Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iran desperately attempts to retain hold on Iraq

Adam Montana

3 hours ago, umbertino said:

Iraqis want both countries out

Despite extreme public antagonism between the two countries, the US and Iran have de facto collaborated in and over Iraq for decades. Iraqis are now protesting against both

by Gilbert Achcar

Truncated article ( one needs subscribe to read it all and I didn't, sorry)

Every time I hear this claim, I wonder two things:

1) Now who's claiming to speak for all of Iraq this time?

2) How can two occupying militaries hostile to one another vacate a country that has no real government?

"Iraqis" demand this. Surrrre.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Of course Tehran is going to beat this drum some more, but the reason it matters is they'll increase the tempo through Iraqi puppets as their regime becomes weaker. US media will be happy to cooperate. 

US Forces Should Leave Iraq and Syria: Iran

784abf7f97b9fb581e3b71192b7c7130_L.jpg?fit=710%2C412&ssl=1

ERBIL - Iran has stated that the US forces should leave Iraq and Syria, a report said on Sunday.

The Tehran Times daily newspaper cited Ali Akbar Velayati, a top advisor to Iran's supreme leader, as saying that the era of US presence in Iraq and Syria has come to an end.

Velayati made the comments on Saturday at a ceremony commemorating Qassem Soleimani, head of Iran's Quds Force, who was killed in a US airstrike in Iraq last month.

He said that the US troops will be expelled from the region "soon", according to the newspaper.

The top advisor further noted that Washington had thought that it could overcome the "resistance" in the region by killing Soleimani.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/middle-east/580451?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=487db53123d93ba4a8f9d256d454f79700663cf6-1581286687-0-ARsCIOgoBG-r1mq1uXXLJgGsVsVzRA9pG5vGh9ILgpLp-37STzAoMDgO2K4F5Nujvl0ZbRzooGOz31NyX9EA3eV0MVisw6neDjYO33A2cwnk_KVJ4SUL1E7q0E4NXqPRaQkmJPlubjd4l_4GZo9nWa_5i3jCgMD9tjuzAibzUY-VpYWmep1G6x4kB13mFJoYDw4dLDbsPUryqOG3riY-NN_vwbN6KMalyx4n-7kDHptedIFfiFXEsir-x8uMuh5i6AJH_UT1Y2V79MfMbP4n6wOvdbII4b1Io14yyA8hcBLNDPlGHUes4fLdBHhT206yNA

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1