Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

INTERESTING!

Stevevintennessee

Ok I hardly ever post anything that I can not find a link for so I thought that this was very interesting. Read the entire job posting, and lets hear your thoughts! Unless they are ugly, and if they are keep them to yourself. :)

I have yet to get one single - on this site, so i dont want to start now. I would not post anything that I don't truly find interesting!

Happy reading! :D

http://www.devex.com/en/jobs/wto-customs-training-advisor

Edited by Stevevintennessee
  • Upvote 8

Interesting... Agreed.

I'll be honest. I only read about 1/4 th of it since I just finished a 12 hour work day.

It could mean something exciting though.

I have a question for you though. People think I may be a Pumper. Since you seem to be a solid member here might you read my post about the Dallas Oil Man, Couple and 4 Saudi Arabian college students and enlighten me as to why people are so suspicious of me?

Do you think there is a good way for me to share my experiences and not come across negatively?

PEACE & BLESSINGS

I wouldn't take it personal. Its just the nature of the beast. Keep posting!!

Interesting... Agreed.

I'll be honest. I only read about 1/4 th of it since I just finished a 12 hour work day.

I have a question for you though. People think I may be a Pumper. Since you seem to be a solid member here might you read my post about the Dallas Oil Man, Couple and 4 Saudi Arabian college students and enlighten me as to why people are so suspicious of me?

Do you think there is a good way for me to share my experiences and not come across negatively?

PEACE & BLESSINGS

They did the same thing to Rudy. Pried into his personal business etc. They were quite vicious. GLAD I don't have people like that around me. Anyways they got him banned when he was making valuable contributions to this site. They did the same thing to Dr. J. Let it go Vishnu. The people here won't change.

• Upvote 5

Very interesting ... I admit that I too did not read every sylabble of all the items listed but read enough to understand what they are looking for. Now I am curious to know why. Aha! That is the interesting part.

Thank you for the post!

smee2

Thanks for the POST. The skeptism here is driven by those who post dates and times which have come and gone. Or people who say they know a person etc...

After enough of those you get worn out. BUT some people here are just jerks. Ignore them and let's try to keep the REAL and positive news flowing. THIS IS COMING TO PASS.

Have a great weekend and pray for those who are suffering in this crazy world.

Peace...

• Upvote 1

Interesting... Agreed.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

I assume you read through the entire thread about the "Dallas Oil Man..." You will see that I defended your post, doubted some of it, and then decided (publicly) that you were sincere. There are quite a number of frustrated people on the site and some tend to jump out and bash without considering that there is a larger world out there than the tiny sphere of influence they dwell in. I agree with the other's here. Just keep posting it like you know it. I actually enjoyed your post and appreciate the fact (as I said in that thread) that I was not there and the world is bigger than me. Again, welcome to DV. You'll be fine. :D

Ok I hardly ever post anything that I can not find a link for so I thought that this was very interesting. Read the entire job posting, and lets hear your thoughts! Unless they are ugly, and if they are keep them to yourself. :)

I have yet to get one single - on this site, so i dont want to start now. I would not post anything that I don't truly find interesting!

Happy reading! :D

http://www.devex.com/en/jobs/wto-customs-training-advisor

Great post SteveInTennessee. The entire post was like reading contracts (can you imagine doing that for a living? oooh... shudder to think), but the part that really grabs me is: "Position: WTO Customs Training Advisor Location: Baghdad, Iraq Duration: Short Term (120 Days) Start Date: March 15, 2011 General Summary Overall, the objective of the Tijara - PEG activity is to grow the Iraqi economy by promoting private sector development by increasing access to finance. The program is intended to promote economic diversification and job generation." Very interesting, indeed... Thanks. B)

• Upvote 1

Looks like AECOM has been there a while. http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2010/08/04/aecom-awarded-five-year-53m-usaid-contract-in-iraq/

Categorized | Banking & Finance

AECOM Awarded Five-Year, $53m USAID Contract in Iraq

Posted on 04 August 2010. Tags: AECOM, USAID

AECOM Technology Corporation (NYSE: ACM), a leading provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world, announced today that it was been awarded a five-year, US$53-million [63 billion Iraqi dinars] contract from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide economic-consulting services to Iraq through the Iraq Financial Sector Development Program.

The work is intended to improve the soundness of the Iraqi private financial sector through institution building and targeted economic reforms, and improving the quality and availability of finance and business education.

The contract builds on AECOM’s long-standing partnership with USAID in its efforts to rebuild Iraq’s economy.

About AECOM

AECOM (NYSE: ACM) is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 46,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $6.3 billion during the 12-month period ended March 31, 2010. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.

I read that article on DD a week ago, and the first time I read it I got really excited as well... but one thing concerns me:

It states that the position start date is March 15th, 2011 but the application end-date is March 20th, 2011. Sooo... you are supposed to have you resume in by the 20th but you are supposed to start on the 15th?

Something smells.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A very interesting post. Makes me wonder how the dinar could RV before AECOM personel could do their affective work. It could be, that without the RV, that they can't be only affective with the RV. Another question, their compensation is expressed in dollars and dinar. If the dinar revalues, I guess they are paid the equivalent in US dollars, otherwise, they possibly make 1000 times more money, more or less.

At any rate. I appreciate the post!

• Upvote 1

Interesting... Agreed.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

You need to just ignore about 70% of the peeps that post here. It does not matter what you post there will always be the ones that are negitive.

They did the same thing to Rudy. Pried into his personal business etc. They were quite vicious. GLAD I don't have people like that around me. Anyways they got him banned when he was making valuable contributions to this site. They did the same thing to Dr. J. Let it go Vishnu. The people here won't change.

Agreed. Sad, but true. DV is a fiesty bunch :)

Interesting... Agreed.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Vishnu, I was one of those that posted what you thought was a negative comment on that thread you started. Most of my posting is done in pure humor. What ticks people off is that your story sounds like everyone elses to some extent. Some people are just fed up with all the hype and want it to end. You posted your opinion and your personal rumor. Then some people posted their opinion and personal rumor. The circle starts and then the minuses come out. The people that put minuses on what they consider to be negative posts, arent they being negative by putting the minuses on someones opinion?? What I am trying to say, is that we all want the same thing, we all want this to RV. However, the beauty of this site, is that it brings a vast variety of people from different places, walks, cultures, etc., altogether in one spot. If we think we will all share the same beliefs, values, thoughts, opinions, etc., then we are just fooling ourselves. It is the mature and intelligent ones, that embrace and accept someones opinion without bashing them, however, just cause someone disagrees with you, doesnt neccessarily mean they are bashing you. Dont stop posting just cause someone disagrees with you, that is the reason we are here. To get different positions and takes on this investment. I for one think it helps me stay grounded so that I dont sell off all I have to go buy more Dinar. (Trust me, it takes every effort for me not to dump more money into this.)

I try very hard not to bash, if you thought I was bashing you, please accept my apology. However, I did disagree with you, and there is countless people who disagree with me. That does not make them bashers or wrong, they just have a different view then me. I personally think its funny to watch the posts and how they spider web off peoples emotions. Its almost feels like a social experiment, and there are people watching us, studying the way human nature reacts and responds to things they dont like or believe.

I hope this clears things up a bit, post whatever you want to post, dont be afraid or care what anyone says, thats the only way you can survive on this site.

In fact, I will give you some plusses just to show you its all in good fun!!

Oh and thanks for the post, Steveintennessee

Edited by 4given2

As the GOI negotiates its Goods Offer with WTO Members, it will have to demonstrate that its customs measures are WTO-compliant. Particular attention will focus on legislation, implementing regulations and in the case of Customs, the provision of technical training in WTO Valuation, Tariff Classification Rules of Origin, Risk Management and Cargo Inspection techniques that must be adopted and implemented as of the date of WTO Accession. Iraq’s Ministry of Finance, General Customs Commission is the key beneficiary in this technical training deliverable to prepare that organization to assume competency in the administration and enforcement of applied tariff rates and other duties and charges on goods crossing Iraq’s borders, and how customs operations will process those goods.

You'll notice that this is a trainer position. It says that the trainer will work to get the Iraqi's ready to be compliant with WTO requirements that must be met to trade with WTO countries. The position is 120 days, so it may take that long for Iraq to be ready to meet the WTO requirements shown above. I believe the upcoming meeting this week it to discuss preparedness, not to sign Iraq to the WTO. Iraq is getting ready, thanks to help from the US and others, but they aren't there yet.

I also saw this on DD last week. Not bashing, just my opinion on what it means to our RV. GO RV!

Interesting... Agreed.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Truly don't pay attention to them. They're useless individuals that come here because they can't stand their home life, and try to tear others down with them. I've personally made at least two of those people look stupid on other posts. Its not difficult because their negativity reveals their stupidity. Next time they do that bury them!! I read your post, and they probably have never been to Vail. They don't realize that the town is flooded with all of the top money makers in our country year round. Just in the few times I've been there with a friend of mine who lives in Denver we've had many drunk evenings with billionaires. This was all before I was invested in the dinar otherwise I would have had an entirely different conversation. Keep posting, and keep being positive! +1

Interesting... Agreed.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Hey man! I read your post.

Don't sweat it!

Quite honestly people around here tend to get a little emotional because of this investment.

The patience it takes to just hang out knowing that there are HUGE returns most likely coming is tough to have. Especially when so many people before you have given info that turned out to be wrong. Quite honestly the reason I don't post more is because unless you have proof, a link or something tangible people tend to scream foul! Don't take it personally! People are just emotional over their investment. I mean we are talking about peoples future. Their children, college, retirement, financial security etc. I can see how people would get emotional, but I try not to get that way. Just keep posting but be wary of what you post. If you can't back it up with facts, you might think twice about posting if you don't want to have negative comments.

But keep that head up and keep posting! A few negatives is no reason to withdraw from the community! :D

• Upvote 1