Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rate predictions?

Tricia01

SonofAtomic... AWESOME PERFECT SENTIMENT! I for one am tired of BS here and being down right rude. In fact I even read one person who was so prejudice it fumed me up!

But in the end this is a group of people who are all trying to bleed out some facts to stay positive in our investment, NO? So YES lets all be mature and nice.

It is my strong view (and prayer or hope) that IRAQ will RV in the 3.20 - 3.50 range due to their GNP and in relation to other ME countries. They will want to be a player in the world market, right? Also, 3.22 RI would be low based on the old rate (7 years plus ago) which was set by the NUT CASE but was actually a fair rate when he was in power. So, even though I want it high I really believe it is in their own best interest to stay at a reasonible rate. ALSO, and you can all mark my words on this... I strongly believe that once it RV's it will send out a wave of people who will line up to buy IQD... It will go up up up in the first 2 weeks or so, and slowly come back down to a realistic rate...

THAT IS IMHO

and I am not an expert...

But I am confident in my opinion (wink)

PEACE... <_<

Rudeness is not appropriate but then I think some people must wonder how many times can a question be asked when it is probably posted already elsewhere on this site.

Not every new person has all the old posts. CHILLAXE... This site is not for YOU or ME but all of us. People who ask questions are not the issue on this site as much as BAD INTEL and BS! That is the stuff that is uncalled for, right?

Hey we all need to learn to walk before we run... Be gentle with those who are not as informed... Lend a hand up brother.

Peace and the time is coming with each day closer... :)

• Upvote 4

hey i have an idea!!!!!!... how about when the rv happens we set it as our we rich anneversary date and meet up to celebrate, what about that because its close.........

me myself am leaving US and going to south america

COOL FOR YOU MY FRIEND , BUT MY COUNTRY NEEDS ME , I'LL GO VISIT YOU POST RV !! B)

3.71 USD

I firmly believe that the number above is within reasonable expectations. I really think we are looking at a rate between $3.00 US and $3.75 US, my thought process in all this is IRAQ needs it on a global scale, The US needs it for the current budget crisis and many other nations as well have allot on the line in this too. Be positive and hope for the best here, We will be very pleased with the RV when it happens I'm sure of that. JMO. Peace.

Realistically, Iraq will want to come out as a "force to be re-conned with". I wonder if they put as much energy and diligence into setting the RV as "we" have guessing the what, and when it will be. I will be disappointed if the RV is low, but then, whatever it is, I have already made a return on my investment. They are in the drivers seat. Keep high RV thoughts and who knows...we might just get what we ask for. GO RV!!!! :woot:

Anything more than a penny will be awesome.....the 3 dollar pipe dreams are just that a dream.

Sorry you think so narrow minded, you evidently do not understand simple economics or the regions power in currency. Step back, re-think this and do some reading on the ME and their economic power in this world. Peace.

.58 cents

Good guess..I agree and it will not even get close to 1usd.

Any further devaluation of usd will be the end of it as world currency.

Creating a large disparity, like some think and want, would destroy

usd on the world market I. E. printing trillions more. Think about that.

I also say "lop", why have all those useless zeros if it increases in value.

That would bring a payout to a much lower and sensible level.

IMO not in 2011 either, too many disruptions and changes in the region.

2012...doubtful

Sorry you think so narrow minded, you evidently do not understand simple economics or the regions power in currency. Step back, re-think this and do some reading on the ME and their economic power in this world. Peace.

Usually I agree with you on things but not on this one....they simply cannot justify such a high rate with so much currency in circulation....if it wasent for that I would say the sky is the limit but until they reduce the money supply its just not possible....which is why I don't even think they could get above 50 cents until they start getting the bigger bills in to be taken off the market

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its gonna be what it is. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm more a reader than a writer. I think less said is more, and for some of us, that don't understand why people have become so mean in there answers. Some are just simple questions that never get answered. I just hope if its .10 to .25 I can help someone lest fortunate than my self. Would like to share the love for another human being than to look down on them.

Money is a good thing to have, but giving is richer than all the money in the world.Any way best to all,and hope that all share there wealth, with out expecting anything in return.Have a good day.

Sorry if You got offended about the pipe dream crack dude but its simple economics I think you need some reading to do.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I am sure when George Bush said the dinar would eventually pay for the war that he was thinking they would RV at a penny. The United States is heavily invested in this happening and it would do us no good if it is not at least at a reasonable rate. Reasonable being over 2 in my opinion, although I do think it will be at 3.22 or better just to be close to Kuwait.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just wish it would change from 1170...................I am so sick of seeing that #

And with all the pumpers out there I would think almost everyone has bought some IQD buy now.

Stop buying already!

And forget about 3 dollars that will never happen....................10 cents and I will be doing the happy dance.

• Upvote 1

Right now I'm backing Rudy C's prediction, which he bases on a combination of the known resources AND the currency market (too low results in foreigners buying the country, and too high stifles foreign investment) - so a rate between $1.75 and $2.12. At least he uses logic I understand. The top end of what the dinar would truly be worth based on oil and gas, etc., is over $3, but that would make it too hard for foreign investors to make what for them is a reasonable return in a reasonable time.

It just so happens that this also falls within the prime range suggested by Doc31 (?) in one his recent CBI auction posts, analyzing the quantity of dinar the US Treasury may be holding, as well as investors like us. He figures the US will pressure an RV high enough to make back what has been spent on the war and occupation (sorry, stabilizing/rebuilding).

A confluence from two completely different streams of thought which I find intriguing at the very least.

One other note from Rudy - he clearly expects the RV to happen before the Middle East Summit - but no set time before. His thinking is sound - not a "to do" checklist of actions that will trigger the RV, but rather the simple point: why bring all those dignitaries and officials to Iraq for the summit if there is no tradeable currency in place so they can invest?? This may be much more key than WTO membership. So it is too bad the summit has been postponed, but infrastructure needs work before then, and other stuff that needs to be in place isn't ready yet (kinda a checklist of what is needed, but not the same thing as a trigger).

That's all I got. I may have a completely different opinion next week, but only if I see a very compelling, logical argument.

Peace and Prosperity

I say they don't dare come in too low. For the same reason it will be hard on the US if the dollar drops hard (easier on the Treasury - pay off debts in dollars that aren't worth as much, since debt is in dollars). For the most part, Iraq is paying off its debt to Kuwait in oil, so not dinar dependent. If Iraq's other debts ( assuming there are any), if in dinar, should be paid off before RV for the same reason. If not in dinar or oil, then easier to pay off after RV, right?

Too low and a sh*tload could be sold before the market equalizes - more instant wealth at Iraq's expense. They would have sold really low, then forced to buy back at a much higher rate. Right?

So, I think anything under $1 isn't likely, and still stand by my earlier post.

Peace and Prosperity

Yeah I am sure when George Bush said the dinar would eventually pay for the war that he was thinking they would RV at a penny. The United States is heavily invested in this happening and it would do us no good if it is not at least at a reasonable rate. Reasonable being over 2 in my opinion, although I do think it will be at 3.22 or better just to be close to Kuwait.

Bush never said that. I have heard that quote so many times and I have yet to see any evidence that he said it. Prove me wrong, please. I have searched for half a year to find a direct quote and all I can find is Wolfowitz or Rumsfeld saying that Iraq's oil revenues could help to pay for the reconstruction which is a long way from "the war will pay for itself" or "the dinar will pay for the war".

I have been all over the map on guessing what the new value will be. At first I couldn't see it being more than a few cents. Like keepmwlknfny I thought there was too much dinar in circulation to RV as high as many were predicting. Then I read all of the posts about fractional reserve banking and the novel solution of monetizing Iraq's oil and decided that maybe they could RV as high as $2 or more. The bottom line is nobody knows how this will play out. We don't know the current amount of dinar in circulation. We don't know exactly how they plan to structure the RV. We don't know if they will have a free float or a managed float. All we know is that there's a good chance they will RV to a much higher value than $.00086 in the near future. My guess is $1.40, even though in my one RV dream it was only $.30. The longer this takes the more I'm willing to settle for a lower RV. I think most people feel that way.

• Upvote 2

He didn't say the "dinar" would pay for the war....he said the war would pay for itself.....and none of us have a clue what he means by that, he said alot of dumb things durring his two terms.

• Downvote 2

"even though in my one RV dream it was only $.30"

Mr Rich, I never dream but the other night I was concerned over a large amt. of money going over in my head after I went to sleep all the Numbers stared linging up and calculating and ended at .30 cents. Next day I posted the .30 cents IQD We may have something...wish it was more but I would be glad to have it.

Puff

Edited by puff26