Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Awesome post Keep. I'm completely with you and I've agreed with you all along that the RV is going to happen in 2011. This is something that we have to be extremely patient with because if you don't then we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment. I think alot of the steps have been accomplished to get where we want to be but like you said it might not happen until the US troops are out. My biggest concern is the amount of currency in circulation. Can they afford an RV much over a penny if 27 trillion is still in circulation? That's the biggest thing in my mind holding everything back. But then again aren't there other countries that have even more in circulation and their currency is still much higher valued? I'm sure hopin we're getting to the end of the road and anytime in 2011 would be great! I really appreciate your perspective and I'd rather read the facts than a bunch of baloney rumors that it's gonna RV on monday at $5.72 or something like that. Keep up the good research bro and hopefully this thing will pop soon.

As you all know by now I guess im considered the "devils advocate" of this site :lol: But if thats what it is trying to look at this investment from down here on the ground then so be it!! I personally dont think that we will be seeing the RV in the months ahead of us.....although seeing the unrest in the surrounding countries in the middle east COULD speed things up a little bit.....Im sure you have all seen the articles that came out late last year and possibly early this year about the new budget. Shabs almost in exact words said that the budget for the 2011 year has been filled with policies/reforms/plans to see the dinar rise in value....cant get much clearer then that and there is no one I would like to hear that from more then shabs himself since he does control the exchange rate.....now most of these "gurus" spin this kind of information into meaning that as soon as the budget is done that it will RV.....that is not quite true.....you can bet thats not the first agenda on the table.....believe it or not there are basic needs that must be tended to first like plans to get more areas running water or electricity or heck even waste management!!! Yes of course giving the people more purchasing power is VERY important but like I said, dont expect it to be said and done immediately after the budget is ratified.....they need some time to put everything into action....to get the ball rolling economically speaking so they can strongly support any moves made with the exchange rate and purchasing power.....they also need things to settle down a bit.....get a strong hold on the people and whats going on security wise throughout the country....stability plays a HUGE role in a countries currencies worth believe it or not.....it can be done....I have faith it WILL be done but this is not an easy process....besides that we have the DFI fund that is up in June.....now I dont know EVERYTHING there is to know about it but Im pretty sure this will release a ton of funds back into the govts hands which def couldnt hurt.....something to build up reserves not only with dinar, but international reserves as well which would be VERY important for outside/foreign investors who will most likely be getting paid not in dinar but in their respective countries currency.....Im not going to make a huge deal about it because really they dont need to be worried about having trillions sitting aside for us and the people of Iraq.....they arent even worried about us.....we are just a grain of sand in a huge sandbox....90% (probly higher) of the dinar is in country anyway so getting the bigger bills back should be no problem at all....just a matter of getting the citizens of Iraq to exchange for smaller bills or simply to put their money in electronic accounts in the banks.....no need to sweat it out thinking about what they are thinking about us or how they can try and screw us out of anything cause it really wont matter to them.....another big thing happening later on this year is the US pulling out the rest or the majority of all remaining troops and leaving the security in the hands of the Iraqis......In my mind that is something quite important as far as the timing or ability for Iraq to unlock the dinars exchange rate and let it appreciate....I think that is another hurdle needing to be cleared....having the US troops finally out will show to the world how stable Iraq really is, and that they can operate independantly and run/govern themselves like big boys should do.....It could play a big role in things seeing as how Kuwait didnt reinstate their currency until they were completely unoccupied....just something to think about.....not sure exactly what kind of laws or regulations (if any) are in place regarding an occupied country being able to raise the value of their currency.....I thought I remembered reading something about how they cant justify something like that being occupied by another country but I could be wrong.....these are just some of the reasons why I think that the prime time for this to kick off would be from between mid summer and end of year.....I just cant see anything happening in the next couple of months....I know you all dont like hearing that kind of stuff but hey I dont want it to be like that either!! :lol: I want this just as bad as all of you!! We are all seeing tough times with our economy in the shape its in but we gotta keep our heads up and on straight cause like everything else we have gone through as a country we can and will get through it and succeed as always!!! Thoughts? Observations? What are you all thinking seeing as how SLOW these knuckleheads are at accomplishing anything?? :lol: Im pretty confident that the value should start to go up this year.....I really dont see any reason why it couldnt and why it wont.....but as the saying goes..... "this is Iraq" :lol:

Any chance you could be the "Devil's Advocate who uses proper paragraphs to make it easier on your readers"? :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Awesome post Keep. I'm completely with you and I've agreed with you all along that the RV is going to happen in 2011. This is something that we have to be extremely patient with because if you don't then we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment. I think alot of the steps have been accomplished to get where we want to be but like you said it might not happen until the US troops are out. My biggest concern is the amount of currency in circulation. Can they afford an RV much over a penny if 27 trillion is still in circulation? That's the biggest thing in my mind holding everything back. But then again aren't there other countries that have even more in circulation and their currency is still much higher valued? I'm sure hopin we're getting to the end of the road and anytime in 2011 would be great! I really appreciate your perspective and I'd rather read the facts than a bunch of baloney rumors that it's gonna RV on monday at $5.72 or something like that. Keep up the good research bro and hopefully this thing will pop soon.

Yea you and me are on the same wave....that number in circulation is the only thing I cant wrap my head around......I will have to look further but from what Ive seen most countries that have a currency of more value have a fraction of that in circulation which does scare me....and which is the only thing that makes me think a LOP is possible.....we should both look further into that....

Any chance you could be the "Devil's Advocate who uses proper paragraphs to make it easier on your readers"? :)

:lol::lol: Never said I was an english major hahaha matter of fact I hated that class and thats why I work on cars.....dont have to worry about that kind of stuff.....but next time just for you I will try to break it down hahaha sorry for the strain....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, Keep. I have been reading the board and different posts for a little while. I am fairly new. This is my FIRST posting and reply. I just wanted to say, that it is because of people like you that got me to register. You make a lot of sense, seem pretty knowledgable and grounded, not full of fire and "let's get that $5.00 RV TOMORROW". thanks for being a voice of reason. ...

• Upvote 1

Hey Keep, interesting perspective and I get the logic of where you are coming from in analysis. There's one disconnect for me that maybe you can resolve....

The infrastructure of Iraq is abysmal and suffering in almost every sector. Their economy primarily based upon oil (among other resources)lies there as they can’t fully pump without repaired infrastructure etc etc… China and Russia have a pile of oil contracts with them.… and the US has relatively very few (in comparison). When you look at the shipping manifests, you see countries from all over the world… Food is a major issue and must be imported, and at least half the working force works for the Iraqi government as it is. And on and on and on…. How can this country grow its economy, or benefit from the international contracts which in turn will build the infrastructures in tandem with the government, if they don’t have an internationally recognized currency. In many ways, keeping their currency local will seemingly engender more of the same…. They’ve had benefit of IMF loans over the years and have worked toward building this foundation, however, they won’t be able to trade competitively for the materials needed to take it to the next level, nor will they be able to benefit from international corporate investment if they don’t have a currency upon which to base trade….

The country does not have all the raw materials, labor, money, or expertise to build the infrastructure that will take them from this level of existence to the next. The corporate US is a very small player in the infrastructure development compared to other countries, who are now sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to pull the currency trigger. They can’t grow much less sustain an economy or wealth on merely speculation that when they are able to enter the world trade market,…. they will be able to produce. Without an international exchange capability, they will remain in their present economic state, as which point one would have to ask, what are the benefits of waiting if that decision is based upon economics….

Of course having said that, I have no idea when the dinar will RV… only that I believe it will…. And for all I know it could be at the end of this year or months away as you say…. No disagreement there for sure and I have nothing that clearly states otherwise…… My question is more one of why would they choose to wait or delay the one factor that will allow them to build or grow their economy, in favor of waiting around in poverty?

Thanks for the insight and as always your willingness to stay grounded :D:D

• Upvote 1

I normally just sit here and read everyones post but I had to chime in on this one. I first want to say that none of us no matter who we are or who our Intel comes from will know when or how much the rate will come out at. Can we make a educated guess from the information? Yes we can! I want to talk about the LOP! People if this happens you will be given time to cash in your dinar at least for a little while whether it is a week or 90 days. Iraq would really make themselves look bad to other countries if they pulled a move like this. Iraq needs a currency with somewhat of a value in order to pay all the contractors that are waiting to help rebuild their country.

I cannot back this information up so lets just say its my opinion. Iraq needs help in so many ways, there is no way they would lop without giving all minor and major investors time to cash in. Also its not like they are walking out with millions of dollars in cash. Most of these transactions are going from one bank to another. I do agree they are going to want to get the bigger currency off of the streets asap but I honestly believe they will give time to do it. Now if you wait after the allotted time then your out of luck. They will not come out with it being over $2.00 or under a $1.00. I believe it will come out in the range of $1.00-$1.75. As far as the time period I can not see them waiting until June, I (my opinion) is that as soon as the budget is read the final time and the government is completely seated it will not be much longer after these two events happen and we will see a RV. I honestly believe from what I have read and listened to from the bh conference calls that the RV will be no later than the third week of March. If Iraq drags there feet then we wait longer but if they continue to move forward I believe everyone is going to be happy. Guys its going to happen, just relax and stop reading to much into everything. In my opinion there are way to many chiefs on here and not enough Indians.

• Downvote 2

Hey Keep, interesting perspective and I get the logic of where you are coming from in analysis. There's one disconnect for me that maybe you can resolve....

The infrastructure of Iraq is abysmal and suffering in almost every sector. Their economy primarily based upon oil (among other resources)lies there as they can’t fully pump without repaired infrastructure etc etc… China and Russia have a pile of oil contracts with them.… and the US has relatively very few (in comparison). When you look at the shipping manifests, you see countries from all over the world… Food is a major issue and must be imported, and at least half the working force works for the Iraqi government as it is. And on and on and on…. How can this country grow its economy, or benefit from the international contracts which in turn will build the infrastructures in tandem with the government, if they don’t have an internationally recognized currency. In many ways, keeping their currency local will seemingly engender more of the same…. They’ve had benefit of IMF loans over the years and have worked toward building this foundation, however, they won’t be able to trade competitively for the materials needed to take it to the next level, nor will they be able to benefit from international corporate investment if they don’t have a currency upon which to base trade….

The country does not have all the raw materials, labor, money, or expertise to build the infrastructure that will take them from this level of existence to the next. The corporate US is a very small player in the infrastructure development compared to other countries, who are now sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to pull the currency trigger. They can’t grow much less sustain an economy or wealth on merely speculation that when they are able to enter the world trade market,…. they will be able to produce. Without an international exchange capability, they will remain in their present economic state, as which point one would have to ask, what are the benefits of waiting if that decision is based upon economics….

Of course having said that, I have no idea when the dinar will RV… only that I believe it will…. And for all I know it could be at the end of this year or months away as you say…. No disagreement there for sure and I have nothing that clearly states otherwise…… My question is more one of why would they choose to wait or delay the one factor that will allow them to build or grow their economy, in favor of waiting around in poverty?

Thanks for the insight and as always your willingness to stay grounded :D:D

You do bring up some very good points and I see the majority of all those issues solved with stability......yes a tradeable currency will def help....getting into the WTO will help too.....they have been trying to build up the agriculture exports so that not everything is based off oil which is VERY smart......like I said most of the issues with international investments and getting into the country to set up getting their own raw materials and other avenues like food, communication, clothing all of those types of merchants will come flooding in if they see that Iraq can sustain itself and control the country....keep the violence down, not have to worry about getting all their buildings bombed and actually be able to sustain making a profit for years to come....I know at this point if I had business to expand to up and coming countries I would not feel safe investing millions into Iraq right now.....and simply because its still so unstable and the future is very uncertain at this point....and you can bet with all the uprising in the middle east and possibly now in Iraq that it will only delay this process

• Upvote 2

Speaking of being a devils' advocate, let me place my .02 in the pot.

I want to talk about the South Korean Won and how it is coincidental to the IQD. South Korea is a powerhouse of manufacturing. Everything from supertankers, to heavy earth moving equipment, to auto's and electronics are made there.

Now I want to talk about the exchange rate of the South Korean Won to the USD. Currently, from XE the exchange rate is:

1.00 KRW = 0.000887784 USD

It has been this way for a long, long time.

So, as a devils' advocate, IF a powerhouse of communications, infrastructure,and mobility manufacturing can live and survive nicely on an exchange rate which is very, very close to the IQD. Then why-oh-why would Iraq "need" to RV/RI?

BTW there are many more countries operating with exchange rates like the one given in example here...........................makes you go "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM".

and you can bet with all the uprising in the middle east and possibly now in Iraq that it will only delay this process

I see it opposite. all this uprising is the necessary fire being lit under the butt of the GOI to make things happen. No Pressure = No Rush

As the protests start up, all of a sudden and very very quickly you will see the missing ministers named. You will see the budget ratified. You will see the RV switch flipped. You will see power being restored. You will see sanitation conditions improved etc.

JMO

• Upvote 1

I normally just sit here and read everyones post but I had to chime in on this one. I first want to say that none of us no matter who we are or who our Intel comes from will know when or how much the rate will come out at. Can we make a educated guess from the information? Yes we can! I want to talk about the LOP! People if this happens you will be given time to cash in your dinar at least for a little while whether it is a week or 90 days. Iraq would really make themselves look bad to other countries if they pulled a move like this. Iraq needs a currency with somewhat of a value in order to pay all the contractors that are waiting to help rebuild their country.

I cannot back this information up so lets just say its my opinion. Iraq needs help in so many ways, there is no way they would lop without giving all minor and major investors time to cash in. Also its not like they are walking out with millions of dollars in cash. Most of these transactions are going from one bank to another. I do agree they are going to want to get the bigger currency off of the streets asap but I honestly believe they will give time to do it. Now if you wait after the allotted time then your out of luck. They will not come out with it being over $2.00 or under a $1.00. I believe it will come out in the range of $1.00-$1.75. As far as the time period I can not see them waiting until June, I (my opinion) is that as soon as the budget is read the final time and the government is completely seated it will not be much longer after these two events happen and we will see a RV. I honestly believe from what I have read and listened to from the bh conference calls that the RV will be no later than the third week of March. If Iraq drags there feet then we wait longer but if they continue to move forward I believe everyone is going to be happy. Guys its going to happen, just relax and stop reading to much into everything. In my opinion there are way to many chiefs on here and not enough Indians.

I think its the conference calls that need to take a more realistic approach to this investment instead of spinning most everything into meaning this RV has to happen by a certain date because it doesnt......the problem with those CC's is that is spreads too many false facts around that get people all hyped up over nothing except to hear the next one for the next "great news" which never pans out to be correct......just like you were saying about the contracts well they dont pay contractors in dinar....its been either in USD or that countries currency....they dont get paid in dinar because there is no need/or use for it outside the country and the fact that its not internationally recognized or accepted.....so thats a mute point....STABILITY will get the outside/foreign investors flooding in.....what is it that you mean about there are too many chiefs and not enough indians?? please explain that....

Speaking of being a devils' advocate, let me place my .02 in the pot.

I want to talk about the South Korean Won and how it is coincidental to the IQD. South Korea is a powerhouse of manufacturing. Everything from supertankers, to heavy earth moving equipment, to auto's and electronics are made there.

Now I want to talk about the exchange rate of the South Korean Won to the USD. Currently, from XE the exchange rate is:

1.00 KRW = 0.000887784 USD

It has been this way for a long, long time.

So, as a devils' advocate, IF a powerhouse of communications, infrastructure,and mobility manufacturing can live and survive nicely on an exchange rate which is very, very close to the IQD. Then why-oh-why would Iraq "need" to RV/RI?

BTW there are many more countries operating with exchange rates like the one given in example here...........................makes you go "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM".

And thats a GREAT point that most dont or cant realize because they are too busy reading garbage all day long....Iraq doesnt HAVE TO do anything.....they just mainly need a tradeable currency.....and again South Korea has a level of stability that Iraq doesnt.....

I see it opposite. all this uprising is the necessary fire being lit under the butt of the GOI to make things happen. No Pressure = No Rush

As the protests start up, all of a sudden and very very quickly you will see the missing ministers named. You will see the budget ratified. You will see the RV switch flipped. You will see power being restored. You will see sanitation conditions improved etc.

JMO

Yea thats another way it could go....there are two sides on this hill and it could go either way.....seems from the latest article I saw they want a whole new govt or a new leader like what they did in egypt.....although it would be hard to see this force an RV but I could see it having an effect....but in a negative way....with unrest in the people the security situation worsens.....and just giving them more purchasing power isent a fix all....it would help get some things going possibly, but they need more work then just that....

• Upvote 1

I think its the conference calls that need to take a more realistic approach to this investment instead of spinning most everything into meaning this RV has to happen by a certain date because it doesnt......the problem with those CC's is that is spreads too many false facts around that get people all hyped up over nothing except to hear the next one for the next "great news" which never pans out to be correct......just like you were saying about the contracts well they dont pay contractors in dinar....its been either in USD or that countries currency....they dont get paid in dinar because there is no need/or use for it outside the country and the fact that its not internationally recognized or accepted.....so thats a mute point....STABILITY will get the outside/foreign investors flooding in.....what is it that you mean about there are too many chiefs and not enough indians?? please explain that....

Well you are very much entitled to your opinion. I personally research the people I listen to . I don't listen to someone that has no background in this field. As far as paying contractor in Dinars I believe you are wrong. They will be paid with it but it will be converted to USD. Regardless it has to have a value in order to pay any one. I know I wouldn't do any work to be paid with a currency that is only worth approx a tenth of a penny. As far as dates , I have only heard a couple speculative dates given under the understanding that certain things would fall in place, such as the GOI and the Budget being agreed upon and read the third time. I do not clame to know more than anyone on here and we are all entitled to our own opinion but remember were all invested for the same reason regardless who is right or wrong.

And thats a GREAT point that most dont or cant realize because they are too busy reading garbage all day long....Iraq doesnt HAVE TO do anything.....they just mainly need a tradeable currency.....and again South Korea has a level of stability that Iraq doesnt.....

Yea thats another way it could go....there are two sides on this hill and it could go either way.....seems from the latest article I saw they want a whole new govt or a new leader like what they did in egypt.....although it would be hard to see this force an RV but I could see it having an effect....but in a negative way....with unrest in the people the security situation worsens.....and just giving them more purchasing power isent a fix all....it would help get some things going possibly, but they need more work then just that....

The question was what did I mean that there is too many chiefs and not enough Indians? Well the way i look at it is everyone on here that makes a post seems to think they are a expert in the Dinar area. I'm not saying that the post do not have correct information but in my opinion you should have some kind of background before you feel that your educated enough to make a opinion. I am not saying I am either and that is why I generally read the post and hardly ever comment to them. Look guys there are a few on here and you know who you are that can back up what they say. In my opinion they are the chiefs and everyone Else trying to act like they know what is going on is just a Indian trying to be a chief. I have always been a leader but when it comes to this investment I am just a Indian trying to learn and nothing more.

The question was what did I mean that there is too many chiefs and not enough Indians? Well the way i look at it is everyone on here that makes a post seems to think they are a expert in the Dinar area. I'm not saying that the post do not have correct information but in my opinion you should have some kind of background before you feel that your educated enough to make a opinion. I am not saying I am either and that is why I generally read the post and hardly ever comment to them. Look guys there are a few on here and you know who you are that can back up what they say. In my opinion they are the chiefs and everyone Else trying to act like they know what is going on is just a Indian trying to be a chief. I have always been a leader but when it comes to this investment I am just a Indian trying to learn and nothing more.

Wow.....ummmm so your saying that I should have a background in economics or finance before I make a comment or opinion?? Its not hard to read and do your homework on the situation regardless of what your background is.....and actually understand things going on.....you can teach yourself everything you need to know about this by doing real research and not by just listening to BS conference calls all day and reading rumors and chats......we are all here to learn but some take the time to learn more then others instead of being spoon fed what just sounds good.....hell I fix cars for a living....so does that mean I shouldnt comment or have an opinion on what is happening over there or be able to understand parts of this investment?

News

LocalU.S.WorldCommunityCrime- SpotCrimeEntertainmentKansas News FeedsMilitary- To Baghdad & BackMoneyPoliticsScience & TechRecallsWeather

Weather HomeClosings &

Cancellations8-Day ForecastCurrent RadarInteractive RadarPollen CountWeather PicturesBraggin’ WallDesktop AlertJune 11 Look BackStormCallHooked on

ScienceRunning ForecastSports

Sports HomeKS Prep ZoneScoresTrail TalkFeatures

Artist SpotlightBreast Cancer

AwarenessDeal Garden GreenHealthObituariesKansas CashKansas VoicesRecipesRingtonesRoad PatrolTax GuideText AlertsTopeka Kids Rock!Topeka NewsletterWednesday's ChildWIBW ArchivesBlogs

BlogsLive BlogsMake Us Your HomepageGet WIBW Browser ThemeWatch

13 News13 News @ 4CBS News Live VideoCBS Reality TVContest CamLive WebcamsMyTVNewroom CamTV ListingsHot Spot

ClosingsUltimate Birthday ClubMarketplace

Job SearchJobs at WIBWMoney PackShopping PlazaHealthConnectMy Rewards

Free Lunch FridaysText ContestsCapture Kansas

Community EventsFishingSportsUnbelievable PicsWeatherMoms EverydayIraq. Did you know?WIBW Blog Listing

Iraq. Did you knowTopic Author: Stephanie Ramos

Posted: 10:31 AM Feb 13, 2008

Replies Posted: 8 comments

Save Email Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IRAQ - Did You Know there are many things we don't normally hear about when it comes to Iraq. Below are some facts regarding the situation in Iraq.

They are allowing the soldiers to mention/discuss Christ "off-post" which is really unheard of in a Muslim country, much-less Iraq of all places!

Did you know that 47 countries have re-established their embassies in Iraq? Did you know that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 new schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq ?

Did you know that Iraq 's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They have 5 -100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment. Did you know that Iraq 's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers? Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers every 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq ? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations? Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

---- Above facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense web site.. ~Stephanie

Agreed. It can go either way on the hill. I also believe security is paramount, for the people and outside investors. I do not think however that the US/UN will allow Iraq's protests to get out of hand. Western powers have too much invested (money, military, lives, promises, etc) to let Iraq spiral out of control. I believe they will allow a peaceful demonstration for the folks to express their will. That too will be a good example to other people in the region aspiring for democracy. And to see democracy at work will serve as an inspiration to them.

Truthfully the GOI dropped the ball. The condition the Iraqis are complaining of is legitimate. They arent being spiled brats...they want their lights to work; they want their toilets to flush; they want the basics of life. Let us not forget they want their DIGNITY back. Iraqis are proud people and do not want to be thought of as refugees. IMO they do not want 'ration cards' and hand outs. They want a job and to go to work and provide for themselves which is noble.

Fact is their grievances should be a non-issue. The GOI never ever should have allowed the situation to decay as it did. IMO Allawi would have never allowed these basics to be neglected as Maliki did. Maybe Maliki needs to go. However I do believe a revaluation of the IQD would be beneficial. Once they have a stable currency of decent worth it will encourage business growth and they economy will grow. How are business expected to open and grow and hire people with a worthless currency?

I also feel the GOI is pretty much out of time with this and Egypt served as the catalyst. If the GOI doesnt get all the afore mentioned problems rectified this week I believe a vote of no confidence is imminent and Maliki & Mubarak will become roommates.

Great post. Good insight on the subject. I believe our president said in the state of the union address that we would start bringing the troops home in July. If that happens it will be a very interesting time for Iraq. Will the Taliban attempt to set up shop in Iraq again? This assumes that they are still not hiding out in the country already.

If Iraq succeeds at controlling their country, they will need a stable economy.....so that would be good timing for an RV?

Just my thoughts on the matter....pure speculation,

As you all know by now I guess im considered the "devils advocate" of this site :lol: But if thats what it is trying to look at this investment from down here on the ground then so be it!! I personally dont think that we will be seeing the RV in the months ahead of us.....although seeing the unrest in the surrounding countries in the middle east COULD speed things up a little bit.....Im sure you have all seen the articles that came out late last year and possibly early this year about the new budget. Shabs almost in exact words said that the budget for the 2011 year has been filled with policies/reforms/plans to see the dinar rise in value....cant get much clearer then that and there is no one I would like to hear that from more then shabs himself since he does control the exchange rate.....now most of these "gurus" spin this kind of information into meaning that as soon as the budget is done that it will RV.....that is not quite true.....you can bet thats not the first agenda on the table.....believe it or not there are basic needs that must be tended to first like plans to get more areas running water or electricity or heck even waste management!!! Yes of course giving the people more purchasing power is VERY important but like I said, dont expect it to be said and done immediately after the budget is ratified.....they need some time to put everything into action....to get the ball rolling economically speaking so they can strongly support any moves made with the exchange rate and purchasing power.....they also need things to settle down a bit.....get a strong hold on the people and whats going on security wise throughout the country....stability plays a HUGE role in a countries currencies worth believe it or not.....it can be done....I have faith it WILL be done but this is not an easy process....besides that we have the DFI fund that is up in June.....now I dont know EVERYTHING there is to know about it but Im pretty sure this will release a ton of funds back into the govts hands which def couldnt hurt.....something to build up reserves not only with dinar, but international reserves as well which would be VERY important for outside/foreign investors who will most likely be getting paid not in dinar but in their respective countries currency.....Im not going to make a huge deal about it because really they dont need to be worried about having trillions sitting aside for us and the people of Iraq.....they arent even worried about us.....we are just a grain of sand in a huge sandbox....90% (probly higher) of the dinar is in country anyway so getting the bigger bills back should be no problem at all....just a matter of getting the citizens of Iraq to exchange for smaller bills or simply to put their money in electronic accounts in the banks.....no need to sweat it out thinking about what they are thinking about us or how they can try and screw us out of anything cause it really wont matter to them.....another big thing happening later on this year is the US pulling out the rest or the majority of all remaining troops and leaving the security in the hands of the Iraqis......In my mind that is something quite important as far as the timing or ability for Iraq to unlock the dinars exchange rate and let it appreciate....I think that is another hurdle needing to be cleared....having the US troops finally out will show to the world how stable Iraq really is, and that they can operate independantly and run/govern themselves like big boys should do.....It could play a big role in things seeing as how Kuwait didnt reinstate their currency until they were completely unoccupied....just something to think about.....not sure exactly what kind of laws or regulations (if any) are in place regarding an occupied country being able to raise the value of their currency.....I thought I remembered reading something about how they cant justify something like that being occupied by another country but I could be wrong.....these are just some of the reasons why I think that the prime time for this to kick off would be from between mid summer and end of year.....I just cant see anything happening in the next couple of months....I know you all dont like hearing that kind of stuff but hey I dont want it to be like that either!! :lol: I want this just as bad as all of you!! We are all seeing tough times with our economy in the shape its in but we gotta keep our heads up and on straight cause like everything else we have gone through as a country we can and will get through it and succeed as always!!! Thoughts? Observations? What are you all thinking seeing as how SLOW these knuckleheads are at accomplishing anything?? :lol: Im pretty confident that the value should start to go up this year.....I really dont see any reason why it couldnt and why it wont.....but as the saying goes..... "this is Iraq" :lol:

Every reason you gave should allow it to happen now. Are you on any meds/weed? Your Clueless...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I have been reading your "thoughts" and "moans" and "bashing" for some months now and finally I must say i've had enough! You are some smart "arse' kid who doesn't do his "homework" reseaching or even listening to anyone else! You must REALLY love the sound of your own thoughts! If you knew anything about world economy and the way the REAL world works, you would read more and write less....Your as big a "Pumper" as some of the others are...nothing more and nothing less.....Do as all a favor and STOP

posting your THOUGHTS and only post FACTS!!!!!!! GIVE IT A REST YOU BIG BIG BABY!!!! :angry:

Edited by carol060906
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Every reason you gave should allow it to happen now. Are you on any meds/weed? Your Clueless...

If you were actually able to read and comprehend what I was saying you would know that the things I have listed are things that havent happend yet :lol: Where did you go to school???? The reasons I gave for it to be a little while before anything happens is because they HAVE NOT happened yet.....every reason I gave were things why I think it has NOT happened..... :lol: your a genius......these are reasons why I think things are still held up......they havent even ratified the budget yet so how can that allow it to happen now?? :lol: please think before you write....

• Upvote 1

I have been reading your "thoughts" and "moans" and "bashing" for some months now and finally I must say i've had enough! You are some smart "arse' kid who doesn't do his "homework" reseaching or even listening to anyone else! You must REALLY love the sound of your own thoughts! If you knew anything about world economy and the way the REAL world works, you would read more and write less....Your as big a "Pumper" as some of the others are...nothing more and nothing less.....Do as all a favor and STOP

posting your THOUGHTS and only post FACTS!!!!!!! GIVE IT A REST YOU BIG BIG BABY!!!! :angry:

Now thats a post good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow.....ummmm so your saying that I should have a background in economics or finance before I make a comment or opinion?? Its not hard to read and do your homework on the situation regardless of what your background is.....and actually understand things going on.....you can teach yourself everything you need to know about this by doing real research and not by just listening to BS conference calls all day and reading rumors and chats......we are all here to learn but some take the time to learn more then others instead of being spoon fed what just sounds good.....hell I fix cars for a living....so does that mean I shouldnt comment or have an opinion on what is happening over there or be able to understand parts of this investment?

[/quote

your right do your homework, but what you are staying is just a opinion. I never claimed I new more our that your wrong for feeling the way you do.I think you try to sound intelligent but honestly what you say in my opinion makes no since. Every reason for them to rvd is now! Goi seated, budget read, and the rate must be approved through parliament. Then we will see our rv. Don't take things so personal because not everyone os going too agree with what you think.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you were actually able to read and comprehend what I was saying you would know that the things I have listed are things that havent happend yet :lol: Where did you go to school???? The reasons I gave for it to be a little while before anything happens is because they HAVE NOT happened yet.....every reason I gave were things why I think it has NOT happened..... :lol: your a genius......these are reasons why I think things are still held up......they havent even ratified the budget yet so how can that allow it to happen now?? :lol: please think before you write....

Your an Idiot!!! I completely disagree with you on just about everything, Shut Up!!! What does school have to do with this? Thats like me asking you what does your job have to do with this? I measure what you say and what you've said in the past, your a typical disrespecful Punk who sure should of got your butt whooped by your parents. What a Loser!!!! Comprehending you your a rambling no-it-all fool!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

No your right I dont listen to anyone else you know why?? Cause most of them are full of crap.....I have actually done my homework "ma'm" or whatever you are.......and while I sit here and look for legitimate reasons or things going on that relate to Iraq moving forward and sharing them, you must be reading the rest of the garbage ur seeing from these gurus and such that spin every little thing into meaning the RV is right around the corner....i feel bad for you....i really do.....Most would rather hear a nonsensical approach to this because of all the BS thrown around from forum to forum.......you are more then welcome to stay with TK or Okie....maybe they will suit you better....in the meantime grab a tissue and have someone change ur diaper.......I can smell you from here....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

No your right I dont listen to anyone else you know why?? Cause most of them are full of crap.....I have actually done my homework "ma'm" or whatever you are.......and while I sit here and look for legitimate reasons or things going on that relate to Iraq moving forward and sharing them, you must be reading the rest of the garbage ur seeing from these gurus and such that spin every little thing into meaning the RV is right around the corner....i feel bad for you....i really do.....Most would rather hear a nonsensical approach to this because of all the BS thrown around from forum to forum.......you are more then welcome to stay with TK or Okie....maybe they will suit you better....in the meantime grab a tissue and have someone change ur diaper.......I can smell you from here....

I don't care for tk or okie either their the other extreme then there's basher's like you that a lot of us can't stand either. By the way your education doesn't mean jack what you do with your life is what matters. For me to compare my higher education and profession with you is a waste and shows your immaturity.

• Downvote 2

Your an Idiot!!! I completely disagree with you on just about everything, Shut Up!!! What does school have to do with this? Thats like me asking you what does your job have to do with this? I measure what you say and what you've said in the past, your a typical disrespecful Punk who sure should of got your butt whooped by your parents. What a Loser!!!! Comprehending you your a rambling no-it-all fool!!!

It has eveything to do of where you went to school....because someone needs to be fired since you had such a hard time comprehending what I wrote.....it really wasent that hard to understand....alot of others got it....but it must have went way over your head......im sorry...ill try to dumb it down a little next time for ya!! :lol: If you can muster up anything intelligent to say or to add then Im all ears..... :lol:

Im not taking things personal......you might not see the angle Im coming from and there is nothing I can do about that......Im not trying to sound intelligent either :lol: ....just throwing ideas out there for why I still think we have some time, not telling you that this is the ONLY reason why it hasent happened....who knows.....just pointing somethings out and looking for other ideas as well......yes most of the govt is seated...not everyone....still needs some positions filled and the budget still needs to be ratified as well....things that are taking forever.....its not the rate that needs to be approved by parliment, its issuing of new currency.....shabs is in control of the exchange rate.....but again...all this is not going to happen over night.....I just think the other ideas I mentioned could possibly come into play here......much has been accomplished but apparently its still not enough so Im just looking at things that are still unresolved.....just looking for a good debate....

• Upvote 1