Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Evening Opinions - 7:49 PM CDT - 6/08/2023

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON  

MarkZ  Lots happening today.  Did it pass or didn’t it pass?  This is what I’m hearing from Iraq. This was explained to me from an International attorney. Think of it as a closing on a house and it happened late in the day. You sign all the paperwork…everyone is dotting I’s and crossing t’s until say 5:30 in the evening. You done everything you need to do…but, you have to wait until the clerk of courts is open the next day to hand off the paperwork and get a stamp on it. I am told  that is where we are at on the budget. It’s done but will not be official until their judicial system opens tomorrow morning…It’s done and passed and we will get all the official news tomorrow. NOTE: Refer ro Yota's post below. 

Sandy Ingram  Q:? Did Iraq receive a warning from the IMF and the World Bank?  Here's what many of us did not know about Iraq's 2023 budget. An article reported the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and the United States warned Iraq about its 2023 budget. It seem the budget is the largest ever in Iraq history...Here's the deal, I could not confirm the IMF, WB nor the United State's disapproval of the budget. What I did confirm was the budget will run with a deficit of $48.7 billion US dollars which is IQD 63.27 trillion.  I also confirmed this was up from $19.9 billion or IQD 25.7 trillion in 2021 when the government last presented a budget. So maybe the IMF, WB said something. This is a huge increase for Iraq. :confused2:

YOTA691 Posted the following on this afternoon's Opinions: 

The only thing that refers too is Parliamentary Finance committee voted on each article, prior to handing it over to Parliament to Vote on it..... too ensure it accuracy and nothing was added or deleted...and while that vote was happening a member of each party was present. Then Parliament Speaker has it recite each Article of the budget law to the other 240+ members so they could vote on it today. Which only 25% of the budget was read today....

Parliament votes on two articles that include the exchange rate at 130 thousand dinars

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 1