Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Babylon

Mikki-RN

What is amazing to me in all this is how the Bible is quite literally coming true before our eyes. It was always easy to say we shouldn't take it so literally, but ten years ago no one would have thought all this would be taking place either. One thing I would say though is this, the times we live in have woke many to the perilous situation our country is in. Do not go back to sleep my friends and compatriots when this thing RV's. Stay active and vigilant in all processes in this country. I think a lot of folks are counting on us to go away with our new found wealth when this is over. Don't let it be so for our future generation sake. I pray that this is the beginning of a new American renaissance, not the ending of a problem for the powers that be. God Bless and see ya after RV!

Well, again, amazing? Yes! Am I amazed? No, because it is written. Everything that has happened and it currently happening is in the Bible. Nothing is new. Must remember to put God first in everything we do. Let's not only continue to pray for us, but for the country of Iraq and its people. We are truly blessed to be in the position we are in.

God bless all!

Well, again, amazing? Yes! Am I amazed? No, because it is written.

...it's kinda like when we were kids on christmas morning. We all knew there were presents down there under the tree, nevertheless, we all came running down those stairs and stared in amazement at the tree with the gifts underneath! How awesome a gift it is these days to see God's word come to pass!!!

Originally Babylon was the home of the first Monotheism (One God) religion and the beast from Revelations is even there. The Jewish races left Persia to start Judaism and from Judaism came Christianity from Christianity came Islam.

Islam did not come from Christianity.

Ya, Sadam tried to rebuild the tower of Bable. Now look what happened to Sadam! If the Lord says a city or people will not rise again, or until the time of His choosing, than it will not happen unless He wills it to be. Did you know that Israel reformed to the exact day that was spoke of in the Bible. No man could have made this happen. Everything is exact and perfect according to His plan.

Edited by Officer151
  • Upvote 1

Daniel 3

The Image of Gold and the Blazing Furnace

1 King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold, sixty cubits high and six cubits wide,[a] and set it up on the plain of Dura in the province of Babylon. 2 He then summoned the satraps, prefects, governors, advisers, treasurers, judges, magistrates and all the other provincial officials to come to the dedication of the image he had set up. 3 So the satraps, prefects, governors, advisers, treasurers, judges, magistrates and all the other provincial officials assembled for the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up, and they stood before it.

Daniel 5 (New International Version)

Daniel 5

The Writing on the Wall

1 King Belshazzar gave a great banquet for a thousand of his nobles and drank wine with them. 2 While Belshazzar was drinking his wine, he gave orders to bring in the gold and silver goblets that Nebuchadnezzar his father[a] had taken from the temple in Jerusalem, so that the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines might drink from them. 3 So they brought in the gold goblets that had been taken from the temple of God in Jerusalem, and the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines drank from them. 4 As they drank the wine, they praised the gods of gold and silver, of bronze, iron, wood and stone.

5 Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall, near the lampstand in the royal palace. The king watched the hand as it wrote. 6 His face turned pale and he was so frightened that his legs became weak and his knees were knocking.

7 The king summoned the enchanters, astrologers and diviners. Then he said to these wise men of Babylon, “Whoever reads this writing and tells me what it means will be clothed in purple and have a gold chain placed around his neck, and he will be made the third highest ruler in the kingdom.”

8 Then all the king’s wise men came in, but they could not read the writing or tell the king what it meant. 9 So King Belshazzar became even more terrified and his face grew more pale. His nobles were baffled.

10 The queen,[c] hearing the voices of the king and his nobles, came into the banquet hall. “May the king live forever!” she said. “Don’t be alarmed! Don’t look so pale! 11 There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him. In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods. Your father, King Nebuchadnezzar, appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers and diviners. 12 He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”

13 So Daniel was brought before the king, and the king said to him, “Are you Daniel, one of the exiles my father the king brought from Judah? 14 I have heard that the spirit of the gods is in you and that you have insight, intelligence and outstanding wisdom. 15 The wise men and enchanters were brought before me to read this writing and tell me what it means, but they could not explain it. 16 Now I have heard that you are able to give interpretations and to solve difficult problems. If you can read this writing and tell me what it means, you will be clothed in purple and have a gold chain placed around your neck, and you will be made the third highest ruler in the kingdom.”

17 Then Daniel answered the king, “You may keep your gifts for yourself and give your rewards to someone else. Nevertheless, I will read the writing for the king and tell him what it means.

18 “Your Majesty, the Most High God gave your father Nebuchadnezzar sovereignty and greatness and glory and splendor. 19 Because of the high position he gave him, all the nations and peoples of every language dreaded and feared him. Those the king wanted to put to death, he put to death; those he wanted to spare, he spared; those he wanted to promote, he promoted; and those he wanted to humble, he humbled. 20 But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. 21 He was driven away from people and given the mind of an animal; he lived with the wild donkeys and ate grass like the ox; and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven, until he acknowledged that the Most High God is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and sets over them anyone he wishes.

22 “But you, Belshazzar, his son,[d] have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this. 23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them. You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways. 24 Therefore he sent the hand that wrote the inscription.

25 “This is the inscription that was written:

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN

26 “Here is what these words mean:

Mene[e]: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

27 Tekel[f]: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

28 Peres[g]: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”

Man is often consumed by chasing wealth. This is stated in the Bible as well. We are starting in the end times. It takes years to grow a forest but minutes to have it burn to ashes. We all ned to be responsible stewards with our new found wealth and ask God for guidance on how to best further the kingdom of God with our blessings. GO God and GO RV!! B)

I agree! It is often observed that "money is the root of all evil." God want's you to have a life of abundance, rather than a life of poverty. HOWEVER....When one puts "for the love of money" above God, he will surely meet a poverished end. In general, people don't want money, they want want money can allow them to do, be, or have. This will not be our individual wealth - It's God's and through his grace, he has loaned it to us! It is a blessing to everyone and you do need to be a responsible steward. Go ahead and flatter him by being responsible...because you will then being singing praise that is sweet music to his ears! ;)

• Upvote 1

I agree! It is often observed that "money is the root of all evil." God want's you to have a life of abundance, rather than a life of poverty. HOWEVER....When one puts "for the love of money" above God, he will surely meet a poverished end. In general, people don't want money, they want want money can allow them to do, be, or have. This will not be our individual wealth - It's God's and through his grace, he has loaned it to us! It is a blessing to everyone and you do need to be a responsible steward. Go ahead and flatter him by being responsible...because you will then being singing praise that is sweet music to his ears! ;)

Very well said!

Revelation 17 (New International Version)

Revelation 17

Babylon, the Prostitute on the Beast

1 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

BABYLON THE GREAT

THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES

AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7 Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

9 “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

12 “The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. 13 They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

15 Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. 16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled. 18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

New International Version (NIV)

I posted this link in the thread that got removed about "Iraq and the Bible"............. It is amazing to be alive during this period of time ! & recognizing the times .. The Bible has never been wrong ,out of date or inaccurate and never will .. B)

http://www.placesofrefuge.com/main/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=43

• Upvote 1

I thought since we have had such great news this morning, that I would add to that. When I woke up and turned on the television, Rev. David Jeremiah was presenting a message on Iraq becoming the new Babylon. He went into great detail about it becoming the hub of World trade and finance. I know many out there do not have an interest in the religious aspects of this investment, but to believers it is a definite! Very coincidental that this message was presented today, as we are finally seeing some progress. Blessings to all.....I think we are extremely close!

hello hello

babylon is a real city in iraq already and yes its the 1 they speak of in the bible

Babylon was a city, not a country. plus Babylon was located in Iran

you mean located in iraq srry

its about 250 miles south of bagdad

• Upvote 1

Babylon was a city, not a country. plus Babylon was located in Iran

I think you need to look at a map, Babylon is in Iraq. Saddam Hussein was rebuilding it.

WM13

Sorry, was just reading down the page and got to that and felt I needed to respond.

Edited by waterman13