Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI website. Is this some sign or not?

drummerboy

I know that the CBI had their auction today. the totals are posted. What is NOT posted is todays currency rate on the front page of their site. It still has 5/30/11 posted there.

I have been following this for a while and they always update the front page at the same time they update the auction information. Is it possible that they forgot? or maybe just waiting to post something different?

Not sure, so i put it up here for everyones debate.

• Upvote 1

I know that the CBI had their auction today. the totals are posted. What is NOT posted is todays currency rate on the front page of their site. It still has 5/30/11 posted there.

I have been following this for a while and they always update the front page at the same time they update the auction information. Is it possible that they forgot? or maybe just waiting to post something different?

CBI Web developer having a bad hair day!

so, It's june 1st, still hasn't been updated!

I've actually seen that before. Nothing new.

Everyone always says that...

Just because you've seen it before doesn't mean this time isn't different for some reason. Just when routine is going fine, something in the equation throws a curveball and the universe has to adapt. It's called change, evolution, microevolution. Think outside the box, not just dwelling on the past.

This could very well mean something significant, instead of just "nothing new" because you have seen it before. I love it, so confident to dismiss someone else's enthusiasm and curiosity based on a pessimistic reliance on the routine and the same. Just sayin'...

• Upvote 2

The CBI doesn't usually update their site until 10am or so their time, roughly 2 am central standard time. I have seen them forget to update the site one day, and then correct it the next day. Of course this only happens on days that we are all watching extremely closely anyway. If you look at the currency auction for the day, and look at the exchange info, the rate is still the same for 5/31 as it has been for the last forever.

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/CBI_FOREIGN_EXCHANGE_AUCTIONS.pdf

Oh how I do wish to wake up some morning soon and find this ride has finally come to an end. But that day is not today 5/31. In roughly 30 minutes, supposedly morning Mosque announcements begin. One thread today, mentioned that Shabibi was going to make the announcement tomorrow at the Mosque announcements. But that would mean a Wednesday RV, and EVERYONE KNOWS it can only happen on a Thursday or Monday B)

• Upvote 1

Okay, guys, just in...

My friend in Turkmenistan said he heard from his cousin in Kuwait who typically visits Iraq for his contract work that he saw on Iraqi TV that the reason the CBI website wasn't updated was because the lead security architect who doubles as the night programmer and server administrator got arrested over the weekend for sexually assaulting a New York City hotel maid. That makes so much sense! They should update the same typical rates tomorrow with a June 1st badge, so no worries. Phew!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Well, looks like I was partially right...

CURRENCY CODE SELL BUY

US dollar USD 1170.000 1168.000

Euro EUR 1683.045 1682.203

British pound GBP 1930.851 1929.886

Canadian dollar CAD 1207.680 1207.076

Swiss franc CHF 1371.951 1371.265

Swedish krona SEK 189.704 189.609

Norwegian krone NOK 216.916 216.807

Danish krone DKK 225.729 225.616

Japanese yen JPY 14.471 14.464

Special

Drawing Rights SDR 1872.901 1871.964

Indicative rates - 01.06.2011

http://cbi.iq/

Edited by TQueezy

Stop the pumpers. As of 1 June, 1500 Baghdad time, 0600 EST, CBI is still showing the old exchange rate. 0f 1170. They would be 1st to know.

Stop the pumpers. As of 1 June, 1500 Baghdad time, 0600 EST, CBI is still showing the old exchange rate. 0f 1170. They would be 1st to know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1