Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Scam Alert!~

Phoenix

sounds like that firm wants to be retained!!!! Yes we need to be careful of scams - they are everywhere!!! But c'mon! GE's effective tax rate last year was I believe under 5% and in some previous years "-" !!! They had a NOL - Net operating Loss here in the states where they are taxed BUT their offshore entities made BILLIONS!!!! Its only if they repatriate funds (bring them back onshore) that they are obligated to pay tax on these BILLIONS in profits.

DOESNT THIS MAKE YOU SICK???? TO think the likes of Walmart, GE, etal can legally create a situation whereby they can MILK the American consumer, defraud the taxing authorities, AND LEGALLY GET AWAY WITH IT!!!! THis is why I am not in finance anymore!

Talk about getting blood to boil! So why then, is it ok for these MNCs to do it BUT ITS NEVER OK FOR US to create viable businesses and entities in other jurisdictions and reinvest elsewhere??? Huh? Can someone tell me?

Think about it! Your NAME is a CORPORATION just like the ones named above - so why cant you do the same? I dont buy this article AT ALL. Look up the definition of individual in Black's Law Dictionary - see what it says...better yet - look up the definitions of ALL of these things in Blacks Law and see what you find - time to peel off the blinders.

Yes beware and get references, and check court citiations BUT DO NOT THINK for one second that this isnt done all the time by CORPORATE USA...ok Phew! I need a drink :rolleyes:

Have a good weekend all! And GO GO GO RV!!!

Oh and BTW thank you Phoenix for the post - however, I always pay my doctor when I go in, my dentist, chiropractor, and lawyer, CPA, why should the consult be FREE??? Dont these self-employed people deserve to get paid for their time?

I always did a free consult for 30 minutes. Then broke it down with what I think we should look at going forward. See, if the advice is given for free, they NEED your business they need you to sign for the big fee.

Ever go to a divorce lawyer without your checkbook??? lol

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

AVOIDING TRUST SCAMS - ALWAYS ASK THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY ~

It's the scam artist that takes your money - Most attorney consultations are "Free"

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2010/12/avoiding-trust-scams-always-ask-advice.html

and beware of all these different dinar forums that are wanting you to send them any money to donate to a charity in your name. or for that matter offering to set up special investment offers and any kind of special deals after RV. as for me i'm not trusting my long waited returns to anyone but me and my wife. no dinar forum owner/guru/member is getting one cent of it. we have a plan and will act accordingly when the time comes. i have waited too long for this to happen to let ANYONE take one penny of it for their own greed. it's bad enough the govt is getting a good chunk. i will be cautious and not foolish and trust no one from a forum to try and tell me where i should invest. beware their's a few in every forum waitng in the wings.

• Upvote 3

AVOIDING TRUST SCAMS - ALWAYS ASK THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY ~

It's the scam artist that takes your money - Most attorney consultations are "Free"

I'm not sure how many attorney consultations you've had, but once you retain the attorney they usually end up billing you for the free consultation anyway!

There is no such thing as "free", especially when it comes to attorneys. Anything they give you for "free" is nothing more than a pitch to get you to sign a retainer agreement, which then allows them to bill you at ridiculous rates.

But i will agree on one point - most Trusts out there are a waste of money due to how ineffective they are, if not an outright scam.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and beware of all these different dinar forums that are wanting you to send them any money to donate to a charity in your name. or for that matter offering to set up special investment offers and any kind of special deals after RV. as for me i'm not trusting my long waited returns to anyone but me and my wife. no dinar forum owner/guru/member is getting one cent of it. we have a plan and will act accordingly when the time comes. i have waited too long for this to happen to let ANYONE take one penny of it for their own greed. it's bad enough the govt is getting a good chunk. i will be cautious and not foolish and trust no one from a forum to try and tell me where i should invest. beware their's a few in every forum waitng in the wings.

Boy, ds2, you hit the nail on the head! There are too many SCAMMERS amongst us and we have to keep our head straight at ALL times. Keep Grounded and do not rush. Look how long we have waited. I hope the best for all of us.

• Upvote 2

Be careful with who you go through to setup your trust or take tax advice from. Be sure they are qualified in the area of law that they are helping you in. I have heard a few CCs on trusts and some of the experts seem to be avoiding or not directly answering some detailed questions.

If you feel that you want to verify their qualifications or want to find other people to discuss anything from trust to tax law (and everything in between) a good website is http://www.martindale.com/. At this website you can find certified lawyers in your area.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure how many attorney consultations you've had, but once you retain the attorney they usually end up billing you for the free consultation anyway!

There is no such thing as "free", especially when it comes to attorneys. Anything they give you for "free" is nothing more than a pitch to get you to sign a retainer agreement, which then allows them to bill you at ridiculous rates.

But i will agree on one point - most Trusts out there are a waste of money due to how ineffective they are, if not an outright scam.

I completely respectfully disagree with you Adam. My family has been doing trusts for many years and they are very effective. They can decrease liability for you in the event you are sued and they are a good thing to set up for children, grand children (generation skipping trust) and for yourself. It's a matter of protection for you and your family.

• Upvote 4

I completely respectfully disagree with you Adam. My family has been doing trusts for many years and they are very effective. They can decrease liability for you in the event you are sued and they are a good thing to set up for children, grand children (generation skipping trust) and for yourself. It's a matter of protection for you and your family.

Yep, I agree...

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with people respectfully disagreeing, thanks for your polite tone when doing so. :twothumbs:

I'll agree that there ARE trusts that will protect you... but my experience is that 90% of the trusts you find on the internet are about as flimsy as a straw hut. Also, going to your local attorney who specializes in everything under the sun from injury to divorce and asking for a trust probably isn't going to get you the kind of protection we need for our situation.

So... I said MOST trusts out there are a waste of money.

Are you two both saying that in your opinion MOST trusts are a great investment and actually do what they are intended to do?

I'm fine with people respectfully disagreeing, thanks for your polite tone when doing so. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I'll agree that there ARE trusts that will protect you... but my experience is that 90% of the trusts you find on the internet are about as flimsy as a straw hut. Also, going to your local attorney who specializes in everything under the sun from injury to divorce and asking for a trust probably isn't going to get you the kind of protection we need for our situation.

So... I said MOST trusts out there are a waste of money.

Are you two both saying that in your opinion MOST trusts are a great investment and actually do what they are intended to do?

It's all good Adam. I don't know the number, but there are good trusts out there for sure. We all have to do our homework, get referrals and find someone who has done them. As with anything, you are going to have people trying to exploit good people.

God bless you.

• Upvote 1

It's all good Adam. I don't know the number, but there are good trusts out there for sure. We all have to do our homework, get referrals and find someone who has done them. As with anything, you are going to have people trying to exploit good people.

God bless you.

Bless you as well, cbs71 - but you didn't answer my question and I think it's important for anyone who reads this to have a firm understanding of how to protect themselves. You made a statement that could prompt some people to have a false sense of security in Trusts - and that would be a very irresponsible thing for me to ignore.

Here's a solid number: on lawyerfind.com, they list 70 areas of practice. ONE of them is "wills/trusts".

My statement was this:

"MOST trusts are a waste of money and ineffective"

I say this because 69 out of 70 areas of law practice are NOT dedicated to forming trusts, so the MAJORITY of attorneys you will find are NOT experts.

Yes, there are good trusts out there - but I stand FIRM on my statement that MOST trusts are a waste of time and money and will NOT protect people when it really comes down to it.

To go a step further, I have spent literally over close to $20,000 researching how a trust could help with our investment. The end result is this:

The tax and legal situation surrounding our situation is so up in the air that there is no guarantee that any trust can be built to effectively handle THIS particular investment.

Can people get a blanket trust to protect their general assets? Yes.

Is there an attorney alive that knows enough about how this investment will play out to build an effective trust for our Dinar Investment? I don't think so.

(Note: Any attorney will take your money and swear up and down that they are able to cover you, but there is ALWAYS fine print that will allow them to back out if that Trust fails.)

I understand that you place a lot of faith in the attorneys you use and the trusts you have set up, and I wish you the best with them. I hope my post did not come across as an attack, because it's not - I'm just trying to protect people from falling into what is an easy mistake to make.

Best regards :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

Mr. Montana,

I respectfully disagree with your assessment on attorneys. There are some fine attorneys out there that do not bill for free consultations. I'm sorry if yours has done that to you. There are also many that understand this investment as any other investment, Its not the investment that has to be dealt with. It's the vehicle with which to protect your investment that becomes the work of the attorney. Currency investments are not new and certainly not to be feared.

For an attorney specializing in trusts, there are trusts out there that can more than protect your assets and are not a waste of time. I have two trusts now that do exactly what the folks on this site are looking for. Be careful what you claim or state as truth. If you spent $20,000 researching trusts and come to the conclusions you post, you wasted a lot of money needlessly.

Is there an attorney alive that knows how this investment will play out to build an effective trust. YES! Just because you do not know one does not mean there isn't one.

Mr. Montana,

I respectfully disagree with your assessment on attorneys. There are some fine attorneys out there that do not bill for free consultations. I'm sorry if yours has done that to you. There are also many that understand this investment as any other investment, Its not the investment that has to be dealt with. It's the vehicle with which to protect your investment that becomes the work of the attorney. Currency investments are not new and certainly not to be feared.

For an attorney specializing in trusts, there are trusts out there that can more than protect your assets and are not a waste of time. I have two trusts now that do exactly what the folks on this site are looking for. Be careful what you claim or state as truth. If you spent $20,000 researching trusts and come to the conclusions you post, you wasted a lot of money needlessly.

Is there an attorney alive that knows how this investment will play out to build an effective trust. YES! Just because you do not know one does not mean there isn't one.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I can say for 100% fact that I've spent more money and time on attorneys than 99% of the population, and they ALWAYS get paid for their time. You might not see it on the first bill, but they will weasel it in there somehow.

Best of luck to you.

i believe you are operating on faith there, rather than fact. I put my faith in one man, and that man is not an attorney :lol:

Again - best of luck.

• Upvote 1

You are entitled to your opinion.

I can say for 100% fact that I've spent more money and time on attorneys than 99% of the population, and they ALWAYS get paid for their time. You might not see it on the first bill, but they will weasel it in there somehow.

Best of luck to you.

i believe you are operating on faith there, rather than fact. I put my faith in one man, and that man is not an attorney :lol:

Again - best of luck.

I have to wonder why you spend so much on attorneys, but, that's between you and them :lol:

I operate on faith every day of my life! And it could be that putting your trust in "one man" rather than God is the issue at hand.

I don't require luck to guide me. But thanks for the offer.

God Bless you Adam

• Upvote 3

Bless you as well, cbs71 - but you didn't answer my question and I think it's important for anyone who reads this to have a firm understanding of how to protect themselves. You made a statement that could prompt some people to have a false sense of security in Trusts - and that would be a very irresponsible thing for me to ignore.

Here's a solid number: on lawyerfind.com, they list 70 areas of practice. ONE of them is "wills/trusts".

My statement was this:

I say this because 69 out of 70 areas of law practice are NOT dedicated to forming trusts, so the MAJORITY of attorneys you will find are NOT experts.

Yes, there are good trusts out there - but I stand FIRM on my statement that MOST trusts are a waste of time and money and will NOT protect people when it really comes down to it.

To go a step further, I have spent literally over close to $20,000 researching how a trust could help with our investment. The end result is this:

The tax and legal situation surrounding our situation is so up in the air that there is no guarantee that any trust can be built to effectively handle THIS particular investment.

Is there an attorney alive that knows enough about how this investment will play out to build an effective trust for our Dinar Investment? I don't think so.

(Note: Any attorney will take your money and swear up and down that they are able to cover you, but there is ALWAYS fine print that will allow them to back out if that Trust fails.)

I understand that you place a lot of faith in the attorneys you use and the trusts you have set up, and I wish you the best with them. I hope my post did not come across as an attack, because it's not - I'm just trying to protect people from falling into what is an easy mistake to make.

Best regards tip_hat.gif

Again, everyone here should be "adult" enough to make their own decisions. I for one thinks that irrevocable trusts should be looked for protection of your assets, family, etc. And on top of that, we prevent any type of probate which could cost alot of money. Now, you don't need to go to a high priced lawyer to draw on up yourself. However, one should take a look at that if there was one type of trust I would recommend. Again, I am not a advisor of any sort, but just offering some suggestions.

For insurance protection of our new found wealth, I would also take a look at CDARS. As with anything, you have to do your homework and get as much information as possible before considering any type of investment. My faith is NOT in lawyers my friend, but only in GOD, because he will NEVER let you down. I wish everyone well in their future endeavors and hope and trust that they will do all they can in regards to protecting their assest and more importantly, their family.

Appreciate your opinion Adam and I did not take any offense to your statement. This is what the internet boards is all about. Have a blessed day.

Curtis

No Trust is safe , I have seen a living trust destroyed buy a lawyer who had the judge in his pocket , I'm sure they the attorney's and the judge conspired , At the begining the judge slap's restraining orders on the trustee's of the trust , this stop the protection of the trust wether the trustee has an attorney or not . The attorney that is supposed pertect the trust become the wolf in sheeps clothing , and then the stage is set for the robbery . The lawyers will lie, slander, cheat while the jugde watches the circus . Lawyers will drag it out for years charging you fee's that will cause you great contipation !! Here in my home town of Santa Maria California i have seen it happen . There is so much coruption to the core in your local court house common citizens just don't know about . I have seen this first hand , Your better off making a irevocable liviving trust they are a little bit safer , the key point is when your { CAPACITY } STOPS !! YOUR TRUST IS DEAD IN THE WATER ,AND YOUR COLD FEET GET EATEN BY THE SHARKS !

My statement was this:

Best regards :tiphat:

I agree in that you need to find a specific trust advisor to handle your money. I would never in a million years have a trust drawn up from someone over the internet. My family only uses highly thought of accountants, attorneys and tax specialists to protect our money. When you say that there are no attorneys that are knowledgeable of this investment(specifically Dinars), you may be correct , but I think most of us are going to cash out. When you have your money in cash, you don't need an attorney specifically specializing in Dinars. Cash is cash as I'm sure you will agree. We have no fine print in our trusts and we have payed an attorney to represent us in the event someone tries to aquire our money via the trust. It is impenetrable and no one will be able to touch a dime. I believe after the RV, most of us will have the funds to aquire a very good legal expert along with a very good tax advisor that will set things up in a manner that is in the best interest of their client. Just as a side note, our trusts cost more than $20,000 to set up with our accountant and attorney, so we have made sure there are no loopholes in any of the documents. Basically what I am saying is that I don't completely agree with you but at the same time agree with you. One just has to do their research and use "the best" when it comes to setting up a trust. It's better to spend the money up front than let it bite you in the rear later. As always, in any aspect of life, you get what you pay for.