Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lindsey Graham Denies Pressuring Georgia Official To Toss Legal Ballots

Lindsey Graham Denies Pressuring Georgia Official To Toss Legal Ballots

Lydia O'Connor
·Reporter, HuffPost
Mon, November 16, 2020, 7:34 PM EST

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) denied claims that he pressured Georgia’s secretary of state to find ways to throw out legal ballots, telling reporters Monday that it’s “ridiculous” to interpret their conversation that way.

Graham, one of the Republicans pushing outgoing President Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud in the Nov. 3 election, commented on the matter after Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger gave an interview to The Washington Post saying Graham asked him Friday if Raffensperger could toss out all the mail-in ballots in counties with higher rates of signature-matching issues.

Graham, chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, denied that’s what he said.

“I think that’s just ridiculous. If he feels threatened by that conversation, he’s got a problem. I actually thought it was a good conversation,” he said, adding he was only suggesting Georgia enforce a stricter signature verification process.

“I never said that,” he said of Raffensperger’s statement. “I said, ‘Do you have power as secretary of state to require bipartisan verification of the signature,’ because right now they don’t. What I want to see happen all over the country, if we’re going to use mail-in voting ... is that when it comes to verifying signatures, that you have a process that’s bipartisan, where both sides can look at the signature. If there’s a dispute about whether or not you think it’s valid, you put it in some kind of appeal system.”

Raffensperger, a Republican, told the Post that it was clear to him that Graham was suggesting he find a way to throw out ballots.

“It sure looked like he was wanting to go down that road,” he said. After Graham’s response came out, he stood by his assertion on CNN.

“The implication is ‘Look hard and see how many ballots you can throw,’” he said.

Since Trump lost his bid for reelection, Graham has been part of the GOP chorus questioning the integrity of the electoral process and expressing outrage at the media for calling the winner based on results released by the states, despite that being the case in all modern elections. In 2016, for example, Democratic challenger Hillarious Clinton conceded to Trump the day after the election, based on vote projections, even though final tallies were days or even weeks away in several states.

“This is a contested election,” Graham said on Fox News last week. “The media doesn’t decide who becomes president. If they did, you would never have a Republican president forever. So we’re discounting them.”

He added: “If I were President Trump, I’d take all of this to court. I’d fight back. .... If we don’t fight back in 2020, we’re never going to win again presidentially. A lot’s at stake here.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/lindsey-graham-denies-pressuring-georgia-official-to-toss-ballots-003444228.html

GO RV, then BV

• Pow! 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Dinar said:

This is a moment in history that will change the future. The flip on who are the whiny snowflakes and are demonstrating total weakness is simply amazing. 4 years ago the Republicans were the tough crowd, now they are just pathetic.

You are being put on my naughty list.....guess I'm just so pathetic and weak that I can't handle your dribble.....😮

See you after Trump is declared the winner.....    CL

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 5

National Review

Georgia Secretary of State Pushes Back against Voter Fraud Claims: ‘Failed Candidate Doug Collins is a Liar’

Brittany Bernstein
Mon, November 16, 2020, 11:02 AM EST

cfb8fe4ba5a45cd81f5cbca80e1e9c22

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on Sunday pushed back against unfounded claims of voter fraud in the state in a series of social media posts, calling Representative Doug Collins (R., Ga.) a “failed candidate” and a liar.

Raffensperger criticized a lawsuit brought by Atlanta lawyer Lin Wood, best known for his defense of Richard Jewell in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics bomb threat case, over a March settlement with the Democratic Party that outlined changes in how signature matching on absentee ballots is handled. Wood has argued that the settlement was unconstitutional, therefore invalidating absentee ballots cast in the 2020 election.

In a Facebook post the secretary of state said his team had “secured and strengthened absentee ballots for the first time since 2005.”

“As Secretary of State the first thing I did was push legislation that —OUTLAWED—absentee ballot harvesting in Georgia,” he said. “Next, for the first time in the history of Georgia, Absentee ballots submitted through our electronic portal required photo ID. My team—we made that happen.”

He continued: “Lastly, let’s address this disinformation about signature match. We strengthened signature match. We helped train election officials on GBI signature match—which is confirmed twice before a ballot is ever cast. Failed candidate Doug Collins is a liar— but what’s new?”

He included a screenshot of a tweet by President Trump saying, “Absentee Ballots are fine. A person has to go through a process to get and use them. Mail-In Voting, on the other hand, will lead to the most corrupt Election is [sic] USA history. Bad things happen with Mail-Ins. Just look at Special Election in Patterson, N.J. 19% of Ballots a FRAUD!”

Raffensperger’s post comes days after Collins, who did not meet the threshold required to advance to the January run-off election for one of two open Senate seats in Georgia, said it was the secretary of state’s office that caused a recount to be necessary in the state.

“Frankly, the secretary of state’s office (Georgia) has caused this problem to develop. They’ve been continually problematic in this. And I will continue to call them out and force them to do this,” Collins told Newsmax, a pro-Trump news outlet, on Friday.

“The problem is we’re dealing in areas in which the secretary of state is setting the rules,” said Collins, who has been leading recount efforts in the state on behalf of President Trump’s team. “We’re having to challenge him on the rules. They seem to be changing as we go … but these ballots will be counted and we’ll see (that) those ballot counts.”

“There’s been a lot of concern about whether the voting machines actually count,” he added. “I want people to know that we’re fighting down here. There are multiple fronts. There’s not just one.”

A number of news outlets have projected President-elect Joe Biden as the winner in Georgia, while the Associated Press has projected Biden as the victor in the election without yet calling Georgia.

In another post, Raffensperger shared another of the president’s tweets, in which Trump claimed in July that mail-in voting would lead to a rigged election.

Raffensperger captioned the photo, “The state of Georgia has had no excuse absentee ballots since 2005— only those who request a ballot can vote absentee. GBI trained elections officials match your signature twice before any vote is cast.”

In a post in which he shared an article by the Associated Press titled, “Trump wrong on Georgia voter signature checks,” Raffensperger added again that Georgia had “strengthened signature match this year.”

“Elections officials received GBI signature match training, requiring a confirmed match **twice** before a ballot is cast. Second, we created an online portal for absentee ballots, which checked/confirmed the voters driver’s license,” he said. “In this state, voters cast their ballots in secret so that no political party or candidate can ever intimidate nor threaten a voter into changing his or her vote. We will continue to protect the integrity of the vote.”

Raffensperger’s posts are the latest example of infighting within the Republican party, after Georgia’s two Republican senators, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, last week called on the secretary of state to resign.

“The management of Georgia elections has become an embarrassment for our state. Georgians are outraged, and rightly so. We have been clear from the beginning: every legal vote cast should be counted. Any illegal vote must not. And there must be transparency and uniformity in the counting process. This isn’t hard. This isn’t partisan. This is American,” Perdue and Loeffler said in a joint statement.

“While blame certainly lies elsewhere as well, the buck ultimately stops with the Secretary of State,” the pair said, adding that the “mismanagement and lack of transparency” from Raffensperger is “unacceptable.”

“He has failed the people of Georgia, and he should step down immediately,” Perdue and Loeffler said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-secretary-state-pushes-back-160241441.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Dinar said:

This is a moment in history that will change the future. The flip on who are the whiny snowflakes and are demonstrating total weakness is simply amazing. 4 years ago the Republicans were the tough crowd, now they are just pathetic.

Really no need to be mean to fellow members, JD.  <_<

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

You are being put on my naughty list.....guess I'm just so pathetic and weak that I can't handle your dribble.....😮

See you after Trump is declared the winner.....    CL

I don't understand why people take this stuff personal. Unless you are an elected official I don't think you are responsible for the actions of the party leaders... I wonder what people are going to do after Biden is sworn in. Are they going to protest? Are they going to raise arms against the military? Are they going accept it? The clock is running and people are going to have to decide whether they accept it and move on or call for a civil war which would end terribly for anyone who takes arms against our military. If these little militias think the can overthrow our government, they have a lot to learn.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:
National Review

Georgia Secretary of State Pushes Back against Voter Fraud Claims: ‘Failed Candidate Doug Collins is a Liar’

Brittany Bernstein
Mon, November 16, 2020, 11:02 AM EST

cfb8fe4ba5a45cd81f5cbca80e1e9c22

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on Sunday pushed back against unfounded claims of voter fraud in the state in a series of social media posts, calling Representative Doug Collins (R., Ga.) a “failed candidate” and a liar.

Raffensperger criticized a lawsuit brought by Atlanta lawyer Lin Wood, best known for his defense of Richard Jewell in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics bomb threat case, over a March settlement with the Democratic Party that outlined changes in how signature matching on absentee ballots is handled. Wood has argued that the settlement was unconstitutional, therefore invalidating absentee ballots cast in the 2020 election.

In a Facebook post the secretary of state said his team had “secured and strengthened absentee ballots for the first time since 2005.”

“As Secretary of State the first thing I did was push legislation that —OUTLAWED—absentee ballot harvesting in Georgia,” he said. “Next, for the first time in the history of Georgia, Absentee ballots submitted through our electronic portal required photo ID. My team—we made that happen.”

He continued: “Lastly, let’s address this disinformation about signature match. We strengthened signature match. We helped train election officials on GBI signature match—which is confirmed twice before a ballot is ever cast. Failed candidate Doug Collins is a liar— but what’s new?”

He included a screenshot of a tweet by President Trump saying, “Absentee Ballots are fine. A person has to go through a process to get and use them. Mail-In Voting, on the other hand, will lead to the most corrupt Election is [sic] USA history. Bad things happen with Mail-Ins. Just look at Special Election in Patterson, N.J. 19% of Ballots a FRAUD!”

Raffensperger’s post comes days after Collins, who did not meet the threshold required to advance to the January run-off election for one of two open Senate seats in Georgia, said it was the secretary of state’s office that caused a recount to be necessary in the state.

“Frankly, the secretary of state’s office (Georgia) has caused this problem to develop. They’ve been continually problematic in this. And I will continue to call them out and force them to do this,” Collins told Newsmax, a pro-Trump news outlet, on Friday.

“The problem is we’re dealing in areas in which the secretary of state is setting the rules,” said Collins, who has been leading recount efforts in the state on behalf of President Trump’s team. “We’re having to challenge him on the rules. They seem to be changing as we go … but these ballots will be counted and we’ll see (that) those ballot counts.”

“There’s been a lot of concern about whether the voting machines actually count,” he added. “I want people to know that we’re fighting down here. There are multiple fronts. There’s not just one.”

A number of news outlets have projected President-elect Joe Biden as the winner in Georgia, while the Associated Press has projected Biden as the victor in the election without yet calling Georgia.

In another post, Raffensperger shared another of the president’s tweets, in which Trump claimed in July that mail-in voting would lead to a rigged election.

Raffensperger captioned the photo, “The state of Georgia has had no excuse absentee ballots since 2005— only those who request a ballot can vote absentee. GBI trained elections officials match your signature twice before any vote is cast.”

In a post in which he shared an article by the Associated Press titled, “Trump wrong on Georgia voter signature checks,” Raffensperger added again that Georgia had “strengthened signature match this year.”

“Elections officials received GBI signature match training, requiring a confirmed match **twice** before a ballot is cast. Second, we created an online portal for absentee ballots, which checked/confirmed the voters driver’s license,” he said. “In this state, voters cast their ballots in secret so that no political party or candidate can ever intimidate nor threaten a voter into changing his or her vote. We will continue to protect the integrity of the vote.”

Raffensperger’s posts are the latest example of infighting within the Republican party, after Georgia’s two Republican senators, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, last week called on the secretary of state to resign.

“The management of Georgia elections has become an embarrassment for our state. Georgians are outraged, and rightly so. We have been clear from the beginning: every legal vote cast should be counted. Any illegal vote must not. And there must be transparency and uniformity in the counting process. This isn’t hard. This isn’t partisan. This is American,” Perdue and Loeffler said in a joint statement.

“While blame certainly lies elsewhere as well, the buck ultimately stops with the Secretary of State,” the pair said, adding that the “mismanagement and lack of transparency” from Raffensperger is “unacceptable.”

“He has failed the people of Georgia, and he should step down immediately,” Perdue and Loeffler said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-secretary-state-pushes-back-160241441.html

GO RV, then BV

We covered this in another thread....NY Times reference.....this gentleman was the one who brought the Dominion System into Georgia at a cost of $100 million....the June primaries were more than a mess....of course Raffensperger is going to try to cover his a$$

CL

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Dinar said:

This comment is NOT just directed to the Republican leadership, otherwise it would be a true statement. This is directed to members of this site. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Dinar said:

I wasn't talking abut our members. I'm talking about the party leaders who are turning their backs to their sworn duties are elected officials.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1