Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Banknotes and Coins

Brisco

Under the Banknotes and Coins picture on the home page of the CBI they now have coins for 25 dinar and 50 dinar, but says they are not in circulation. I don't recall seeing these previously. Does anyone know when they are releasing these for distribution?

My link

Brisco, if you go to my page and look under "Topic," you will find that I posted the CBI site a while back to show the different types of currency Iraq has and what is in circulation. (Probably December or January...not sure.) On that topic posted, you can see the coins are there. They've been around since before I came onto the site. But it's nice that you're on the prowl anyway. Keep digging and thanks for the topic post.

:D

• Upvote 2

They were once released years ago but were deemed unpopular and worthless for using for everyday purchases so they retracted them soon after....currently they are no more then a collectors item....only time will tell if they release them again....

exactly when the dinar increases in value, then those denoms will have purpose.

i'm just worried about what way it will increase what path will they take to get there. :lol:

Seems to me that there was an article about coinage in Iraq some time ago. There was a major theft of coinage from a number of trucks taking the coinage to the central bank. With so much in coin stollen, it was deemed necessary to halt the use of coins, which were fast becoming obsolete in any case, but had been minted and were continued to be used intill that fateful theft.

I suspect when and if the need for coinage comes about again, it will be coins with new designs and most likely the old coins will be restamped or melted down and recast. But the old coins will most likely not be welcome or accepted except as a collectors' item.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1