Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I posted something yesterday about my church and it is sad that it was CLOSED. :( I didn't lead anyone on by the title saying something like, "RV NEWS!" or anything. I specifically said, "CHURCH MESSAGE" on the outside. Therefore, for those who don't believe don't have to "waste" their time reading it, per say. It's sad that even though several people agreed and shared other positive news, a couple had to join and spread quarrels and disunity. Why can't we all get along? We are all adults here! It is deeply disappointing.

Oh, and news to me, I didn't know there was a sister site of DV that was strictly Christian. Someone mentioned that why isn't it shared on there. Well, one I didn't know about it. Two, because I am a member of DV and I know that the majority of people on this site are Christian. So that answers that person's question.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm angry. I am not; just sadly disappointed.

Everyone have a good day! Here in Ohio, we're getting inches of snow! :blink::)

• Upvote 17

thanks. No I understand, it was nothing against me. I'm just saying people had to ruin it by commenting on a thread that they knew already from the topic thread title that it was going to be something they disagree with. I just think it's sad and wrong. It goes back to what they should've been taught when younger, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Many others joined it bringing other positive points. I wish it could've remained like that. But oh well.

• Upvote 5

I posted something yesterday about my church and it is sad that it was CLOSED. :( I didn't lead anyone on by the title saying something like, "RV NEWS!" or anything. I specifically said, "CHURCH MESSAGE" on the outside. Therefore, for those who don't believe don't have to "waste" their time reading it, per say. It's sad that even though several people agreed and shared other positive news, a couple had to join and spread quarrels and disunity. Why can't we all get along? We are all adults here! It is deeply disappointing.

Oh, and news to me, I didn't know there was a sister site of DV that was strictly Christian. Someone mentioned that why isn't it shared on there. Well, one I didn't know about it. Two, because I am a member of DV and I know that the majority of people on this site are Christian. So that answers that person's question.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm angry. I am not; just sadly disappointed.

Everyone have a good day! Here in Ohio, we're getting inches of snow! :blink::)

I'm currently out of the country but I'm from Ohio too! What part of Ohio are you from? I'd give anything to get back into the cold weather to be honest.

Well said Vanessa! If it is clearly marked, is located in "off topics" and doesn't insult anyone then it should be allowed to be posted.

However...I have a lot of faith in the Mods of this site, so I think you will get an answer that someone had a good reason to take that action. As they seem to be very fair and reasonable people..and please dont tell them I told you this, as I don't want them to get too big of heads, but they are actually very intelligent and VERY funny! :)

Hang in there!

thanks. No I understand, it was nothing against me. I'm just saying people had to ruin it by commenting on a thread that they knew already from the topic thread title that it was going to be something they disagree with. I just think it's sad and wrong. It goes back to what they should've been taught when younger, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Many others joined it bringing other positive points. I wish it could've remained like that. But oh well.

Why can't their be discussion about it? I didn't bash and say it was horrible etc. I was asking questions. I think the other thread was closed for no reason. Why are people so afraid to talk about their beliefs?

• Upvote 2

Vanessa, I totally agree with you!! You were up front and said that it was "Church News" and if people don't believe or don't want to read it, they do not have to. Their choice!! I am also a Christian and I find that when people post something from their church or from their heart, I enjoy reading it!! Thank you for posting!! I didn't HAVE to read it, I WANTED to read it!!! I don't think it should have been closed either!

unfortunately i think you, venessa, and your post, were the collateral damage in preventing an outburst of overly passionate untactful people. talking about whoevers beliefs i dont think is against the rules. the knuckle heads that feel as though they have the right to damn every skeptic is what ruins a good conversation and a fun thread.

and that wasnt aiming towards christians it goes for both sides. :blink:

Edited by Caducues

I didn't see the other post but really like this one.

I am not Cristian but enjoy anyone who is spreading

peace and harmony.

I do however feel the need to disagree with the whole "if you can't say something nice" premise.

I Imagine England saying this to the colonists or the south saying it to the north.

I know that the choice of language often leaves a lot to be desired, but seriously, why be hurt

because someone on a forum doesn't agree with you or like your post?

I could get 157 negatives and would take a little time to consider the responses, but certainly wouldn't

lose a minute of sleep over it.

I just don't like bashing. Period. we're all adults. We can find a way to get a long and be respectful. Enough said.

Well, MS Vanessa, we are not all mature adults here on DV. I've been on this site almost one year now and have had the misfortune to interact with some of the problem children... I have read many foolish, childish, and otherwise unnecessary commentaries by people who seem to have nothing better to do than to fill the roll of agitators-in-chief. It is clear that most of them would not behave in a face to face conversations, as they do while anonymous and hiding behind their computer screens. Before I go too far off the path here, however, having read those aforementioned posts, I did not complain to the moderators about them because they would not have enough hours in their day... B)

Vanessa.....I didn't get to read your article from yesterday. But, you have to understand. This is not a much of a Christian site as you are saying it is. Yes, I am a Christian. I was in the Chat Room one day.....where there was a REGULAR in the Chat Room just ripping someone. As I watched....there was another person named Christianforlife...which by his name tells me he or she is a christian. This person..made a suggestion...Can we change the subject...and talk about the dinar (something like that) and I witnessed this person be Verbally attacked and cussed at by this Regular chat individual. There were 2 Mods on the site ..and neither Mod stepped in. Not only that ...Christanforlife asked ...Can a Mod step in here...and the Mod basically said "What do you want me to do" ...which told me that because this was a Regular chat person..they could say whatever they wanted to say..and noone would get onto him/her. Last week ..seeing a different Mod get onto someone for their bad language...I mentioned this other situation I witnessed...only to be torn apart by other chatters on the site...and finally EagleEye stepped in and said enough. Chistianforlife mentioned he was a christian...and like you experienced people in the Chat Room tried to tell him...THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN SITE...go to our sister site, which is.