Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq’s banking system grows 15.1% in 2023 to $156.7 billion

The new headquarters of the Central Bank of Iraq in Baghdad. Photo: AFP

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) – By the end of 2023, the total assets of the Iraqi banking system had grown by 15.1% annually to $156.7 billion. This was mostly driven, according to Rabee Securities, by the 15.3% increase in deposits to $101.9 billion.

The largest contributor to overall deposit growth was current deposits, which increased 17.2% to $82.1 billion and accounted for 80.5% of all deposits in the banking system.

Additionally, the total deposits of the private sector climbed by 14.7% in 2023 to reach $43.2 billion, while the deposits of Iraq’s Central Government increased by 22.7% to $36.1 billion and the deposits of public institutions increased by 6.1% to $22.6 billion.

“As a measure to control the FX flow into the banking system, the CBI now allows a limited number of banks to participate in the CBI foreign currency window and engage in USD transactions,” said Aysegul Ozge Ozgur, Head of Research at Rabee Securities

“National Bank of Iraq, Bank of Baghdad, and Al-Mansour Bank are among these banks that have been permitted to engage in such activities, thus, they are benefiting from an expanded market share in USD transactions,” added Ozgur.

There are 61 commercial banking institutions in Iraq, according to Rabee Securities, made up of 54 private banks (25 non-Islamic and 29 Islamic) and 7 state banks (one Islamic and six non-Islamic).

In terms of Return on Average Equity (ROAE) and Return on Average Assets (ROAA), the National Bank of Iraq, Bank of Baghdad, and Al-Mansour Bank are among the most profitable ISX-listed banks. In 2023, their balance sheets and income statements showed remarkable development.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, southbeach said:

Are you saying any bank stock at Al Karmal has less fees than Rabee?

No I think rabee charge for reports etc where all Karmal doesn’t but I also think there is huge buy in to get started? You have to compare the both! 

• Thanks 1

I transferred my equities from Al-Warka Bank and Finance to Al Karmal back in 2016 as I was tired of the poor service a Warka. I'm happy that I did as Al Karmal has been of good service. Unfortunately when you tranfer funds into Karmal you have to use Swift to move $ into an account at Citi Bank under a gaurdian account. Then the funds get moved on to Bank of Baghdad and then into your Al Karmal ISX account. This is the most recent email 3/12/24 from Al Karmal on funding. Hope that this answers some of your questions.

If you wish to fund your account with international money transfer to Karmal's account with Bank Of Baghdad please use the below info :-

- Corresponding  Bank  : CITI BANK N.A

- With address  : NEW YORK_USA

- SWIFT CODE : CITIUS33XXX

- Credit to Beneficiary's Bank in iraq: BANK OF BAGHDAD / MAIN BRANCH .

- SWIFT CODE: BABIIQBA

- Beneficiary name : Karmal Stock exchange

- Beneficiary Address : Iraq  - Baghdad  - Al Karada  –    903  / 14 / 6  Near  Badalat Al Alwieya .

- Karmal account number in Bank of Baghdad : 00025160020042280 (USD)

And provide us a copy swift paper of your wire transfer through email.

Warm regards,

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, unirod said:

I transferred my equities from Al-Warka Bank and Finance to Al Karmal back in 2016 as I was tired of the poor service a Warka. I'm happy that I did as Al Karmal has been of good service. Unfortunately when you tranfer funds into Karmal you have to use Swift to move $ into an account at Citi Bank under a gaurdian account. Then the funds get moved on to Bank of Baghdad and then into your Al Karmal ISX account. This is the most recent email 3/12/24 from Al Karmal on funding. Hope that this answers some of your questions.

If you wish to fund your account with international money transfer to Karmal's account with Bank Of Baghdad please use the below info :-

- Corresponding  Bank  : CITI BANK N.A

- With address  : NEW YORK_USA

- SWIFT CODE : CITIUS33XXX

- Credit to Beneficiary's Bank in iraq: BANK OF BAGHDAD / MAIN BRANCH .

- SWIFT CODE: BABIIQBA

- Beneficiary name : Karmal Stock exchange

- Beneficiary Address : Iraq  - Baghdad  - Al Karada  –    903  / 14 / 6  Near  Badalat Al Alwieya .

- Karmal account number in Bank of Baghdad : 00025160020042280 (USD)

And provide us a copy swift paper of your wire transfer through email.

Warm regards,

Much thanks, and does Al Karmal sell/offer what we know as an S n P 500 stock?