Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BondLady discusses WTO article 5/23/11

smitty4rv

Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Erbil, May 22 (AKnews) – Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Kheirullah Hasan told AKnews that the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while running and will resume in Morocco soon.

Iraq is currently an honorary member in the WTO, which has 152 permanent members. At present the members treat Iraq solely as a business partner. If the country is granted permanent membership, it can interact with members in the four main fields of health, agriculture, trade and economy.

The minister said that no specific timescale has been laid out for the conclusion of the talks.

The WTO only allows countries who have opened up their economies through free-market reforms to become full members. Iraq has started to implement these kinds of changes, following decades of moving towards more a more state-centric economic model.

By Fryad Mohammed

LH/PS

http://aknews.com/en/aknews/2/241563/

...... see i wanted to show this again even tho it came out yesterday...no 1 has said very much about it, imo this is a huge and telling piece....quote..Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Kheirullah Hasan told AKnews that the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while running and will resume in Morocco soon.

......see before we were seeing wto articles all the time then for weeks now..nothing....when it said this..the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while.......see we know that the wto told iraq to build up its private sector, they praised them for there tarrifs, which havent been implemented yet, maybe a small amount but nothing at all like it should be, the wto helps import things at a lot cheaper value than what iraq has been paying for these products the wto also advises and has many high ups that help and advise world economys especially emerging economys such as iraq...the tarrifs is a must for this as these taxes will tax the imports comming into iraq and will suport the government thru its economy. iraq needs a new rate on there currency before they can inforce these taxes, the people couldnt pay taxes right now at the rate of 1170 millons of people are barely surviving now, tax them with out a new rate and u would see 30 millon people melt down imo. so when we see the wto is and has been working behind closed doors to bring iraq into the organization as a full member we know the new rate is comming.. and when we see that iraq has been accepted 1 of the huge reasons will be because the tarriff taxes have been emplimented and to do this we know there had to be a rv..also to join the wto imo your currency needs to be a heck of a lot better than 1170 to 1 usd...so be on the look out for iraq to be brought in as a full member to the wto because this will also signal imo a rv happened or will happen close to the same time of the announcement...all imo ..drops the mic and walks off...BondLady

Edited by smitty4rv
  • Upvote 8

Thanks BonyLady :D

BTW - are you a D J :partyhat:

Go R V B)

i was a dj yes, for about 6 yrs i dj'd in a karaoke club and for parties moonlighted from my bail bonding buissness.i dont do it much any more just very special occasions now, my lifes way to busy now, but i did enjoy it and it was a lotta fun :) ........ty all for the kind comments..BondLady

• Upvote 1

Thanks smitty,thanks bondlady! :D

your always so nice hun and i thank you for that, i always watch for your name, and am sorry its takin me so long to personally thank you for all the nice comments you've always left me again thank you kindly...BondLady

thank you all very much..i hope you all have a great day....until the next time...take care all u future millonaires.........BondLady :)

Edited by BondLady
  • Upvote 4

OK, Bond Lady Thanks for the update... Progress is being made behind closed doors... this seems to be the case each and every week... Nothing wrong with this idea and thought pattern... just accomplish what needs to be done ASAP... The WTO, IMF, Iraq, all of us investors and the world are ready to see the cha-ching... Go RV!biggrin.gif

Most importantly, the Import Tarriffs must be high enough that Iraq can develop it's agriculture and manufacturing base, then be competitive in the pricing of domestic product.

With the WTO's "help" in aiding Iraq with a path to cheaper goods, Iraq is threatened with the same probability of failure that other emerging nations have faced at the hand of WTO and IMF.

An awareness of how to regulate the import tarriffs to encourage local produciton is very important.

If left to outside sources, all Iraq could merchandise for export is Oil and Sand.

Without a realistic Import Tarriff structure, no Domestic production development is encouraged.

• Upvote 1

Very encouraging...and great analysis Bondlady!!! Just wondering do you read these new articles in Arabic or the original language it's in? I'm sure that would be very helpful, but if not you rock even more!!! :twothumbs:

I doubt the exchange rate has anything to do with being a WTO member...just look at the value of the Japaneese Yen. However I think if they do decided to RV or RD it would just make sense for them to do it before full membership is complete.

Your right, it doesnt....its not a requirement (unfortunately for us) for them to RV their currency before becoming a full fledged member....although they have mentioned closing the gap between the USD and the dinar once admitted into the organization....but I wouldnt look for it to be immediate right before or at the time of entering.....seems like its on the agenda for sure though

• Upvote 1