Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Redenomination

Sapper

When the CBI implements their plan to Redenominate the Irqai Dinar by chopping the trailing 3 zeros, what effect will that have on the value of the bills we hold?

NOT going to happen.....so just sit tight and dont worry about it.....if they redenominate the citizens of Iraq are going to freakin flip out....you think the violence is bad now....just you wait :lol:

• Upvote 3

Yes revaluation is the changing of the value against other currencies. Redenominatio involves the creation if new currency in different denominations from what currently exist. I guess if they are done together, the real value of the currency won't change, correct?

Yes revaluation is the changing of the value against other currencies. Redenominatio involves the creation if new currency in different denominations from what currently exist. I guess if they are done together, the real value of the currency won't change, correct?

Sort of, but

No :huh:

I encourage you to research these terms on your own in dictionaries and other sources besides dinar forums, so you will have an accurate understanding of the terminology.

I'll try to give a general description, here we go:

a "Reinstatement" or "RI" changing value to a previous amount.

a "Revaluation" or "RV" would be an increase in value against other currencies, the opposite would be a straight "Devaluation"

a "Redenomination" or "Demonitisation" or the slang term "LOP" is normally when high inflation has made a currency virtually worthless, so in an attempt to improve the appearance of the strength of the currency, a completely new currency will replace the existing currency at a specific ratio. For example, to demonitise or redenominate a currency 3 zero's an "existing" 1000 note would be exchanged straight accross for a "new" 1 note. So if you had 1,000,000 existing currency you would exchange straight across for 1000 new currency. Yes this is a value neutral exchange, if you were at a bank in the country that is redenominating their currency, anywhere else would be difficult to exchange within the established exchange period (window), and at the very best you would be at the mercy of currency dealers and their fees.

"done together" ?

whether ethical or not, could be done.

1000= 1 existing currency value

1=1 Redenominate 3 zero's (don't forget the expense of printing all new currency & exchanging it)

3=1 Revalue 300%

I don't see it happening "done together" unless they Redenominate (LOP) and then just have a gradual rise. I don't believe they will "Redenominate" (I think this is smoke). I am in this for the RV or RI and hope we will see it soon, but I think it is important for everyone to understand the terminology accurately to help sort through the smoke and keep our eyes on the prize. :)

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

I have my million in dinar. I have spent days reading these posts and info from other websites. Common sense seems to have gone by the wayside with many folks who have gotten all emotional over the big bucks they dream of making. Blinded may be an appropriate word.

It don't make sense that in one big swoop, Iraq is going to make millions of people rich by doing an RV of their existing currency. Iraq ain't that dumb. Besides, how can any nation afford that?

The big question: when is Iraq going to implement the RV? Answer is they probably won't. If they do a LOP, they won't need too. Once Iraq is done collecting billions from the world for the currency they keep printing, they will LOP the three zeros, pocket everyone's cash, and the only way anyone is going to make a return on their investment is by market forces.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Pexring I'll make the is short and sweet. You are wrong. deal with it. This is going to happen and happen soon. Everything is falling into place. If you want to be a negative Nelly go ahead but I for one am not falling for it.

Edited by buckwheat
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have my million in dinar. I have spent days reading these posts and info from other websites. Common sense seems to have gone by the wayside with many folks who have gotten all emotional over the big bucks they dream of making. Blinded may be an appropriate word.

It don't make sense that in one big swoop, Iraq is going to make millions of people rich by doing an RV of their existing currency. Iraq ain't that dumb. Besides, how can any nation afford that?

The big question: when is Iraq going to implement the RV? Answer is they probably won't. If they do a LOP, they won't need too. Once Iraq is done collecting billions from the world for the currency they keep printing, they will LOP the three zeros, pocket everyone's cash, and the only way anyone is going to make a return on their investment is by market forces.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not.

So, why did you buy Dinars?

There's another aspect missing from this whole dinar emotionalism. The main consensus of this board is that an RV will happen and everyone will be rich. If that was the consensus of the world, dinar would already be changing hands (underground or somewhere) at a much much higher rate in anticipation of the sure-bet RV. But it's not a sure-bet. Far from it, in fact, so the rate stays unchanged. Markets work on speculation, and this one isn't participating. That should be worrisome.

I'll admit I earlier got caught-up in the dinar emotionalism and bought my million. But then things didn't start to add up, so now I'm just figuring them out. So I'm hoping that market forces will eventually yield me a 30-40% return on my original investment in a few years. But as I stated before, it's not logical that in one swoop, Iraq will make millions of people rich. Just not logical.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There's another aspect missing from this whole dinar emotionalism. The main consensus of this board is that an RV will happen and everyone will be rich. If that was the consensus of the world, dinar would already be changing hands (underground or somewhere) at a much much higher rate in anticipation of the sure-bet RV. But it's not a sure-bet. Far from it, in fact, so the rate stays unchanged. Markets work on speculation, and this one isn't participating. That should be worrisome.

I'll admit I earlier got caught-up in the dinar emotionalism and bought my million. But then things didn't start to add up, so now I'm just figuring them out. So I'm hoping that market forces will eventually yield me a 30-40% return on my original investment in a few years. But as I stated before, it's not logical that in one swoop, Iraq will make millions of people rich. Just not logical.

Again with the negative vibes. I'm staying positive because I know this will happen.

• Upvote 1

It sounds to me that PEX most likely invested more money in IQD than he could afford, and chances are he is or was too scared to let it go, cuz he is most likely one of those "over night guys". And now that he has been holding onto it for too long he is getting nervous, and probably having to hear his "partner" nag and complain about where the money went, and what he really needs is a hug, and a lesson on patience. Dinar is like a woman my man...we gotta hold on to it, and like most woman, they are always gonna make you wait... come on now.. you dont remember prom night? you had to wait a little bit, and then what? you got a return..lol.. COME ON GUYS KEEP THE FAITH... RV Rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv rv

This isent about anyone else....its about the people of Iraq, its about bringing wealth and power back to the country of Iraq and having it in the hands of its citizens.....this is mainly for THEM, not for anyone else.....thats why they have been trying for years on end to downplay the speculation and deter people from buying the currency. The citizens if Iraq are going to be VERY wealthy for struggling for years just to get by under the dominance of a ruthless leader.....they will all be getting paid also by the oil being pumped out of the ground.....you have to stop the mindframe that this is for us because its going to throw all your logical thinking way off base!! The Iraqis are a very proud people and they want nothing more then to be free from all the oppression and live like kings.....and the US has given them that chance...Bush and the rest of the country are going to look like heros to them and the rest of the world for going into Iraq and going after Saddam which is exactly what it needs to look like since everyone and their momma opposed us invading Iraq in the first place....the US is responsible 100% for the outcome of this country....you really think we are going to let it fail?? HELL NO!!!! And by the way.......NO country pays for RVing their currency....otherwise no one would EVER raise the value of their currency duh!!! Its a simple exchange of one currency for another....no one loses or gains in that respect.....its an even trade!!! Iraq will not be paying stricktly out of pocket to everyone that exchanges dinar.....thats just silly and in no shape or form logical.......STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!!

• Upvote 4