Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wow! Phone call from Bank. No speculation just what happened.

jte70

Don't believe it, but I don't much appreciate being called a liar by a bunch of total strangers.

End Quote

While I understand you don't (and nobody else really) like to be called a liar, and I think you're not one personally, when you state "by a bunch of total strangers" you forget the li'l detail that you're a stranger to them yourself.

I agree it's still not nice to be called a liar, mind you.

Please don't let the "bad apples" spoil this for you ... and please do not use language that is not fit to use in front of your grandmother!

pvS

My bad, PVS and please accept my apologies, as well as everyone else. I lost my temper and I won't do it again. Not publicly anyway.

Edited by jte70
  • Upvote 4

I believe the banks who have decided not to sell anymore Dinar have decided to hold onto the rest of their Dinar inventory to cash in for themselves after the RV. Wow, what a great business decision.

You might be on to something there.

That's what I'd do if I were them.

• Upvote 1

The phone call was probably because the person at the bank who called me knows me professionally.

What do you guys want, my home address and cell phone log? Whatever.

Just thought it was interesting. Whew, good thing I didn't put this in news.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry, but I have never had an unsolicited phone call from my bank about anything and I have been with them for 15 yrs now. I find it difficult to believe. Sorry.

Kind of off topic, but relates to your post. My bank called when there was a weird $6.00 purchase on my account. Yes 6 bucks. It turned out someone tried to steal my identity and the bank caught it right away, but called to make sure it was me. So it does happen.

The phone call was probably because the person at the bank who called me knows me professionally.

What do you guys want, my home address and cell phone log? Whatever.

Just thought it was interesting. Whew, good thing I didn't put this in news.

I think most people here live in a larger city where the term personal banker means nothing unless you have a small mint in the bank.

Locally where I live the smaller banks are very personable and I have had them call me for things other than an overdraft. :lol: So if you live in smaller town I could believe they might call you to give you a heads up, especially if you are friendly with them. :)

Though, even here BOA wouldn't call you for nothing. I think those larger banks don't know how to be personable.

The bsnks that are there on the southeasetern Texas upper coast line and move norhtward toward the thickets have stopped selling dinars back several months ago. All this tells me is that their outward shippments are running low and people haven't deciced to start to turn some of their older bills end. I feel that once it becomes official then and only then will we be able to proceed to the next step. I have always been told to be tolerentant and to keep patience a just allow this to happened. My dinar have been locked up ever since I returned from Iraq and all I do is sit and read on how all of you are allowing some of these people get to ya'll. My suggesstion is to purchase what you will feel good about and then do as I do,Sit down, have a refreshing drink, pet on olblue and let it do what it wan ts to do.

I have been reading many of the comments that people send and I think this will bring the High blood Pressure down. An then again it might allow many of use from going nuts. May everyone get exactly what you are wishing for. That Is All.

NOT RUMOR!!!!

Today around 4pm...I'm in the downtown Knoxville branch of BB&T (of which I do a lot of business there and they know me by name). On my way out of the bank, I dropped by the managers office to "inquire" as to if they sold the Iraqi Dinar (I'm a recent investor to the Dinar and never had a chance to previously ask). She looked supprised that I asked and said "as of yesterday we don't." She went on to tell me... that yesterday she received an email from "corporate" stating that they no longer sell the Iraqi Dinar. Another Customer Service Rep I know from that branch was in the managers office while we were having this conversation. She confirmed that she got the same email.

Both of these bank employees had no idea about the IRD as an investment....and it made absolutely no difference to them if they sold the Iraqi Dinar or not. The bank manager had never had anyone ask her to buy Dinar. Me, Myself and I.....found it VERY INTERESTING that as of yesterday they have stopped selling dinar.

Don't believe me? Call and ask for yourself:

BRANCH - KNOXVILLE MAIN

900 S. *** STREET

KNOXVILLE, TN 37902-1810

Phone: (865)766-8620

Fax: (865)766-8712

Oh, and before you ask...it would just be bad form to have used these 2 ladies names.

Don't hate....just call

TD Bank in Ny sells them, i live on Long island.....and there a couple here that l them, but no other banks that i know of in the area. What i did notice is that when i bought them a yr ago in the winter i paid 271 bucks or so for 250,000 dinars, that was with their bank fee.

Now a yr later they are still selling at the same exact price but if i cash them in i make a good amount less i dont know exactly what but if i had 500,000 and cashed them in i would get around 348 or something, so this could be how they are making money

and pushing, they are still charging the same amount but when you want to cash them in you are getting less and less it seems,

i hope this is not a scam. im really pulling for this whole thing, but i could see why they want to push them, people out there are really making money off them.

You want me to give out my location? No thanks. I've been posting here for months and I get flamed. Sorry, this is my last post. All I did was offer some interesting information and ask if anyone else had gotten similar information. As stated above it's a small bank but sorry ******, figure it out for yourself.

Quite right.

Forum -"In addition to its standard function as a marketplace, a forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities, including political discussions and debates, rendezvous, meetings, et cetera"

No discussion or debate here. When someone posts you have to wade through the garbage to find anything constructive. In a real forum would they run about with knives ready to stab the first to speak in the back. I doubt it. The internet is a godsend for the cowards, lurking in the shadows waiting to attack.

Any information is information to be shared, if you do not like it you do not have to read it. The way things are going nobody will want to post shortly.

I believe the banks who have decided not to sell anymore Dinar have decided to hold onto the rest of their Dinar inventory to cash in for themselves after the RV. Wow, what a great business decision.

I don't believe these banks had any inventory because they usually took a couple weeks to deliver.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but I have never had an unsolicited phone call from my bank about anything and I have been with them for 15 yrs now. I find it difficult to believe. Sorry.

I have had two unsolicited calls from my bank in the past 4 weeks, never happend before in twentytwo years......believe it or not.......by the same name as the old tv program.....Cheers!!!

How can a foreign currency be a scam? We've just recently seen IQD "go live" on forex. So, the bank could issue cautionary statements about the risks, but calling it a scam doesn't add up to me. Even if all of us never profit a dime from this venture, we didn't get scammed, we just made a bad investment. I don’t believe it'll play out like that.

It seems odd that we've heard so much about how little bank personel actually knows about IQD, but then several unaffiliated banks across the country stop selling dinar in a 24 hr period. Most without any valid stated reason.

I am not aware that when you go into a bank to buy any sort of foreign currency that they ask you if you would like to be on their mailing or call list when they discontinue selling currency. You may get calls from banks to come back to them if you closed accounts or cancelled credit cards but a bank does not have enough time or reps in the day to make phone calls telling someone they no longer carry a specific currency.

[Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 7:25 AM, PST

I think your comment is the most plausible statement I've seen recently. All the agents for the IQD are probably thinking the same thing and are buying up as many of the IQD's for their own cash-in opportunities. Maybe it also means that the RI/RV is on the threshold of being announced. If everybody would stop buying more dinars, Iraq may determine that it's time to announce the RI/RV. Until then, all the IQD sales agents are probably stockpiling unsold IQD's for their own big scores. We investors may very well be at least one reason why the RI/RV is being held back from happening - as long as we keep buying those things.

I don't believe these banks had any inventory because they usually took a couple weeks to deliver.

I dont think the banks themselves are doing that.

My 5th/3rd bank called me yesterday to inform me that my order was in and could be picked up today. I ask her yesterday on phone if they were circulated or UN-circulated bills, she replied that she did not know because they are not allowed to open the packages until I ( the customer) is present.

I went to the bank this morning, the lady asked the manager to please get my order out of the managers vault. they brought it out, It was in a FED EX envelope. she opened it and counted it out to me. It was all Circulated Bills (25k Denom).

As far as the rumor of the banks getting it from the federal reserve, I dont believe that true, everything the federal reserve would have is UN- circulated bills as they have had possesion of them for many years back to when they were printed. IMO, the fed reserve did not put all that dinar in there to distribute to all of us. they put it there so that they the US government could make money to help offset the deficit. ( of course we know how thiat will go..lol)

Another Interesting thing happened while I was at bank,

Last week, I asked both 5th/3rd bank and my personal bank (first america Bank) by the direction of my attorney, if they had an account where the FDIC has unlimited protection.. The answer from boths banks was NO.

However today while at 5th 3rd bank, the manager reconized me, and with a smile on her face showed me a flyer she received in a bank training, meeting yesterday that states:

EFFECTIVE 1-26-2011

All NON INTEREST bearing Checking Accounts of 5/3 Bank will have FULL FDIC INSURANCE to unlimited Amounts.

I Immiediately called my Bank( First America Bank) and asked them, I got the same reply from the Manager, That As of Today 1-26-2011 , All non interest bearing checking accounts will carry Unlimited protection by the FDIC.

Kinda weird how both different banks has same info starting the same day. Does anyone know anything about this??? Maybe something put out by the FDIC???

AJW

Edited by ajw
  • Upvote 1

thank you for your post, I guess it is a little unusual for banks to call customers.. however when I was married my ex and the banker developed not a personal but a good relationship and my ex got calls from him from time to time. By the way, if you were to take a survey as to how many people get calls after the RV I bet it would be astounding. I will be having a total hip replacement tomorrow morning, as this was so sudden, I will have noone here with me except 3 dogs and 2 cats (by the way, they only want to eat and sleep) so I came on this site just to read what is going on. Helps pass the time. Was hoping there was news of an RV... :mellow: