Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Phoenix Update: October 3rd 2010

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Great Post!!!! It was a true pleasure to read and thanks for the follow up comments.

One comment for the rest of the DV TEAM

The importance of Monday's Oil Reserve announcement is far more significant than most can imagine, particularly when it comes to RATE. For example, If the reserves triple to 350 Billion from 115 Billion like many expect, , their deployment options just tripled. MORE IMPORTANTLY HOWEVER, THE COUNTRIES VALUATION SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES --- COMBINE THAT WITH THE IMF'S RECENT SBA QUOTA BUMP FROM 100% TO 200%, IRAQ COULD FIND IT EASIER TO JUSTIFY A MUCH HIGHER OPENING RATE -- JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Again, great post and keep them coming!!!

Best regards,

Scooter

Absolutely B)

OK, this is your explanation of the "Revaluation" portion of the "LOP/RV" theory :blink:

Where is the part about how the LOP fits in ??? :huh:

A classic "LOP" is when a nation removes the zeros from a currency...or "LOPs" off the zeros.

But with this "novel solution" for Iraq the removal of all of the larger notes (three zero notes) by replacing them with lower denominations is the "LOP" part of this event.

You see in the historical situations where other nations did what is called the "LOP" a revaluation did not happen at the same time and the older high denomination currency being turned in was not honored at a higher rate (revaluation rate).

But as explained...Iraq being the weathiest nation on earth with some of the lowest debt on earth is a "novel situation" and this requires nothing less than the forthcoming "novel solution" we are about to see.

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 5

Here is the Key issue at hand IMHO, if Iraq comes out Monday with estimates that elevate their estimated Oil reserves from 4th in the World up to Saudi levels, (or greater), then the average Iraqi citizen is going to receive a government stipend exceeding SIX figures in USD. Although Iraq has a long road to develop their infrastructure, what they do not have is very important,.... They DO NOT HAVE a upper echelon of Royal Family to support!! (Anyone familiar with the Middle East understands how much this siphons from budgets).

Iraq has been designed to be as free and open as we could ever hope for; utilizing Western style accounting, trades, and practices. (Imagine the audacity of placing a Democracy in the midst of Theocratic Rule).

Iraq has other National Assets as well: Fresh water In Kurdistan, Lush Farmland between the Tigris and Euphrates and a lot of Natural Gas, and a Higher Level Education System!

A little back Ground about how I got into this investment

I acquired my Dinar "In-Country" in early 2004, due to a very high level conversation that I was fortunate enough to overhear,... and since then it has been in a cabinet waiting for the "Moon and Stars" to line up.

Like many of you, I had the fever Until some time towards the end of 2005 when "W" stated that the war would be paid for after his time in office expired, (Detectives call that a clue), as the months and years rolled by there was nothing to peak my interest until Vice P Biden started spouting off about the "Summer of Recovery", (Based on what Joe?), then he doubled down when he said he and the Pres would pay off the National Debt within a year (HMMMM).

It can easily be argued that VP Biden made the 08 ticket due to his "Hand on the pulse" of Iraq (How many remember Biden and company flying over to Iraq immediately after the 06 elections to demand that Iraq renegotiate Oil contracts and/to include China?? side note: many thought at that time his actions were unlawful as the election had handed control to the Dems, but they had yet to be seated).

I think for those that are awake and engaged in the current domestic politics here, there can be no mistaking that this current US administration in up to their eyes in the Internal Iraqi politics (It would take a "Willful Suspension of Disbelief" for me to think otherwise!). I also feel that their "Handling" of this election fiaco has enabled a culture to do what they do best, and that is to string things out until they fell they have no other option then to make a decision (all the while positioning themselves to be in a position to win big). Westerners have always had the flaw of expediency!

In order for Babylon to make Dubai look like Detroit,... (I think I agree with Phoenix in the following,..)

At present: 1 IQD = 0.000620945 EUR / 1 EUR = 1,610.45 IQD and 1 IQD = 0.000855286 USD / 1 USD = 1,169.20 IQD

Then deleting the "Three Zeros" could be assumed as 1 IQD = 0.620945 EUR / 1 EUR = 1.61 IQD[/b] and 1 IQD = 0.855286 USD / 1 USD = 1.16 IQD

However, That would still put them at or near the bottom of the other GCC countries, and would not reflect their Natural Resources, so they would have to have the IMF accept their estimates of Wealth (which is what the report on Monday should contain), and this would place them either at Bahrain, 1 BHD = 2.65220 USD / 1 USD = 0.377045 BHD which I believe has been Scooters analysis.

The Iraqi populace has no Idea what is headed their way!

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Phoenix,

Great Post!!!! It was a true pleasure to read and thanks for the follow up comments.

The importance of Monday's Oil Reserve announcement is far more significant than most can imagine, particularly when it comes to RATE. For example, If the reserves triple to 350 Billion from 115 Billion like many expect, , their deployment options just tripled. MORE IMPORTANTLY HOWEVER, THE COUNTRIES VALUATION SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES --- COMBINE THAT WITH THE IMF'S RECENT SBA QUOTA BUMP FROM 100% TO 200%, IRAQ COULD FIND IT EASIER TO JUSTIFY A MUCH HIGHER OPENING RATE -- JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Best regards,

Scooter

No kiddin', Man. The oil reserve announcement was the first news article I read this morning. Word is that reserves are very signicantly higher than previously thought. That is pretty exciting.

Glad to have you back, bud.

Maynard

A classic "LOP" is when a nation removes the zeros from a currency...or "LOPs" off the zeros.

But with this "novel solution" for Iraq the removal of all of the larger notes (three zero notes) by replacing them with lower denominations is the "LOP" part of this event.

You see in the historical situations where other nations did what is called the "LOP" a revaluation did not happen at the same time and the older high denomination currency being turned in was not honored at a higher rate (revaluation rate).

But as explained...Iraq being the weathiest nation on earth with some of the lowest debt on earth is a "novel situation" and this requires nothing less than the forthcoming "novel solution" we are about to see.

Phoenix

OK, I understand what you are refering to now, thank you :)

but, technically that is not a traditional LOP(redenomination), it is specifically the smaller denominations being added to the same currency (not a replacement currency) and larger denominations being retired just like a USD $1,000 note today if it was turned in would be cancelled, but still is legal tender. Correct? :)

• Upvote 1

Phoenix,

Best regards,

Scooter

We would all love to see this RV come in at the Bahrain rate of $2.58 per you previous postings and this new oil news may be just what justifies it.

Thanks Scooter!!!!

GO RV!!!!

• Upvote 1

OK, I understand what you are refering to now, thank you :)

but, technically that is not a traditional LOP(redenomination), it is specifically the smaller denominations being added to the same currency (not a replacement currency) and larger denominations being retired just like a USD $1,000 note today if it was turned in would be cancelled, but still is legal tender. Correct? :)

Correct......and not being the traditional LOP (redenomination) and being a "novel solution' and seeing that this "novel solution" has never been used by any nation before is the reason for the absence of any and all historical models that one could apply to Iraq's situation.

And that lack of historical comparision is where the fear and confusion comes from.

This is will be something never before seen...but by all means sound and effective.

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 1

Good post!! i'm trying to follow all of this. So if we have a time limit to cash in, will our US banks excepted it? what if they wont. will we be stuck with worthless dinar? or i guess would we sell back to the dinar dealers. if the banks wouldnt still except it.? sorry if i sound dumb just curious

Solid as Phoenix intel is, he seemed to have omitted this fact. The CBI Official said recently that they will allow between ONE and TWO YEARS to exchange the higher dominations. It is going to be treated as the USA treated the $1000 Notes.

Thanks Mr Phoenix. Your post is the best l seen for a long time. Very loud & clear.

Phoenix,

Best regards,

Scooter

As always, Thanks Scooter for the tidbits and always posting your findings.....This is one heck of a thread. Thanks guys. :D

Solid as Phoenix intel is, he seemed to have omitted this fact. The CBI Official said recently that they will allow between ONE and TWO YEARS to exchange the higher dominations. It is going to be treated as the USA treated the $1000 Notes.

Thanks Mr Phoenix. Your post is the best l seen for a long time. Very loud & clear.

I'm sure you meant denominations. I would soooo love to see a link for that! ;)

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here is how it works.

When they do this...they revalue the Dinar at the same time as the reissue.

So as an example if it they set the exchange rate of the Iraqi Dinar at 1 IQD = $1 then your 25,000 dinar notes will be worth $25,000 each at that time.

So that is the revaluation.

Now IF you were in Iraq you would EXCHANGE that 25,000 dinar note for the lower denominations and if you were to get a stack of 1 Dinar notes for that 25,000 dinar note each one of those 1 dinar notes would be worth $1

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! It's nice to read others parallel thoughts on the dinar. If I am understanding you correctly, then there would be no need for out of country (U.S.) investors to exchange the larger notes. Only those in Iraq would be in need of the smaller denominations for the purpose of "Everyday Purchases". Amazing how so much clarity is surfacing in what I believe to be climax of this investment. My fingers are patiently crossed.

Thanks Phoenix for the post and for all of the information that you have shared with us all...

Thanks Scooter for the heads up on the announcment on the oil reserve for what significance it has with our investment..

.Lets get this ball rolling.. GO RV

• Upvote 1

Thanks Phoenix! It's nice to read others parallel thoughts on the dinar. If I am understanding you correctly, then there would be no need for out of country (U.S.) investors to exchange the larger notes. Only those in Iraq would be in need of the smaller denominations for the purpose of "Everyday Purchases". Amazing how so much clarity is surfacing in what I believe to be climax of this investment. My fingers are patiently crossed.

Correct.

All we as investors outside of Iraq will need to do is take our larger denominations to the banks accepting IQD and exchange/deposit into our proper personal accounts.

• Upvote 1

Great posting and it does explain plenty. Everyone seems to be so confident. I am always a cautious worrier. :unsure:

For several weeks, after listening to Ali's (Dinar Trade), last interviews regarding NOT offering the lower denom's because of "shipping costs", I started to worry. It has not set easy with me. He stated that he does not order the lower denom's because they are too expensive to have shipped, ect. He offers everything else under the sun in regards to Foreign currency, gold bars, which are very heavy, and all sorts of great services, bust just still curious about that one thing. How can the "experts" on here that have been doing research, be so 100% positive this RV is going to happen this way with regards to the money and the dropping of zeros? Would it be so far fetched and crazy to think that they (Iraq) are trying to sell as many HIGHER denoms as possible before the RV? Ali has ties to Irag correct? He is trying to open a bank there correct? He deals with only CBI and will honor CBI rate correct? Does he work for CBI in Iraq? He sounds very friendly and down to earth, but worry if he knows a little more than we may know.

Please do not take this as me knocking any particular view or explanation, I am just looking at things in all angles. I really appreciate these postings. I have learned a lot.

• Upvote 1

Correct.

All we as investors outside of Iraq will need to do is take our larger denominations to the banks accepting IQD and exchange/deposit into our proper personal accounts.

Hi Phoenix,

Your post is the most I have ever understood anything here, thankyou! But I read through this whole 4 page(so far) thread, and my understanding keeps getting mixed up. When you said just here to "NoPresha" the above statemen, you also mean that we also have a time limit to exchange those 25,000 dinar notes in, correct? This is what i first understood earlier in the thread, and then a little bit later still the same,but now it didn't seem that NoPresha thought there to be a time limit for exchanging? Or did you know that NoPresha? I'm sorry, I just want to be clear. I am hoping that my Bank of America here in Southern California will exchange these dinar notes when it RVs, because I am in the process of moving to San Diego as we speak, and it will be a bit of a drive to go up to Dinar Trade in Santa Monica.

Thanks,

Mel

Just a FEW questions!!!! Will the 50 dinar convert to .05,the 250 to.2.5,500 to .5; and what about the dinars in the banks in Iraq???? Will they lop the dinars????If you have 1,000,000,will they convert to 1,000???,and if the great citizens of Iraq have as little as 1,000,will they convert to 1. JUST WONDERING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Downvote 3

So then if "I" do undertand correctly, and we "will" only have a short amount of time(months) to exchange our larger 25,000 dinar bills in, then I guess I will go to wheverever I can once the RV hits to get whatever my 25,000 dinar bill is worth;

thanks for your posts Phoenix,

Mel