Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

True value of the Iraqi dinar

No.....that was all made up....the IMF has stated nothing of the such.....not sure where you got it from but I will bet you all my dinar its not official and its not from the IMF....more likely someone typing an opinion or trying to say whats fact just because it sounds good and its what you wanna hear.....sorry.....

There is far too much BS like this that desperate people try to turn into fact. I think it makes people feel good to believe in something. Remeber most people on these forums believe people lived for 600 years in biblical times, that Noah built an ark and that we that Adam and Eves offspring committed enough incest to populate the planet. So it does not suprise me when so many people take The Plan story as fact and believe what the gurus say has any basis in reality.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Thanks for your replies Paul. Not sure I agree with them but I am hoping you are right.

A side note to help you...If you want to quote something specific someone said... use the quotation bubble in the tool bar and copy the text between the quotes. Sorry my questions were so long. Lots to say. :D

If you own Dinar, you have a 75% chance for a positive outcome and a 25% chance for a negative outcome. Read below and ask yourself, did you make a good decision in buying the Dinar and did you buy the Dinar for the right reasons?

How poker makes you a better investor

Ever watch professional poker players calculating the odds, then coolly dissecting their opponents? Many of the same skills the top players use can help you be a better investor.

Success at both investing and gambling, it turns out, has much to do with controlling emotions. And playing a little poker can help you recognize, and avoid, emotional traps that endanger your most important stack of chips -- your portfolio. But you need to know what to look for…

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/learn-how-to-invest/how-poker-makes-you-a-better-investor.aspx

MCU Tip No. 2: Money you don't lose buys just as many things as money you win.

The lesson: Save money by lowering risk and avoiding overpriced stocks

In poker, most of the money you win is money that is given to you by bad players, rather than money that you earn. And similarly, one of the keys to increasing your profit is reducing the amount of money that you give away.

Investing in stocks is no different.

MCU Tip No. 7: If one pro plays twice as many hands as another, both might earn the same profit.

The lesson: It's better to have a few superior stocks in your portfolio than to diversify by adding marginal companies.

MCU Tip No. 4: You don't get paid to win pots; you get paid to make the right decisions.

The lesson: Ignore short-term results, and focus on how you played the game.

http://www.fool.com/investing/mutual-funds/2005/04/19/from-poker-to-investing-10-tips-from-the-mcu.aspx

Also, you can learn the basics of poker and investing in about five minutes and then spend the whole rest of your life trying to understand the nuances. I've been an investor for over thirty years and I learn things every day. Also by the end of our session together, you'll find that the skill sets for poker and for investing are surprisingly similar. A lot of the talks that you have heard today tie together. You'll see things in my talk that relate to some things that Lisa mentioned-the process of playing poker and the process of investing are more about how you make decisions. Terry talked about behavioral finance and poker is enormously influenced by the way people think. People make decisions in very quirky ways, as he pointed out…

Now the key to winning in low stakes poker is folding. If you're playing an eight-handed game and the luck of the draw is evenly distributed, you're going to have the best hand about one in eight times. So seven out of eight times, if you're playing only your good hands, you should be sitting on the sidelines. People don't do that. When you play once a month or every couple of weeks, people want to mix it up. They want to be in the hands and get the action and see what the next card will bring. So they will not fold to the extent that you need to because it's no fun and it requires discipline and patience. You can see where I'm starting to head in comparing investing with poker. Successful investing is boring. It takes place over years of time and involves accumulations of wealth in periods of years and decades as opposed to minutes, hours and weeks. If you're at the country club and you're talking about the latest stock you bought, most people want to talk about the thing that went up $10 the last week. They don't want to say, "I'm in a mutual fund and I think I'll make 7%-8% annually until I retire and at that rate I'll be able to achieve my financial goals." But that's the way you really should be thinking about investing-over a lifetime.

This is something that Ken Warren said about Texas Hold-em: "More money is lost by players who know what the right thing to do is, but don't do it, than for any other reason. Having a strategy, a game plan and the discipline to stick to it are, along with a sufficient bankroll, the four most important things that a player needs to be a winner." You could say the same thing about investing. Game plan, strategy, discipline and obviously, bankroll.

http://www.leggmason.com/billmiller/conference/illustrations/nelson.asp

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The IMF has a gigantic say in the currency valuation. Not for Iraq but for the world trade partners and world financial market. Too high of an RV would not be allowed because it would create huge trade gaps and unfair advantages once the IQD does become internationally recognized. How do you account for that? Section 4 of the IMF's Articles of Agreement spells this out quite clearly. http://www.imf.org/e.../ft/aa/aa04.htm I would also like to see you address the whole 3 zero's talk. Why would Iraq constantly bring that up? Would you agree that the majority of Iraqi's do not have much in savings? The average annual income in Iraq is around $2200. Wouldn't a substantial RV create chaos amongst the citizens with unemployment rates so high? It seems to me it would create an even bigger chasm between the social classes. That could lead to greater violence. If Iraq grows its economy more slowly it will give the opportunity for wealth creation to the masses versus the already wealthy now. I also thought that interest rate movement was another tool in central banks tool belts. If they raise the interest rates doesn't that in turn raise exchange rate value? How will that size of an RV effect inflation after implementation?

Read more:

OK, part 2 here.

*Too high of an RV would open the door to selling the DINAR down to a price investors would want to buy it at. "In the FOREX market you can buy or sell any pair to make a profit." If you open it at a rate that investors agree is a good price to buy then you will get investment banks that will go long on these IQD pairs to establish a foot in the market and build interest on their positions.

*Three zeros this is something that I would file as propaganda to keep speculators at bay. Countries keep tight controls on monetary polices, what they really plan to do, and when they will do it. You can take the decimal statement two different ways one that moves it over on the rate exchange and the other moves it over on the paper currency. Moving it on the paper notes would be like telling your stock holders your company has over issued stocks that they can not afford to buy them back so we will just let the holders of these stocks return them to us so we may unsplit your stock 1000 times before we tell you that each stock you hold is worth 1000 times what it was????? No investor would deal with such a company or Country.

The unemployment in Iraq has been speculated around 50% with most in the poverty level living below the higher World poverty level. If 17 million Iraqi's are broke then they will love the fact that they will benefit from the oil revenues and on top of that if all these investors are focusing on Iraq, a better question will be who will the Iraqi's hire to do their dirty work once everyone has a job?

That's just the thing Currencies, such as the dinar, do not behave as stocks do.

• Upvote 1

I do read more. I see CBI (Central Bank of Iraq) reports regularly and I am paraphrasing THEIR words. The Iraqi government will have to approve the new currency, but the CBI can present it as a new currency.

WHAT YOU NEED TO READ IS SOME OF THE ARTICLES FROM "S" SAYING THAT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. HE IS THE ONE IN CHARGE OF THE CBI NOT SALEH, WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE YOU QUOTED. SHABIBI HAS ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS STATED THAT THE VALUE OF THE DINAR NEEDS TO BE RAISED! DO YOU'RE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING AND LOOKING SILLY.

I do read more. I see CBI (Central Bank of Iraq) reports regularly and I am paraphrasing THEIR words. The Iraqi government will have to approve the new currency, but the CBI can present it as a new currency.

WHAT YOU NEED TO READ IS SOME OF THE ARTICLES FROM "S" SAYING THAT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. HE IS THE ONE IN CHARGE OF THE CBI NOT SALEH, WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE YOU QUOTED. SHABIBI HAS ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS STATED THAT THE VALUE OF THE DINAR NEEDS TO BE RAISED! DO YOU'RE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING AND LOOKING SILLY.

There is far too much BS like this that desperate people try to turn into fact. I think it makes people feel good to believe in something. Remeber most people on these forums believe people lived for 600 years in biblical times, that Noah built an ark and that we that Adam and Eves offspring committed enough incest to populate the planet. So it does not suprise me when so many people take The Plan story as fact and believe what the gurus say has any basis in reality.

New Intell from the highest of sources...not a rumor

A Supreme Court in Geaorgia ruled that high school biology teachers were permitted to continue using the term 'evolution' when teaching their classes. However as a compromise, they must now refer to dinosaurs as 'jesus horses'.

See you in Hell Drunken Irish...you'll be there too keepm

• Upvote 4

New Intell from the highest of sources...not a rumor

A Supreme Court in Geaorgia ruled that high school biology teachers were permitted to continue using the term 'evolution' when teaching their classes. However as a compromise, they must now refer to dinosaurs as 'jesus horses'.

See you in Hell Drunken Irish...you'll be there too keepm

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

awesome...I want a Jesus Horse

First, let me say that I am a Christian and proud and second, I am not unrealistic to the fact that there is way too much speculation and falsities that people are buying into. Common sense dictates that there are many variables and factors that need to be played out and most people that invest into ventures like this, in general, receive a middle-of-the-road return back. (Sometimes more, sometimes less, or sometimes you lose.) I'm not delusional enough to believe that the best case scenario will play out and many Christians like myself believe the same thing. Furthermore, I find just as many non-believers (atheists, agnostics, etc) as believers (regardless of what God they serve) buying into the scams and the garbage....so religious faith has no bearing where this is concerned. So please, lets stick to the facts here and leave the insults in your mind and not on the site. Common sense says, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all." And it comes as no surprise to me that you would stereotype and classify all people of faith as unrealistic. After all, you've left spirituality behind. It's what we've come to expect from you.

• Upvote 3

:) I believe you this actually means that the IQD has been revalued a 1.134 to 1 USD. Thats awesome. I checked the website and it is credible. HAPPY NEW YEAR........

Sorry jwonder. Wish it were true but it is definitely not that. What it appears to be is a value determined for the purposes of any "working hypotheses" that the MOP wants to investigate.

It is fair, i think, to suggest that if they are using that valuation for those purposes then there is a good chance that will be in the ball park when RV occurs!

Hello, I would like to share some reading material with you all. The type of things I thought I would read when I joined.

Thanks for the post (+1) and factual analysis FXStockpiling...! Good Job...!

I do believe you're low ... and that a minimum would be $2.65 for a number of reasons. Time will tell - within a week...!

RON B)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the post (+1) and factual analysis FXStockpiling...! Good Job...!

I do believe you're low ... and that a minimum would be $2.65 for a number of reasons. Time will tell - within a week...!

RON B)

Interesting post Ron. Not too often you make such bold predictions! I do hope you have some more of that 'good oil' you've shared before; know something we don't; and are on the beam with your prediction!!

Good morning DV,

"Just a few thoughts this morning to some things i have seen"

I know this has been a roller coaster ride for the Investors in the Iraqi Dinar. All the anticipation of the new year, the new government, budget, etc... I have heard of some that have put their whole life savings into this and my thoughts are that if you are that confident then so be it. Many times we have seen currencies increase many fold overnight, the Mexican Peso went from an exchange rate of about 2000 per USD to about 12 for 1 USD and people with chests and bags full of peso's came out of the woodwork to cash in. However the ones that had not been informed or up to date on what was about to happen just missed out on around a 150 fold investment. The ones that got it? Well lets just say they had a great reason to celebrate.

Times are tough for a lot of investors, the ones that lost everything in the downturn, or the ones that lost enough in the downturn not to reinvest when markets made a rebound. Unemployment levels are high, foreclosures, homeless, suicides, etc... It is easy to see that if you got this investment right it would erase all the bad investments you have ever made no matter who you are.

How I decide to invest in something, I look at the profit to loss ratio, keep in mind all money I invest is money I have decided I could afford to lose. No doubt one million dollars paid to every one thousand invested is a great ratio here and one would want to make sure they got their fill before such an investment paid out. But as not to put all your eggs into one basket, it is always good to diversify your investments. I like what I heard about the Warka bank for those that are getting interest paid on their investment while they wait for the RV, not that impressed about the delays for getting ISX stocks issued 45 days after the order is put in but OK.

{TO RAP THIS UP HERE} If you are frustrated in this waiting game because you are tired of your day to day life or job or have too much riding on this then PLEASE take these frustrations out on a punching bag or break some dishes or something besides taking it out on those of us that post here on DV because all the negatives are already in place in day to day life, and this should be a place to be positive and keep those that have it all riding on this to keep a positive attitude. You never know how your words or actions may effect a person so be kind and supportive to those in need because you may be needing those very same people to be kind to you when it's your turn.

• Upvote 2