Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Can we rename this forum the "Obama Bashing Forum?"

lizlemon78

I'm just saying, there's like 25 threads on the first page of this forum and like, one of them is about cell phones giving people cancer.

The rest is about Obama. We get it. You guys hate him. Do we need new threads every day retreading the same thing? You guys are like gurus with this stuff. Isn't there another song y'all know?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10

I'm just saying, there's like 25 threads on the first page of this forum and like, one of them is about cell phones giving people cancer.

The rest is about Obama. We get it. You guys hate him. Do we need new threads every day retreading the same thing? You guys are like gurus with this stuff. Isn't there another song y'all know?

is there any other song you know besides everyone hates him due to race? i get sick of hearing that. dead in the water and so yesterday! boring boring boring!

he sucks as president! deal with it.

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 2

Sorry dude sone of these people are the same that think the rapture was supposed to happen last month... The blindly follow others opinions as fact so I'm sure alot of them hate obama simply because they are republicans. Personally I dont think anyone would have a good term with how our country is right now... I'm not for obama but I hope he does well for,the good of our country... These guys would hate him if he was doing great and probably hooe he crashes and burns at the expense of our country

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

is there any other song you know besides everyone hates him due to race? i get sick of hearing that. dead in the water and so yesterday! boring boring boring!

he sucks as president! deal with it.

you know what? I was super naive when I came here and thought that race was a big factor behind it. After hanging around here for a couple weeks, I understand now that you guys are way beyond my plane of reasoning. I don't understand your motives for all this or going forward. It's like trying to understand the policies of chinese tigers. I just don't get it.

So you guys do your thing, really. I have no desire to cross pee streams with you anymore. I'm just saying maybe there's a compromise where some of us can have an actual off topic forum and then those of you who want to do whatever it is you're doing can have a place to do it and the data lines don't get clogged up in the process.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

you know what? I was super naive when I came here and thought that race was a big factor behind it. After hanging around here for a couple weeks, I understand now that you guys are way beyond my plane of reasoning. I don't understand your motives for all this or going forward. It's like trying to understand the policies of chinese tigers. I just don't get it.

So you guys do your thing, really. I have no desire to cross pee streams with you anymore. I'm just saying maybe there's a compromise where some of us can have an actual off topic forum and then those of you who want to do whatever it is you're doing can have a place to do it and the data lines don't get clogged up in the process.

Liz... you started this thread. It's quite simple to understand... just a difference in ideologies, perhaps philosophies. Conservatives tend to have extreme clarity with theirs, while Liberals (almost by the nature of the word) tend to view things as they say "more open-minded", which to some means nothing, and is a waste of thought. Such "grey" vision tends also to offend the sensibilities and reasoning to some... hence, the conservative diatribes and "outrage". So you must learn to accept that forums, news, etc. will reflect this.... kind of like the free-market of opinion. If you or any liberal viewpoint has any traction on issues... let 'em out! But to simply complain about popular public outrage, or whining about the popularity of say, Fox News... that you are being "overun" is sophomoric. The free-market settles all... not censorship or mandates... or government. With extreme clarity, Jax.

• Upvote 14

Again, you misunderstand. I'm not interested in letting my views out. I'm in fact trying not to get in their way. I just feel that lately, this has become the political soapbox forum, which is fine until you want to have off topic, non-political conversation. that's all.

Edited by lizlemon78
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Liz... you started this thread. It's quite simple to understand... just a difference in ideologies, perhaps philosophies. Conservatives tend to have extreme clarity with theirs, while Liberals (almost by the nature of the word) tend to view things as they say "more open-minded", which to some means nothing, and is a waste of thought. Such "grey" vision tends also to offend the sensibilities and reasoning to some... hence, the conservative diatribes and "outrage". So you must learn to accept that forums, news, etc. will reflect this.... kind of like the free-market of opinion. If you or any liberal viewpoint has any traction on issues... let 'em out! But to simply complain about popular public outrage, or whining about the popularity of say, Fox News... that you are being "overun" is sophomoric. The free-market settles all... not censorship or mandates... or government. With extreme clarity, Jax.

Excellent post!!

• Upvote 4

It's interesting to know who are the Libs...er... because, SUPRISE, EVERY US CITIZEN IS A LIBERAL!

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis, "of freedom") is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.

Liberalism encompasses several intellectual trends and traditions, but the dominant variants are classical liberalism, which became popular in the eighteenth century, and social liberalism, which became popular in the twentieth century.

So, we have "Classical" liberals who call themselves "Conservatives" and "Social" liberals who call themselves "Progressives".

I do caution though, "Progressive Liberals" have always whined like babys, just like this post.

John Adams was a BIG LIBERAL, along with Thomas Jefferson. Adams observed of "Social Liberals" : "The rich, the poor, the high professor and the prophane, seem all to be infected with this grievous disorder, so that the love of our neighbor seems to be quite banished, the love of self and opinions so far prevails...The enemies of our present struggle...are grown even scurrilous to individuals, and treat all characters who differ from them with the most opprobrious language." This is my experience when I engage the "Progressive". I engage with facts. They retort with nonsense and name calling. Another observation is "Classical" liberals believe what they see. "Social" liberals see what they believe. So LizLemon78, I'll add you to my list too but I won't dare call you a Liberal. You haven't earned that title. Can ya guess who I stand with? And, Yes, COME ON 2012! Maybe we'll have an RV by then too, managed by Nobama for the election.

• Upvote 2

It's because you are a Liberal that you just don't get it. No offence meant, because we conservatives can be the same way. One thing that should be noted is that most liberals actually live a conservative life style and just don't know it. If the world were to change to what they claim to be the best way, they would find that their everyday lives would be something altogether different. And there would be no one to blame. The freedoms they enjoy now would be gone, they could not ever become independantly wealthy because that would be a crime. Everyone would have to act, and behave in the same way. The very term Liberal makes you think of the definition of the word "liberation". But it's strange that the term conservative makes you think of one being non showy or quite in nature.

When the conservatives are fighting for more personal freedoms and the liberals fight to control the same freedoms through government there becomes a basic lack of understanding between them. As for me, I am neither Republican or Democrat, I am an independant conservative. The reason I am this is because my personal belief is that what I want out of life for me and my family is what we have earned. If we become wealthy, so be it! This is the dream of every American and most every human on the face of the earth. To become finacially independant! This is a part of the dream that America was founded upon! And it still works today!

Yeah you can waist your time downing the man who has achieved this and demonizing the wealthy, or you can go and make it happen for yourself! We all know who the masters of demonizing are and who instead offer real solutions that work and have been proven through hard work, just duck the questions and the issues by making the otherside's opinons look bad.

So if all you can do when backed into a corner is to draw attention away from the real issues and cry racist and blame Bush or Obama then you know which side you are on. As for me I am done blaming and now my actions through my vote will do the talking for me.

And as far as someone IMHO posting what and who you claim to be on their profile page, what does that matter? I mean really? It's like you are ashamed of who you are. If that is the case, you can always change sides.....and yes, that is a freedom we conservatives still fight for as well.

• Upvote 8

Posted Today, 11:49 AM

Again, you misunderstand. I'm not interested in letting my views out. I'm in fact trying not to get in their way. I just feel that lately, this has become the political soapbox forum, which is fine until you want to have off topic, non-political conversation. that's all.

This post has been edited by lizlemon78: Today, 11:50 AM

Read more:

LIZ OFF TOPIC IS OFF TOPIC IT CAN BE ALL SORTS OF THINGS IT IS AN OFF TOPIC OF THE DINAR SO WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER WHAT IT IS AS LONG AS IT IS IN OFF TOPIC AN THERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DINAR !! IN OFF TOPIC IT CAN BE THE TALK OF GOD/CARS/WEATHER /COMEDY /ECT ANYTHING BUT DINAR GET OVER IT U MUST BE A OBAHMA LOVAREN'TL SOME ARENT SOME ARE ME I DONT CARE AS THEY ARPOLITICIANSOK POLITIONS

GOD BLESS ALL

GOOOOOOOOOOO RV!!!

• Upvote 3

You have to just love the hypocracy of the liberals. They said NOTHING when Bush was constantly being ripped, nothing when Palin's family was being harrassed and nothing when Palin was hung in effigy. Yet, they cannot sit still when Obama is being put down or even questioned.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

It's because you are a Liberal that you just don't get it. No offence meant, because we conservatives can be the same way. One thing that should be noted is that most liberals actually live a conservative life style and just don't know it. If the world were to change to what they claim to be the best way, they would find that their everyday lives would be something altogether different. And there would be no one to blame. The freedoms they enjoy now would be gone, they could not ever become independantly wealthy because that would be a crime. Everyone would have to act, and behave in the same way. The very term Liberal makes you think of the definition of the word "liberation". But it's strange that the term conservative makes you think of one being non showy or quite in nature.

When the conservatives are fighting for more personal freedoms and the liberals fight to control the same freedoms through government there becomes a basic lack of understanding between them. As for me, I am neither Republican or Democrat, I am an independant conservative. The reason I am this is because my personal belief is that what I want out of life for me and my family is what we have earned. If we become wealthy, so be it! This is the dream of every American and most every human on the face of the earth. To become finacially independant! This is a part of the dream that America was founded upon! And it still works today!

Yeah you can waist your time downing the man who has achieved this and demonizing the wealthy, or you can go and make it happen for yourself! We all know who the masters of demonizing are and who instead offer real solutions that work and have been proven through hard work, just duck the questions and the issues by making the otherside's opinons look bad.

So if all you can do when backed into a corner is to draw attention away from the real issues and cry racist and blame Bush or Obama then you know which side you are on. As for me I am done blaming and now my actions through my vote will do the talking for me.

And as far as someone IMHO posting what and who you claim to be on their profile page, what does that matter? I mean really? It's like you are ashamed of who you are. If that is the case, you can always change sides.....and yes, that is a freedom we conservatives still fight for as well.

Very well said and on another note I didn't hide that list it was there for all to see and I didn't

know that I was offending others because I would think you would be proud of who you're.

And since I've been told to removed it which did.

You guys seem to forget we all have the right to say what we want and I back everything

up with a link from some real respectable people in their fields.

But yet you guys without and proof except what main stream media tells you,

you still bash me.

But I really believe this will be over in the next couple of weeks one way or another.

• Upvote 4

Where were you when Pres. Bush was in office, and every (so called) news organization was against him, every lib actor was mocking him, and effigies of him burned or mutilated?

I agree with you. Democrats and Liberals alike, they bash Pres. Bush; but when their own Pres. or Democrate for that matter - gets bashed, out comes a whole lot of excusse of all the negative comments towards Pres. Obama. Talk about one speck in ones eye and a log in another ones eye.

• Upvote 1

Can you really mutilate an effigy, though? I mean doesn't the word mutilate suggest that something was living prior to mutilation? You can't be super hungry and mutilate a steak or a cheese pizza.

[/quo

If you look at the word "Mutilate" in the literal, strict sense or in a literal manner you in fact are able to mutilate the living or non living. You in fact are able to mutilate a animate or inanimate object. You in fact are able to a mutilate steak or cheese pizza. That most probably being, simply, a picky eater. Example: The little boy mutilated the cheese pizza in a effort not to eat the crust.

Reference below:

World English Dictionary

mutilate (ˈmjuːtɪˌleɪt)

— vb

1. to deprive of a limb, essential part, etc; maim; dismember

2. to mar, expurgate, or damage (a text, book, etc)

[C16: from Latin mutilāre to cut off; related to mutilus maimed]

mu·ti·late   /ˈmyutlˌeɪt/ Show Spelled

[myoot-l-eyt] Show IPA

–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing.

1. to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts: Vandals mutilated the painting.

2. to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

RV ON!!!! Dinarhead out!

• Upvote 2

mu·ti·late   /ˈmyutlˌeɪt/ Show Spelled

[myoot-l-eyt] Show IPA

–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing.

1. to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts: Vandals mutilated the painting.

2. to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

Just fyi. Doesn't have to have been alive to be mutilated. You can mutilate a piece of paper, if you like.

Just say'n.

Exactly that was my point!

Hmmm.... For perspective:

There are two rooms, each filled with like-minded people... in the same House, each with their own exit. They both catch fire and will be incinerated within minutes. One group calmly gets together for an intellectual concensus of what to do, arguing irrelevant ego-centric technicalities about the greater good of the collective, getting confused as to what the correct course of action should be so that nobody is harmed. A potential hero panicks and emerges to take leadership and action... but they stop him, fearing it is the wrong decision, or worse... he will die... that is not fair to him, or them. He succombs to their viewpoint...

The other group recognizes the fire... gets alarmed at the immediate danger, and leaders emerge to take action to save all souls. Before they know it, one brave hero risks his life in the flames to secure an exit for the rest. They all recognize his potential sacrifice, and exit to safety. They return, better equipped, and save their hero... all becoming heroes themselves. They never hesitate... and with clear thinking turn their attention to the other room to save those souls too. All survive.

Which room would you most likely be in? Or, perhaps...

Which room would you rather be in?

• Upvote 3