Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vietnam on financial grey list over weapons-proliferation risks

gregp

For those of you holding tight to your dong. 
(Miss you Clown Man)

Vietnam on financial grey list over weapons-proliferation risks

upload_1687589226_1992644674.jpg
 International
+A -A

INA-sources

Vietnam was added to the watch list of the FATF international financial crime watchdog, which said the nation has nonetheless committed to proving it effectively prevents the financing of the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.

Friday's decision adds the southeast Asian nation to the "grey list" of two dozens countries across the world subject to closer scrutiny, including Panama, the Cayman Islands, the United Arab Emirates and Syria. Myanmar, Iran and North Korea are the only countries on the group's "black list".

Vietnam is one of the few states with good relations with North Korea, which is actively pursuing a nuclear weapons programme despite widespread global denunciations and international sanctions.

Hanoi enacted rules in March to fight money laundering and terrorism financing, but the Paris-based Financial Action Task Force (FATF) did not consider the overhaul sufficient to avoid the greylisting.

The FATF said Vietnam has now committed to demonstrating it effectively monitors banks, accountants and lawyers to prevent funding for the proliferation of arms of mass destruction, such as nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

Vietnam has also agreed to prove it can prevent the evasion of sanctions against individuals or entities that face international restrictions because of their involvement with proliferation of mass destruction weapons.

In addition to Vietnam, 10 African countries, including Mozambique and Uganda, are under FATF scrutiny for risks of proliferation funding, according to the public list on the body's website.

Vietnam's Ministry of Foreign Affairs did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Saturday.

Vietnam has also committed to implementing additional reforms to address its shortcomings. It will work to ensure the independence of authorities responsible for investigating financial crime, regulate virtual assets and boost international cooperation against money laundering, the FATF said.

source: Reuters

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:08 PM, md11fr8dawg said:

screwball, when do you think this GCR will occur, or are you like most of us, just waiting, watching and hoping??

sooner much rather than later and hoping within the next 10 days but hey what would i know I am not inc contol of this shite show, all i know is we are winning the Cabal is loosing and TRUMP and white hats are kicking ass, we are winning in the Supreme Courts, I am told to look for two to step aside??? Thomas being one (my opinion)

1 hour ago, screwball said:

sooner much rather than later and hoping within the next 10 days but hey what would i know I am not inc contol of this shite show, all i know is we are winning the Cabal is loosing and TRUMP and white hats are kicking ass, we are winning in the Supreme Courts, I am told to look for two to step aside??? Thomas being one (my opinion)

I hope we don't loose Thomas....

• Pow! 2

llets not foegt all the talk about the swithc from LIBOR to SOFR taking place now and over the next few days and the supposed move to QFS and asset backed...fed now asset back CBDC are supposed to place end of July...also lets not forget texas move to gold standard takes effect from September 2023.... nice timeframe

1 hour ago, screwball said:

sorry meant to say ROBERTS....THOMAS is SAFE!

Damn man, you nearly gave me a heart attack. Roberts is welcome to hit the road but Thomas, is the most Brilliant of all our justices. Trouble is if 2 justices leave, Ole dementia Joe will get to pick the replacement.

NOT GOOD

• Pow! 1

13 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Damn man, you nearly gave me a heart attack. Roberts is welcome to hit the road but Thomas, is the most Brilliant of all our justices. Trouble is if 2 justices leave, Ole dementia Joe will get to pick the replacement.

NOT GOOD

Relax biden will not get the chance 

• Pow! 1