Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Investment Brokers Opinion

believer2

I'm a former banker & I told my brother who worked for Halliburton four yrs in Iraq he was dead crazy! He said due your "due diligence". I said waste of time. My time is too valuable & golf is a major distraction. He said I'll buy the first $1000.00 you get paid for your time but if you end up convinced you owe me twice the amount I bought you. I said DEAL!

In Oct 2010 I bought him $3000.00 worth of dinar. I think the best article I read and I read a ton. ... was written by Marcus Curtis. The man did a masterful job of documenting with verifiable sources, nothing was written like media today! He left no rocks unturned!

My response is based on 20 years of experience in the business, your brother-in-law makes no commission on the dinar; consequently, he knows nothing about it but since he is a broker he knows everything about investing.

Exactly, the only thing investment bankers know is what they are "pumped" with their commissions.

You clearly do not know anything about being a broker.

1. 99% of Investment brokers are investors themselves.

2. My clients in 2008 were in positive returns as my strategy is mostly in fixed-income. Please do not generalize investment brokers who deal solely with the stock market.

3. Investing on "feeling" like you stated, will make you lose money. Ever heard of "odd-lot theory?"

4. Brokers are not 8-5, I come in and go as I please. We do not work on 9-5 as we are 100% purely on comission and trails.

5. This "can" be a lifetime opportunity or "cannot" be. How do you know for sure this will work?

6. Investing in commodities is extremely complex and volatile. It's not as simple as looking at prices of corn and wheat.

7. Please stop giving advice to everyone that Dinar is a solid investment. You have no knowledge, proof, or any evidence that it's a "solid" investment.

FANTASTIC points and i applaud your honesty. The people on this site speak as if the chance of them becoming millionaires is 99.5% LOL :D

Without a doubt, those that are in the investment and or the banking world believe that the Iraqi Dinar is all a scam... :blink: I have had multiple people in those industries illustrate that we have all been duped... Scam is generally the word they have used... I just look at them and say; "Well what is your foundation for saying that this is a scam?" :huh:

I think I can give you some insight into why some think this is a scam. First, let's clarify that the IQD is not the scam, but the thought that Iraq can just say the IQD is now worth 100 to 3000 times what it is now is the scam. The motive you ask? People have taken mega-millions of hard earned money from people like us selling dinar at 20 to 100% mark-ups. One of the dealers (not the largest by far), is reported to have profited millions in an article in Boston Magazine, and the article is from 2006.

You talk about facts, so here is one point you might want to consider. (Taken from the 2009 IMF Country Report) The CBI has a legal requirement to maintain a 30% International Reserve to back up the value of the IQD. Even though it is not, let's give the benefit of the doubt to Iraq and say they currently have an International Reserve of 100%. If the CBI were to RV at:

1 penny per dinar, the reserve level would drop to about 10%.

1 dime per dinar, the reserve level would drop to about 1%.

1 dollar per dinar, the reserve level would drop to about 00.10%.

The high reserve level is the only thing giving the IQD any worth at all. In Iraq's case, any of the above would be a disaster for the central bank.

Unfortunately, there are valid counter points to these other guru "theories":

-Iraq is going to give you the proceeds from the sale of their oil.

-Other nations are going to pay you big bucks for your dinar and just keep it in their reserves.

-The IQD will be traded up in value on the open foreign exchange.

Nothing above precludes rate adjustments, but IMO, we will not realize 2, 10, 100, or 1000-fold increase in our investment.

As always, I say buy all of the IQD you want, just make sure you get very close to the actual excange rate and quit make the rich dealers richer.

To reply in advance to some of the more clever rebuttals, yes I own IQD, no I will not give them to you, because I bought and hold my dinar in a way that is more profitable than keeping my money in a U.S. bank.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

OK, first off just want to start by saying I totally believe in this investment but I'm a little curious. My brother in law is an investment broker and has been for many many years. He lives in another state than I do and we dont have much contact, however he told another family member that the dinar investment was a crock. I would think as an investment broker he would be able to see this as a great opportunity. Any suggestions as to why he would think otherwise??

Experience in his trade maybe? Just a guess. ;)

I think I can give you some insight into why some think this is a scam. First, let's clarify that the IQD is not the scam, but the thought that Iraq can just say the IQD is now worth 100 to 3000 times what it is now is the scam. The motive you ask? People have taken mega-millions of hard earned money from people like us selling dinar at 20 to 100% mark-ups. One of the dealers (not the largest by far), is reported to have profited millions in an article in Boston Magazine, and the article is from 2006.

You talk about facts, so here is one point you might want to consider. (Taken from the 2009 IMF Country Report) The CBI has a legal requirement to maintain a 30% International Reserve to back up the value of the IQD. Even though it is not, let's give the benefit of the doubt to Iraq and say they currently have an International Reserve of 100%. If the CBI were to RV at:

The high reserve level is the only thing giving the IQD any worth at all. In Iraq's case, any of the above would be a disaster for the central bank.

-Other nations are going to pay you big bucks for your dinar and just keep it in their reserves.

Nothing above precludes rate adjustments, but IMO, we will not realize 2, 10, 100, or 1000-fold increase in our investment.

As always, I say buy all of the IQD you want, just make sure you get very close to the actual excange rate and quit make the rich dealers richer.

To reply in advance to some of the more clever rebuttals, yes I own IQD, no I will not give them to you, because I bought and hold my dinar in a way that is more profitable than keeping my money in a U.S. bank.

Good answer. I know I can get the majority of the money buy cashing in while in Iraq. But I waste a whole lot more in Vegas with nowhere near the potential returns!! I'll GAMBLE!! B)

2. My clients in 2008 were in positive returns as my strategy is mostly in fixed-income. Please do not generalize investment brokers who deal solely with the stock market.

3. Investing on "feeling" like you stated, will make you lose money. Ever heard of "odd-lot theory?"

4. Brokers are not 8-5, I come in and go as I please. We do not work on 9-5 as we are 100% purely on comission and trails.

5. This "can" be a lifetime opportunity or "cannot" be. How do you know for sure this will work?

6. Investing in commodities is extremely complex and volatile. It's not as simple as looking at prices of corn and wheat.

7. Please stop giving advice to everyone that Dinar is a solid investment. You have no knowledge, proof, or any evidence that it's a "solid" investment.

I'll stick to what I said. If you knew anything about investing you wouldn't be working on commission. As far as commodities, I'm very, very, successful at trading, and it is as easy as ABC once you are taught. I've been trading gold options since gold was 250 per troy oz. Brokers like you try to confuse people, but like I was taught, Never listen to a broker or you will become " broker ". I invest on feeling backed by what I study, you will never understand that, and I do not care what you think. I know what I'm worth, and I know how to trade, and do not care about any theories. As for this investment ( this is where the feeling comes in ) it is a lifetime opportunity and unlike you, I know for sure ( feeling ). You're absolutely right about one thing, I do not know anything about being a broker, THANK GOD!
  • Upvote 1

Mucho, I think you are horribly confused.

Working on commission has been the best thing for me. Also if you're a trader, arn't you on "bonuses" aka "commission"?

I've never heard of a salaried trader, maybe a small base salary of 100k range + bonus. I have friends that are successful traders and they are making 7 figure commissions.

The generalization of "brokers" tell me you're not a trader/professional or never have ran a business in your life.

Why?

Professionals never underestimate the hard work/knowledge that goes into running a succesful practice, and here you are generalizing all brokers without having no knowledge.

Let me give you a lesson, investing is all about theories that back them up. You can be technical (which you should know alot about since you are a trader), fundamental (non ratio related analysis).

You can follow the traditional MPT, or EMT depending on what kind of "trader" or "broker" you are, but of course you wouldn't know anything about that because your empty post clearly states that you are not a

professional trader.

Greater the Risk the Greater the gain.....IQD is about as risky as it gets, technically.....The purpose of an Investment Broker is to take your hard earned money and safely carefully invest & grow it for you. The Investment Broker would never take the IQD as a possibility....Just my opinion..

Well I have a really good answer for your question. Media BS that's BULLS*** with a capital BULL. For example I travel over to Middle East at least once a year. Some of my friends think that I am crazy. For example, went to Israel had a great time. Thought that it is not safe in Israel with some of the media reports of suicide bombings and conflicts with surrounding Arab countries. While I was there ( and have been several times ) never saw even one stone thrown. While I was there family here said news reports showing riots and uprisings. As a matter of fact was all over CNN and they were concerned. If you go to a certain city and a certain area of that city in a certain neighborhood on a certain road next to a particular house could find some trouble. Get my point. Hell I wouldn't walk around most of the cities in this country. Media, what they want us to believe and what is, are two very different things. He is listening to the wrong reports. Who's report are you going to listen to?

OK, about #2, did your colleagues inform their clients who were overweight equities to get out of those markets in late 2007 / early 2008 as it was clear to many that we were going to crash? I know some folks who are quite mad because these so-called "investment brokers" didn't do anything to prevent them from experiencing catastrophic losses that resulted. And then this brings me to your #4 - if you are commission driven and trails (building your BOB), then how can you bash someone who says you're little more than a salesman, which is what I think you are? The fact is, your 1st role is broker, advisor, trader, or analyst. But if you're a broker then you are sales first. And about #6, investing in commodities is actually less complicated than equities or index futures - you're dealing with price only, not all of the nonsense that now infests the equity markets.

OK, about #2, did your colleagues inform their clients who were overweight equities to get out of those markets in late 2007 / early 2008 as it was clear to many that we were going to crash? I know some folks who are quite mad because these so-called "investment brokers" didn't do anything to prevent them from experiencing catastrophic losses that resulted. And then this brings me to your #4 - if you are commission driven and trails (building your BOB), then how can you bash someone who says you're little more than a salesman, which is what I think you are? The fact is, your 1st role is broker, advisor, trader, or analyst. But if you're a broker then you are sales first. And about #6, investing in commodities is actually less complicated than equities or index futures - you're dealing with price only, not all of the nonsense that now infests the equity markets.

That wasn't the point of my post. The point of my post was not to generalize ALL brokers, as I would not generalize any professionals.

No not alot of my colleagues did not get out of equities market during the market crash, but not everyone also runs their own portfolio.

If you are a good adviser, you did not lose a "catastrophic" amount of money in 2008. Maybe down 15-20%, and right back up into positive earnings in 2009.

If you are a good adviser, your clients did not panic and went apesh*t in 2008 because you managed their fear and restored confidence to your clients.

You're a smart guy oilfutures. Being an adviser has 90% to do with being a good salesman, and I'm techincally an investment salesman. But being a fiduciary first is

MOST important as an adviser. Also I believe my fees are justified and fair considering the service I do for my clients. It's not much different than owning any other

business.

I'm not as worried about my commission as my clients money. I love my business, and I will always be in this business.

The poster above you stated many ignorant facts about being a broker/adviser, so I just wanted to correct him.

Edited by dinardlee

Ooooh! .Oooooh!....I can feel your aura of superiority!!! Your knowledge dwarfs our level of brain capacity!! Impress with your confirming demeanor!!Please tell us how you hold your dinar?? Maybe in your unwear because "no institution" is safe in this country or internationally.!! Underwear or boot...? Now that is an idea! We can start a new depository called "Mehatinmyboot". That has a catchy sound and it has a worldly ring!!

That wasn't the point of my post. The point of my post was not to generalize ALL brokers, as I would not generalize any professionals.

No not alot of my colleagues did not get out of equities market during the market crash, but not everyone also runs their own portfolio.

If you are a good adviser, you did not lose a "catastrophic" amount of money in 2008. Maybe down 15-20%, and right back up into positive earnings in 2009.

If you are a good adviser, your clients did not panic and went apesh*t in 2008 because you managed their fear and restored confidence to your clients.

You're a smart guy oilfutures. Being an adviser has 90% to do with being a good salesman, and I'm techincally an investment salesman. But being a fiduciary first is

MOST important as an adviser. Also I believe my fees are justified and fair considering the service I do for my clients. It's not much different than owning any other

business.

I'm not as worried about my commission as my clients money. I love my business, and I will always be in this business.

The poster above you stated many ignorant facts about being a broker/adviser, so I just wanted to correct him.

Understood. But I do know a few money managers and advisors who lost and gained clients, due to not watching markets closely and clients panicking, and the fact is, while the indices dropped 30-40%, some stocks lost more. And from what I heard, most clients went ape**** when the market crashed. And just because markets turn around (and they always do), maybe you fail to realize that there is a cost to the market turnaround, and that is TIME VALUE. So you owned a stock you bought in 2006 at $50, and 5 years later, and after the 2008 crash, it is back at $50; so it sounds like break even, but fact is, you lost 5 years investing money is something that maybe had a gain in 2007 but is now a break even. Do you teach your clients about TIME VALUE???

Also, I don't advise, but I think any true professional advisor should discuss with clients the potential of futures - if there is any way to get large returns and utilize time value, it is with futures - but when you convey that commodity investing is risky, I think you are doing a disservice to your clients. Commodity futures demand a lot of discipline of course, but the returns can be outstanding, AND, they are better than equities regarding cap gains taxes.

Of course alot of investors went apesh*t!! It's up to the adviser to manage that fear and keep things cool.

I run a very disciplined approach to investing. My strategy is not to beat the market 100% of the time per say, but to hedge against losses while providing capital preservation. What you get in my practice is mostly

tax-free income of 5-6% range, principal perservation, and positive earnings in the down years. My sales approach is to keep things simple and effective.

I do a bit of equities as well mostly with options.

Time value of money is very well considered and I'm fully aware that "buy and hold" strategy does not work all the time. But I also do not take every client into my practice since I mostly deal with income buyers and long-term investors. I'm VERY conservative with clients.

Managed futures and commodities can be a great addition to a portfolio I'm sure, but I myself am not completely educated on that subject enough to advise anyone. So if I was to advise anyone on managed futures and commodities, I would be disserving my clients since I'm not an expert in that sector. Managed futures and commodities also have a (-) earnings in a 20 year period which doesn't sit well with me either. I only mess with a little bit of gold as a hedge against inflation.

What most people do not understand is most clients do not really care if its futures, mutual funds, index options, ETFs, EIA or whatever the product may be. They want their capital preserved with steady interests compounding. Also every client is different...it's all about listening to them, finding the gaps and building a bridge for them.

Edited by dinardlee