Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Slightly seasoned Dinars.

HappyNow

Hi,

Thanks to all of you for your insights and your wealth of knowledge.

I am a newbie and am learning more and more every day.

I know the following question is probably silly, so please forgive me in advance!

I have the opportunity to purchase slightly seasoned Dinars.

They have not been in circulation to the point where they are worn.

The seller is registered with the Treasury (I checked).

They are simply being offered at a lower price than the uncirculated ones.

My question is this:

Will the banks accept the circulated Dinars after the RV?

Or do the Dinars need to be uncirculated?

Thanks for letting me know and thanks again for everything!

Have an Awesome day!

With Kindest Regards...

Hi,

I know the following question is probably silly, so please forgive me in advance!

My question is this:

Have an Awesome day!

With Kindest Regards...

dinar banker shows a price buy back difference between new ond old:

to be on the safe side--i buy news one from Dinar Trade--they come with a certificate

also you can print a copy of their u.s.treasury registration from their website

i put my dinar--receipt, all those documents in a folder

Hi,

My question is this:

Have an Awesome day!

With Kindest Regards...

You should be fine. Most buy the uncirculated or UNC notes, but as far as I know,

as long as the notes are in reasonable shape, face value would be honored.

We bought our IQD all through eBay because prices were much more reasonable

at the time then most dealer prices. (still much more reasonable in my opinion on eBay

other than those trying to gouge. If you research a bit you can still find decent prices there).

I inquired once about if it could be a problem NOT buying them from

a 'dealer' or money service business, and was told flat out, what mattered was that the notes are genuine

otherwise place of purchase did not matter. So do not allow a dealer to make it seem it is not legal to

own IQD if not bought from them, as this is simply not true. There is one currency dealer on eBay that appears to

state you MUST buy from a registered dealer and this again is serving HIS interests and not truth according to what

i learned.

So we printed out all receipts and like chuckray, have them stored away. My main caution to you would be

who the dealer is. The reason I ask that is because I think I know who it is, and if correct, i would advise not doing

business with them. This dealer would be SCGS. I tried ordering from them and it got bizarre. I ordered back in Dec. on the 10th

and they still cannot tell me if the order was ever processed LOL. I told them several times it cannot be that hard to verify.

They stopped communication after they kept asking the same questions, so I finally told them to cancel the order. Still never heard a thing

after their last communication with me Jan. 03rd which asked for my order number, which happened to be right in the subject line

of ALL my emails! That was it for me so now I must keep an eye on our credit card to make sure there is no charges. Very odd

experience, so please if it IS them, try either eBay, or a reputable dealer, but you will pay a premium from most dealers even on eBay

if you do not shop around a bit.

Hope that helps and also, do not spend more than you can afford! That is very important to remember. :)

All my best!

Jim

---

Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone, for all of your replies.

I very much Appreciate it.

The seller that I'm talking with, said that the banks will accept the uncirculated and basically to not just take her word for it.

She suggested that I post on one of the bigger sites to get some real time feedback.

That's why I posted on this site.

She personally prefers the slightly seasoned ones, because they cost less.

That being said, she does offer the uncirculated ones too.

Both the circulated and uncirculated Dinars that she is offering are the newer bills, with the security features.

Again, thanks to all of you for responding and have an Awesome day!

With Kindest Regards...

I have never heard of "slightly seasoned ones" costing less... maybe i am missing something. It cost me the SAME from my BANK. I get what I get. When I order, sometimes they are used sometimes, new and crisp. It would raise a read flag to me saying that "seasoned" ones are LESS. How much cheaper are you talking? Use a black light and see if they are real.

Most of the time you don't have to buy them online, you can buy them from the bank.

Edited by Chancy949

The only time it is less to sell back is through traders.

You will get the best deal generally if you use the trader you bought through if you bought at DinarTrade then you are in good shape.

Traders have two ways to purchase the dinar from you. Some state if you bought it elsewhere you get a different rate. Not sure which one it was I saw that at but I think it was Dinar Banker.

Both state that circulated and uncirculated get different rates.

Point in Fact this is http://www.dinartrade.com/selldinar.php

" Price as of 01/14/2011

$1,000.00 per million dinars Uncirculated New Notes

$850.00 per million dinars Circulated Notes"

I asked my dealer the same question lsat year and she said that for the purpsoes of currency speculation, new or old bills do not matter provided they are all legitimate, no forgeries. The only time when it is important to have uncirculated bills is when one is a collector, and the bills are being handled as collectors' items, not as tradeable currency. Knowing that I stopped buying only uncirculated bills and saves some money buying what was classed as slightly used but I could not see how they had been used, they were so pristine.

Anyway, geing genuine and of a tradeable issue is the test, not the age or condision of the note.

smee2