Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Dinars?

syzygy

Are you sure their from Iraq and does mean they are starting to be disbursed?

If you click on the image to get the properties it is a new image created 11/20/2010

It is named "denr45211.jpg" and in the desciption in the link it has the words: "new" and "watermark"

So it looks like a new image and not an older stock image.

The image is low def and would appear to have been taken with a cell phone camera.

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 2

Here is an image with the bills labeled. The only thing that concerns me is if the RV comes in at $3 plus, then the 500 dinar bills are like $1,500 bills. Who's going to be carrying these things around? If they are still printing 500 dinar bills, this may not bode well for a high exchange rate.

Here is an image with the bills labeled. The only thing that concerns me is if the RV comes in at $3 plus, then the 500 dinar bills are like $1,500 bills. Who's going to be carrying these things around? If they are still printing 500 dinar bills, this may not bode well for a high exchange rate.

No, but it bodes well for a .85-1.00 exchange rate. That's a high one.

• Upvote 2

I agree with the denominations listed above. If these are truly the new bills, It means that ALL of the current bills we hold will be replaced, not just the larger bills with the zeros. Therefore, the current 500, 250 and 50 dinar bills that some of us currently hold will most likely NOT remain in circulation indefinitely as some have suggested.

Question? Do these 500 dinar bills look the same as the ones that are currently in circulation, or are these completely different?

It appears they are already selling the new Iraqi dinar coins on E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRAQ-NEW-20-x-100-DINAR-COINS-IRAQI-CURRENCY-UNC-/300399452518?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item45f133e166

Other denomination coins can be seen at E-bay, too.

I have seen these coins on ebay for years now....sorry the coins are not new

They may be old ones that were previously printed. Let's hope.

Fantastic job!

I would not be too worried about the 500 notes.

We must remember that this is a growing economy that in rural areas is cash based.

Our own nation as we were growing had $10,000 dollar notes!

And that was back when men with good paying jobs were getting paid $2 a day!

You could buy a home at that time here in the US on 10 ac. of land for $500.

fwiw

Thanks for that great work!

Phoenix

• Upvote 1

Question? Do these 500 dinar bills look the same as the ones that are currently in circulation, or are these completely different?

They are completely different. They are in the bottom right of the picture showing the currency. They are marked with a large ٥٠٠ (That's a circle, dot, dot if you can't see those characters) The Arabic numbers 500

Phoenix, if the picture is from a cell phone, where do you think it came from and does this mean it is beginning to be put out in circulation yet?

My guess is the journalist was the one who took the pic but if not then someone in one of the banks sent it to the press as a picture message from their phone.

Word is they are in the banks...and have been for a while.

The day that the CBI announces the RV they will be placed in circulation right then.

Maybe this week?

Phoenix

• Upvote 2

so much clearer to see...great job labeling...thanks

• Upvote 2

Hey Manny, you beat me to it. I woke up this morning and this was the first post I read. As I read down the thread and saw the larger "enhanced" pic, I know immediately what they were. I broke out the camera phone, pulled a couple of bills out of my wallet and snapped a pic of them.

The top is one of the new 100's. Below that is a newer 10, and below that is an older 10. They ARE Saudi Riyals!

Thanks for stealing my glory newb! :lol: J.K. Good eye.....

post-8644-129023887923_thumb.jpg

BOut time..As long a I can get out more thaan I put in...they are doing a great job...beautiful work....I'll play switch-a- roo let their minds relax...walk here walk there saying yes we want our money...Ooo you say its falling from the sky now?...I'll pick it up