian Gulf War, Iraq's Kurds rise up against Saddam Hussein, encouraged by the United States. Iraq quashes the rebellions, killing thousands. The U.N. coalition forces do not come to the aid of the Kurds, but eventually establish a no-fly zone in the north for their protection. Iraqi Kurds now control a 15,000-square-mile autonomous region in Northern Iraq populated by 3 million Kurds.

Turkey lifts ban set by former military government on the use of Kurdish language in unofficial settings. Kurdish remains illegal in schools, political settings, and broadcasts. 1992 A large-scale Turkish military operation attacks PKK bases in Iraq, where Kurdish safe havens had been allowed to develop by international forces after the Persian Gulf War.

1993 The Turkish government grants limited autonomy to the Kurds, though Kurdish political parties continue to be banned. Martial law is imposed to quell uprisings. Tens of thousands of security forces are sent to southeastern Turkey as the struggle intensifies.

1994 The two main political groups of the Iraqi Kurds, the Kurdish Democratic Party (KDP), led by Masoud Barzani (his father and grandfather were legendary Kurdish freedom fighters), and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), headed by Jalal Talabani, begin fighting each other for control of the Kurdish autonomous region. 1995 In a military operation similar to the one in 1992, about 35,000 Turkish troops invade PKK bases in Iraq.

1998 The PUK's Talabani and the KDP's Barzani sign a peace agreement, ending the four-year war between rival Iraqi Kurd factions.

1999 Abdullah Ocalan is captured, convicted of treason and separatism, and sentenced to death. It immediately spurs a rash of bombings and other terrorist attacks both in Turkey and abroad. Ocalan urges Kurdish rebels to pursue political rather than violent means.

2000 The Turkish government announces that Ocalan's sentence would be suspended until the case is reviewed by a European court.

2002 The Iraqi Kurdish regional parliament meets for the first time in six years, indicating a real sign of unity between Iraqi Kurdish factions since the 1994–1998 war. 2003 The Kurds join U.S. and British forces in defeating Saddam Hussein's regime. Four Kurds are appointed by the U.S. to the Iraqi Governing Council, including Barzani and Talabani.

Read more: Kurdish History Timeline — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/kurds3.html#ixzz1POv7KSX4'>http://www.infoplease.com/spot/kurds3.html#ixzz1POv7KSX4

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/kurds3.html

• Upvote 1

Talibani is a Kurd. Barzani is a Kurd. Why are these two guys the most level headed in the group? I hope they can put this to rest.

I live in an area where there are a lot of Kurdish people (Who fleed the M.E. during the war)

Here is what I have seen from them:

They love western culture (Many dress very western-like, drive "NICE" cars (Such as BMWs, Navigators, etc) and are hard-workers.

I used to work part-time at a job where one of the frequent customers was a Kurdish individual. I want to go as far as saying he was somewhat of an informant on the idea of issues going on in the M.E.

One of the "NICEST" guys I have ever met. He was sincere, full of humor, and respected.

I also learned how they loved to barter.. "(Trade)" - Wheel & deal

On a side note, the guy I am speaking of has a beautiful daughter. And if you had met her, you would not believe she was from the M.E. at all. Very Americanized.

Long story short, once some of the middle east gets a taste of western like culture, they'll crave for it. (IMO)

• Upvote 3

I live in an area where there are a lot of Kurdish people (Who fleed the M.E. during the war)

Here is what I have seen from them:

They love western culture (Many dress very western-like, drive "NICE" cars (Such as BMWs, Navigators, etc) and are hard-workers.

I used to work part-time at a job where one of the frequent customers was a Kurdish individual. I want to go as far as saying he was somewhat of an informant on the idea of issues going on in the M.E.

One of the "NICEST" guys I have ever met. He was sincere, full of humor, and respected.

I also learned how they loved to barter.. "(Trade)" - Wheel & deal

On a side note, the guy I am speaking of has a beautiful daughter. And if you had met her, you would not believe she was from the M.E. at all. Very Americanized.

Long story short, once some of the middle east gets a taste of western like culture, they'll crave for it. (IMO)

I agree with you completely. Going around some of the shops and solons I notice the music they listen to even if it's turkish or arabic singers the newer pop stuff is heavily influenced by hip hop / dance music. Its from us. The clothes and styles is either U.S. baggy or Europe tighter.... Its like errosion in a way...the effect of our culture has on other cultures.

These hard lined mullah's don't stand a chance against Lady Gaga.

It's kind a funny

• Upvote 1

Z adversity breeds genius

1988,Iraq retaliates against the Kurds for supporting Iran during the Iran-Iraq war, and through the "al-Anfal" ("spoils of war") campaign, slaughters thousands of civilians and uproots 1.5 million from their homes. Thousands flee to Turkey.

1991 After the Persian Gulf War, Iraq's Kurds rise up against Saddam Hussein, encouraged by the United States. Iraq quashes the rebellions, killing thousands. The U.N. coalition forces do not come to the aid of the Kurds, but eventually establish a no-fly zone in the north for their protection. Iraqi Kurds now control a 15,000-square-mile autonomous region in Northern Iraq populated by 3 million Kurds.

Turkey lifts ban set by former military government on the use of Kurdish language in unofficial settings. Kurdish remains illegal in schools, political settings, and broadcasts. 1992 A large-scale Turkish military operation attacks PKK bases in Iraq, where Kurdish safe havens had been allowed to develop by international forces after the Persian Gulf War.

1993 The Turkish government grants limited autonomy to the Kurds, though Kurdish political parties continue to be banned. Martial law is imposed to quell uprisings. Tens of thousands of security forces are sent to southeastern Turkey as the struggle intensifies.

1994 The two main political groups of the Iraqi Kurds, the Kurdish Democratic Party (KDP), led by Masoud Barzani (his father and grandfather were legendary Kurdish freedom fighters), and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), headed by Jalal Talabani, begin fighting each other for control of the Kurdish autonomous region. 1995 In a military operation similar to the one in 1992, about 35,000 Turkish troops invade PKK bases in Iraq.

1998 The PUK's Talabani and the KDP's Barzani sign a peace agreement, ending the four-year war between rival Iraqi Kurd factions.

1999 Abdullah Ocalan is captured, convicted of treason and separatism, and sentenced to death. It immediately spurs a rash of bombings and other terrorist attacks both in Turkey and abroad. Ocalan urges Kurdish rebels to pursue political rather than violent means.

2000 The Turkish government announces that Ocalan's sentence would be suspended until the case is reviewed by a European court.

2002 The Iraqi Kurdish regional parliament meets for the first time in six years, indicating a real sign of unity between Iraqi Kurdish factions since the 1994–1998 war. 2003 The Kurds join U.S. and British forces in defeating Saddam Hussein's regime. Four Kurds are appointed by the U.S. to the Iraqi Governing Council, including Barzani and Talabani.

Read more: Kurdish History Timeline — Infoplease.com http://www.infopleas...l#ixzz1POv7KSX4

http://www.infopleas...pot/kurds3.html

God bless 'em. It's amazing how practical and smart these two men are, compared to the rest of the GOI. I'm glad to see Talibani stepping it up.

Republic of Iraq

ديوان الرئاسة Office of the President

المكتب الصحفي Press office

اخبار: News:

June 15, 2011 June 15, 2011

عقد الرئيس جلال طالباني ونائباه الاستاذ طارق الهاشمي والدكتور خضير الخزاعي مساء اليوم الاربعاء 15-6-2011، اجتماعا بهدف تداول الاراء حول الاوضاع العامة وتم الاتفاق على: Held by President Jalal Talabani and two vice presidents Tareq al-Hashemi and Dr. Khudair Khuzaie pm Wednesday 6/15/2011, a meeting to exchange of opinions on the general situation has been agreed on:

1- العمل كفريق واحد متجانس لاداء دورهم في حماية الدستور وتنفيذ الاتفاقات بما فيها اتفاقية اربيل ولتحقيق المصالحة الوطنية بين الاطراف السياسية. 1 - work as a team uniform to perform their role in the protection of the Constitution and the implementation of the agreements including the Convention on Arbil and to achieve national reconciliation among the political parties.

2- توجيه دعوة الى جميع الاطراف السياسية لانهاء الحملات الاعلامية ولاعتماد خطاب سياسي هادئ وموضوعي يهتم بالمشتركات المتفق عليها وتترك الاختلافات كل في حوار وطني شامل وهادئ. 2 - to extend an invitation to all political parties to end media campaigns and the adoption of a political speech calm and objective cares Palmstrkat agreed and leave the differences in their respective national and comprehensive dialogue and quiet.

3- خلق اجواء ايجابية تمهد لحوار بناء ومصارحة اخوية تبدأ من حيث انتهت مفاوضات اربيل ومداولاتها حول مبادرة الرئيس مسعود بارزاني. 3 - create a positive atmosphere pave the way for constructive dialogue and frankness fraternal start from where the negotiations and deliberations of Irbil over the initiative of President Masoud Barzani.

4- مناشدة الجميع لتجنب كل ما يشحن الاجواء السياسية بالخلافات والدعوة الى التمسك بالمشتركات والاتفاقات لحل المشاكل الموجودة في البلاد. 4 - appealing to everyone to avoid all shipped political climate differences and call for adherence to Palmstrkat and agreements to resolve the problems existing in the country.

والله الموفق وهو المولى و النصير. God bless the Lord and patron.

رئيس الجمهورية President of the Republic

جلال طالباني Jalal Talabani

15-6-2011 15-6-2011

http://www.sotaliraq.com/iraq-news.php?id=22492

I can see that this is dated and refers to yesterday but I am hoping that this is the outcome of Pascoe's visit, which ended on Monday, and has actulally been implemented

God bless 'em. It's amazing how practical and smart these two men are, compared to the rest of the GOI. I'm glad to see Talibani stepping it up.

With all the political positioning that has been going on in the last year alone between the Iraqi "politicians", I have noted that has been chaotic, argumentative, disorganized and extremely adversarial in nature. Now, at a time where so much has come together and it seems much is happening...we see these two stepping up their game and becoming more vocal. Are we in the eleventh hour of the RV? What comes to mind is a proverb from the book of Solomon:

"A true wise man looks for every opportunity in which to say nothing"

Perhaps because they understood better than we do, the nature of politics and/or political influence, in that part of the world, they have chosen to sit back and let the others expose themselves through their actions or lack of. It makes sense to me that if they knew this play out with so much indifference and opposition (as it has) that they might sit back, observe and take notes. Northern Iraq seems like a different country as they are not by any means in the same state of distress as the rest of their country. They have managed to maintain their communities and much more modern way of life throughout much of this debacle.

It's like a couple of adults watching some children scrap and argue patiently. As adults, they know when enough is enough and are prepared to step in when the time is right. By being patient, they have a working knowledge of which children they should focus more of their attention on. It might be a lame metaphor but it would not surprise me if much of this chaos has been allowed to allow some of the problems to come to bare, making it easier to know who to deal with and how. Let's not forget what is at stake, too many countries and too much wealth...I feel certain we are close and the "adults" are about to put an end to this fiasco and in effect put the children to bed...some without their supper, I'm sure.

GO RVVVVVV

Edited by ToothyGrins4U
  • Upvote 1

Kurds aren't Arabs. any questions?

The future of Iraq depends on the Kurdish presence to prevent total failure of civilization.

I hope they attain a much higher presence in the GOI.

All you have to do is look at the progress Barzani has made to see the potential that Iraq has ..

I agree that, of the politicians currently in power, Barzani has the potential to be the best. I only hope that he doesn't succumb to the temptation to "go tribal" and try to become a dictator, which it seems that Allawi and Maliki both lean toward.

The single ruler model (read that: tribal chieftan) is a deeply ingrained part of ME society, and has been for centuries. That may be the single most significant obstacle to implementing democracy in Iraq or any other ME country. Hopefully, it won't hold up the RV.