Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi threatens to quit Iraqi government

Duder

Allawi threatens to quit Iraqi government stating that "Power-sharing is not happening. "It is not set to work in a meaningful way... If it does not change, I will not participate."

Can this delay the formation of the Iraqi government being formed? Thanks!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101207/wl_mideast_afp/iraqunrestpoliticsallawi_20101207151414

If... If you guys don't quit sayin' stuff, well... I'm just gonna take my ball and go home!

Y'all are makin' me really mad.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is so very typical of that bunch of #!^@%$$ political dim-wits.

If he thinks at this point that he's going to stop the snowball from rolling downhill (now that it's 9/10s of the way down the mountain) he's living with Terry K in fantasy world... The 15th of December will happen with or w/o him. As for the RV, if Iraq is to be taken seriously in the world something has to happen soon. It ain't just us... The world is waiting. The world is applying pressure publicly now. And that's all I got to say about that. Moma says stupid is as stupid does.

• Upvote 3

Ok I'm confused..... Allawi was reported to be in London just a few days ago. So he doesn't seem to want to be part of the government until a position is ready to be assigned and then he has a hissy fit. IMO just blowing smoke.. maybe he needs to inhale instead. :wacko:

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

Cool. I feel beter now knowing that he has threatened before. Seems like someone doesn't play well with others. :)

Well, in fairness, he did win the most votes, but has not been able to form enough groups together to get the votes needed to form the gov't. Big picture, if this happened in the USA, nobody would go down without a fight. He's been promised things that he expects to get, with the help of the USA, and if he doesn't, it's not good for us in the long run either. Our soldiers have fought and died for their democracy, and if it's not a balanced gov't, then Iran is really running things and that is very bad for the US long term. I know that we all want this to RV NOW, but we also need to have the right gov't in place, or our soldiers have died in vain, which I don't think any of us want.

I didn't read the article but I'm wondering if everyone is caught on just a choice in words. Is Allawi not participating like before where he PERSONALLY was done but his bloc was still running the show without him? Or is this MY BLOC won't be there for a vote due to my perception of the power sharing not working out.