Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Should Children of Illegal Immigrants Automatically Be U.S. Citizens?

Qman

No. The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868 to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights were being denied as recently-freed slaves. It was written in a manner so as to prevent state governments from ever denying citizenship to blacks born in the United States. But in 1868, the United States had no formal immigration policy, and the authors therefore saw no need to address immigration explicitly in the amendment.

• Upvote 2

no, but i still support the respect the constitution.

I completely support and respect the Constitution. To bad our Liberal politicians don't support it. That is why we have the trouble with the immigrants. People have had to ask to becoame citizens in America for a long time. There are Thousands of them waiting in line to become citizens. Why would it be right to allow illegals that walk across the border and claim they have a right to become a citizen ahead of all those waiting?

That is one reason why California is broke. They are allowing illegals in, feeding them, teaching them, giving them housing, and more.

I love that many states are making immigration laws similar to Arizona.

Okay... off my soapbox now.

McMike

• Upvote 3

Nope... This law was put into place after the Civil War and was to accommodate those that were enslaved... citizenship was then granted to those that were slaves and the children therein as I recall... that time has ended and we as a country need to consider our own more... although the USA is the most generous nation in the world...

• Upvote 1

Any child born in any country has a right to it as his own place of birth and has the right of citizenship even if his parents are illegal immigrants.

But if both the child and the parents are not born in a certain country but are illegal immigrants at the same time, then this is a different story. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

Although i say no .I know it's an unrealistic expectation to keep illeagles out .i say make a national id card like a passport just like other countries. If you can't produce documentation of being born here you grt shipped home.Also they needto drop the Irs and tax everyone 1% federal tax on everything bought and sold in the usa.That way those that are illeagel are paying into the system as well as drug dealers,and other illeagal operations that way everyone pays the same amount and no ones exempt or denied services! jmo :D

• Upvote 1

Absolutely NOT.

This attempt at the DREAM ACT gave illegal aliens more entitlement than citizens. Proponets tout military service=citizenship. That went on the books in 1952! This DREAM ACT gave em 10 years to start military service! Also, illegal aliens get in-state-tuition rates for college which no legal alien nor citizen are qualified for.

No sympathy here! Illegal is illegal and fair is fair. :angry:

• Upvote 3

I am just gonna come on here and add another NO! I have been beside great men that have gone through basic training just to get their citizenship and they are very productive in the regular world too so if anyone wants to come into this country and become a citizen make them join the military... or kick their butts to the curb...

• Upvote 1