Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I am a little nervous

saphire

Everyday I see another article about someone finding a greener, cheaper energy source. I am afraid if they don't move their butts with the RV that their oil reserves will be obsolete.

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about their oil reserves. Worry about their oil contracts which expire tomorrow.

Everyday I see another article about someone finding a greener, cheaper energy source. I am afraid if they don't move their butts with the RV that their oil reserves will be obsolete.

Any thoughts?

You can't fly jets with "green" fuel....there will ALWAYS be a demand for oil...

• Upvote 1

Any thoughts?

Come on give me a break, this will not happen in our life time. Maybe in a couple of hundred years :lol::lol:

• Upvote 2

No threat there, fortunately for us, unfortunately for the planet. Just this week the downscaling of windpower rollout projections from some biggies helped bring the US stock market down. Good thought, though. Just drink herbal tea instead of coffee once in a while, lol. Nervousness go bye, brush off the welcome mat for Mr. & Ms. arRVee!

• Upvote 1

No problem tracytferrall :

A partial list of products made from Petroleum (144 of 6000 items)

One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like:

Solvents

Diesel fuel

Motor Oil

Bearing Grease

Ink

Floor Wax

Ballpoint Pens

Football Cleats

Upholstery

Sweaters

Boats

Insecticides

Bicycle Tires

Sports Car Bodies

Nail Polish

Fishing lures

Dresses

Tires

Golf Bags

Perfumes

Cassettes

Dishwasher parts

Tool Boxes

Shoe Polish

Motorcycle Helmet

Caulking

Petroleum Jelly

Transparent Tape

CD Player

Faucet Washers

Antiseptics

Clothesline

Curtains

Food Preservatives

Basketballs

Soap

Vitamin Capsules

Antihistamines

Purses

Shoes

Dashboards

Cortisone

Deodorant

Footballs

Putty

Dyes

Panty Hose

Refrigerant

Percolators

Life Jackets

Rubbing Alcohol

Linings

Skis

TV Cabinets

Shag Rugs

Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks

Car Battery Cases

Epoxy

Paint

Mops

Slacks

Insect Repellent

Oil Filters

Umbrellas

Yarn

Fertilizers

Hair Coloring

Roofing

Toilet Seats

Fishing Rods

Lipstick

Denture Adhesive

Linoleum

Ice Cube Trays

Synthetic Rubber

Speakers

Plastic Wood

Electric Blankets

Glycerin

Tennis Rackets

Rubber Cement

Fishing Boots

Dice

Nylon Rope

Candles

Trash Bags

House Paint

Water Pipes

Hand Lotion

Roller Skates

Surf Boards

Shampoo

Wheels

Paint Rollers

Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings

Luggage

Aspirin

Safety Glasses

Antifreeze

Football Helmets

Awnings

Eyeglasses

Clothes

Toothbrushes

Ice Chests

Footballs

Combs

CD's & DVD's

Paint Brushes

Detergents

Vaporizers

Balloons

Sun Glasses

Tents

Heart Valves

Crayons

Parachutes

Telephones

Enamel

Pillows

Dishes

Cameras

Anesthetics

Artificial Turf

Artificial limbs

Bandages

Dentures

Model Cars

Folding Doors

Hair Curlers

Cold cream

Movie film

Soft Contact lenses

Drinking Cups

Fan Belts

Car Enamel

Shaving Cream

Ammonia

Refrigerators

Golf Balls

Toothpaste

Gasoline

Thanks for the post tracytferrall

http://www.ranken-energy.com/Products%20from%20Petroleum.htm

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't worry about their oil reserves. Worry about their oil contracts which expire tomorrow.

I agree we all will be old retires or dead before the world no longer uses oil. No matter of it makes more sense to use greener renewable resources oil is embedded in our way of life. It won't and can't disappear over night.

Any thoughts?

Not in this generation ... while there are quite a few alternatives ... none are being pursued with a vengance. Green is a great concept that was seized upon by a couple of groups to tie the hands of all ... Gore is a joke and has been shown to be a liar. Don't get me wrong treating our planet better, being better stewards of what we have, recycling, etc are all things that should have been done for years.

Hydrogen is two decades away. Wind isn't practical everywhere ... solar either and isn't any good at night without underground salts ... photovoltaic is still too expensive although coming along as shingles. Batteries are a joke and waaaaaaaaaay to expensive ... electric cars will be alright provided we don't all buy them or night will be peak time (while we all charge) i.e. they aren't the solution ... now diesel powered electric (like trains) and diesel hydraulics are viable and cheap but big oil doesn't want it.

Did you know that just changing every vehicle to diesel (preferrably turbo-diesel) would allow the US to NOT IMPORT A SINGLE BARREL OF OIL EVER AGAIN? (History Channel Factoid). How about changing one lightbulb per household to a flourescent is the equivalent of removing 800,000 autos from the roads (I believe I have this right ... another History Channel Factoid ... might be a decimal point off but the point is the same) ... of course, we could all go flourescent or LED for the entire house and be the equivalent of what 16Million cars off of the road. These are simple things we can do ... but who knows (or cares) about doing them? ... I mean besides me!

To sum it all up ... relax ... ain't happening now!

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 2