Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mattis Sharply Rebukes Trump's Leadership

10 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Nah, I just don't trust him... Quite elementary really, if you lie about little stuff you lie about big stuff and nobody is a better liar, just ask him... I am always surprised how people don't care if he lies. Like, why say his wife knows Kim? No she doesn't. Why say he missed the climate meeting at the G-7 because he was meeting with the German leader? He wasn't, she was at the climate meeting. Doesn't it bother people when he just blatantly lies? Again, if you will lie about little things that don't matter you will lie about big things that do matter.

B/A

And yet you lie to  yourself about where your feelings for him come from. You of all people whose vitriolic rhetoric is so hateful. That kind of emotional response can only come from the innermost place in a person. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, cranman said:

Lying bothers most people.  The problem is some presidents, and those in the government,  are better liars than others. It's almost a job requirement.  It's sickening to say the least about the amount they lie. Do you really trust all the things any president says? We really need to quit putting presidents on pedestals and understand that they all have a background in politics or something close to it. That alone makes them suspect about their honesty. Let's face it, the candidates we get to choose from are just the shiniest turds in a pack of turds. But they are still turds. 

Great post and thanks...What you just wrote can be applied to the whole world politicians ( with maybe slight differences among all of them...But the substance of your post remains....Sadly....And that is a defeat for Humanity and also gives an entirely diff. sense to the idea and to the meaning of voting at this point.....PTB win every time or 97.5% of the time anyway...We are led to believe we are part of democracies while  we're not)...Which leads to Revolutions at times....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely! Problem is very few understand their unfettered hate. And his staunchest followers only think they know why they love him. But whether you love him or hate him, emotions about him derive from the deepest innermost spiritual place in us all

End Quote

WOW...I'm impressed by what you wrote above, I admit......."emotions about him derive from the deepest innermost spiritual place in us all"

Sounds like you already consider the Man a sort of Saint...And all that while he happens to be  still alive.......( I do wish him a very long life, mind you)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/29/2019 at 4:05 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Something I literally pray for every day.

Believe it or not...I myself pray every day for a few things about what's occurring in this world....Things I deem very important for Humanity.....At least one can try and dream.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, umbertino said:

Absolutely! Problem is very few understand their unfettered hate. And his staunchest followers only think they know why they love him. But whether you love him or hate him, emotions about him derive from the deepest innermost spiritual place in us all

End Quote

WOW...I'm impressed by what you wrote above, I admit......."emotions about him derive from the deepest innermost spiritual place in us all"

Sounds like you already consider the Man a sort of Saint...And all that while he happens to be  still alive.......( I do wish him a very long life, mind you)

Not a Saint, by a long shot.  But I am beginning to think that NO ordinary man can withstand what Trump is standing against. And he's doing that with seemingly very little effort, indeed it would appear that he's actually rather enjoying himself. 

45 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Believe it or not...I myself pray every day for a few things about what's occurring in this world....Things I deem very important for Humanity.....At least one can try and dream.....

That's a good thing. For all my years here I've tried to get everyone to pray. Whether liberal or conservative heartfelt prayers will lead all God's children in the direction they need to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Not a Saint, by a long shot.  But I am beginning to think that NO ordinary man can withstand what Trump is standing against. And he's doing that with seemingly very little effort, indeed it would appear that he's actually rather enjoying himself. 

That's a good thing. For all my years here I've tried to get everyone to pray. Whether liberal or conservative heartfelt prayers will lead all God's children in the direction they need to go.

That's good...

• Upvote 2

Call Sign Chaos review: James Mattis pulls a flanking manuever on Trump

In a memoir that is part hymn to the constitution, the former secretary of defense offers only veiled criticism of the president

Lloyd Green

Sun 1 Sep 2019 06.00 BST Last modified on Sun 1 Sep 2019 15.58 BST

3500.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=2761efd3380da6ff6a4a58647d5fe655
James Mattis listens as Donald Trump speaks to the media in the cabinet room in October 2018
Photograph: Leah Millis/Reuters

• Upvote 1