Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DinarTrade

Plasticsman

Seems like the only people making money are the ones selling the dinar to us who wait like suckers!

Appears that Dinartrade wants even more $, they raised their price again.

Don't buy any then or if you feel you need to then goto one of your local banks and buy, the price is still about the same there!

That's hillarious! I just check the DT site and noticed they have only increased their purchase prices as follows:

Sell Your Dinar

Price as of 01/10/2011

$1,000.00 per million dinars Uncirculated New Notes

$850.00 per million dinars Circulated Notes

Although they are increasing their selling prices to $1,260/million they are not increasing their purchasing prices nearly as fast. I think they know if they increase their rates up to the "old" sell rate ($1,060/million?) they might have a lot of people jumping ship.

Just an observation.

Price goughing.. I will never send anyone to there site again. Not that they care with all the other pumpers and people still buying but this increase is just not right. I am all for making a profit but this is price goughing and taking advantage of the little guy. IMHO

Price goughing.. I will never send anyone to there site again. Not that they care with all the other pumpers and people still buying but this increase is just not right. I am all for making a profit but this is price goughing and taking advantage of the little guy. IMHO

I don't think this technically fits the definition of "price gouging." Price gouging is defined as: pricing above the market price when no alternative retailer is available. As there are several alternatives this can't be considered price gouging.

I should have stated in my earlier post, that I have purchased from several sites/banks, but DT has been the most reliable with the least, if any complications, and I would buy from them again, if I wanted to purchase any more.

How can anyone be talking about price gouging when we may (may) see a return of 5000%. So they make a few more dollars. In the big picture, is it a big deal? Even if you cashed out at .86, you have done well.

Don't forget what DT has provided. A dealer that can be trusted, has had great customer service, and that includes fast responses, not only to questions, but shipping. And you can cash your dinars back in with DT. I would rather be doing business with DT that BOA, WF, Chase, etc. The banks have raped this country out of their own greed. And you ridicule Ali for making a few extra bucks? Call BOA and ask to speak to their head foreign currency manager. I bet you cannot get him/her on the phone. Call DT and ask for Ali. You get him live.

I think you should take 90% of your profit and distribute it among the Iraqi people and our soldiers that have spent time in Iraq, primarily the ones that have lost limbs and have lifetime disabilities. Maybe you will appreciate what you have been given for such a small price. Many others have paid a BIG price so you have this opportunity.

• Upvote 3

That's hillarious! I just check the DT site and noticed they have only increased their purchase prices as follows:

Sell Your Dinar

Price as of 01/10/2011

$1,000.00 per million dinars Uncirculated New Notes

$850.00 per million dinars Circulated Notes

Although they are increasing their selling prices to $1,260/million they are not increasing their purchasing prices nearly as fast. I think they know if they increase their rates up to the "old" sell rate ($1,060/million?) they might have a lot of people jumping ship.

Just an observation.

This also concerns me very much...if supply was truly short, their buyback price would also rise accordingly, just like the price to sell gold or silver has kept up with the buyback rate.

This seems to me more like someone making a profit from rumor and high market speculation because his buyback has barely moved which means he understands there is a line where he will no longer make profit...or an absolute exchange rate that he cannot exceed because he would then be buying back Dinars and putting his business into a deficit. Looks like greed feeding on greed.

Nope.

It is not "goughing. It is not even "gouging".

Little guys don't have to buy in if they don't want to.

Well for those that have purchased 1,000,000 in the past... If it was anything below $1000 USD, you'll basically break even at this point. If it was slightly over, you'll only take a slight loss.

For those that have been invested for quite some time, you'll be looking at making a profit.

I noticed that they bumped the 250,000 from $310 USD to $320 USD. They left the 100,000 alone at $200.

I recall purchasing 100,000 at $140 just in mid-december alone.

Either demand is high, or supply is really low. (Or a combination of both) Either way, the recent purchases has helped push the people invested for some time probably either A) turning a profit now, or B) breaking even.

The higher quantity you buy, the better the rates. The mark-up % decreases.

For example: 100,000 is $200, but if you were to sell it back you'd only receive $100 (Therefore, each 100,000 sale, there is nearly a 100% mark-up)

If you purchase 1,000,000 @ $1,260, your only seeing the 26% increase.

DT & other selling sites may feel that they are either in a position where a RV is imminent, supply is going to eventually run out, or so forth. Remember, it has been said they're not getting their Dinars from Iraq directly. These are coming from other countries such as Jordan, Egypt, & so forth. I believe Iraq wants to try to control all this currency and get it back within their country.

Has anyone ever noticed a time where the prices have actually decreased??? I am going to assume that whatever we pay is basically at the most the minimum pricing and will only go up in the future.

How can anyone be talking about price gouging when we may (may) see a return of 5000%. So they make a few more dollars. In the big picture, is it a big deal? Even if you cashed out at .86, you have done well.

Don't forget what DT has provided. A dealer that can be trusted, has had great customer service, and that includes fast responses, not only to questions, but shipping. And you can cash your dinars back in with DT. I would rather be doing business with DT that BOA, WF, Chase, etc. The banks have raped this country out of their own greed. And you ridicule Ali for making a few extra bucks? Call BOA and ask to speak to their head foreign currency manager. I bet you cannot get him/her on the phone. Call DT and ask for Ali. You get him live.

I think you should take 90% of your profit and distribute it among the Iraqi people and our soldiers that have spent time in Iraq, primarily the ones that have lost limbs and have lifetime disabilities. Maybe you will appreciate what you have been given for such a small price. Many others have paid a BIG price so you have this opportunity.

Very well said.

Darin's post is well reasoned. Price gouging is simply not in play (and from a business perspective is an ignorant comment). If you want to get dinars at a cheaper rate, it is well documented that you can get them cheaper in Iraq. Of course, then you need a plane ticket, time off from work, hotel money, etc ... AND, if you believe it, you may be hassled at the airport and find that you are 'restricted' from taking Iraqi currency out of the country.

Simply, we pay our money and take our chances ...

TS

This also concerns me very much...if supply was truly short, their buyback price would also rise accordingly, just like the price to sell gold or silver has kept up with the buyback rate.

This seems to me more like someone making a profit from rumor and high market speculation because his buyback has barely moved which means he understands there is a line where he will no longer make profit...or an absolute exchange rate that he cannot exceed because he would then be buying back Dinars and putting his business into a deficit. Looks like greed feeding on greed.

They can keep the buy back prices low because they are the only place that are buying IQD, at least until it is openly traded.

• Upvote 1

All the "price gouging" posts are hilarious. No one is forcing you to buy dinars from DT. And the buyback price used to be in the mid $800s so yes, it too has gone up. The man makes money on transactions. If his supply is getting tight, he is raising his buyback price to entice people who are tired of the ride into selling back to him with a small profit or loss. Then he can turn around and send them right back out the door and pocket the difference, minus his operating costs.

For the record, SafeDinar.com is still only asking $1050-1090/million uncirculated 25k IQD notes (price depends on quantity). I have used them for all my dinar purchases in the past, and they have been nothing but reliable and professional. Next day FedEx if you order before 3pm. If people started exploring cheaper alternatives, maybe he would be forced to lower his prices to compete. If he is still selling all his dinar no matter what the price, what exactly is his incentive to lower his prices?

Do some research people. There is more than one place to buy your dinars, many of whom provide the same exact experience DT does. DT for some reason seems to get all the buzz, but that does not mean you're forced to go through them.

Edited by Revelation

Well Folks

What can I say I guess these dealers are in this to make money just like anybody else

And I would think they would know (ahead in a time frame of about) when we may RV because of their

connections to the other side.

So by seeing them raise their prices means they could know something or just playing us.

Do you guys remember the oil shortages way back when there wasn't one.lol

I'm saying this because there gotta be a reason for these guys raise their prices so much.

I could be wrong but just a thought.