Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. Rep. Steve King: If not for rape and incest, 'would there be any population left?'

Rep. Steve King told an Iowa crowd Wednesday that humanity might not exist if not for rape and incest throughout human history.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said at the Westside Conservative Club in Urbandale, Iowa. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

The Republican was discussing his defense of not allowing exceptions for rape and incest in the anti-abortion legislation he tried to pass in Congress. Republican leadership had prevented bills he sponsored on banning abortions from advancing through the House, despite GOP support for the measures, King said.

Just because a conception happened in bad circumstances doesn't mean the result isn't a person, King, who is Catholic, argued.

"It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother," he said.

King went over his positions on abortion and a variety of other issues including immigration and guns. He also discussed the criticism he faced over a story in The New York Times in which he asked “white nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

King said he was told by political insiders that there was a plot to take him out of power.

"People think it was an organic media feeding frenzy, but no, it was orchestrated from the beginning," he said. "They had told me, heads up before Christmas, they're going to try to drive you out of office and get you to resign. Within 24 hours, you had people saying 'resign, resign, resign.' Why? Because the New York Times misquoted me?"

King said there was a plan for President Donald Trump to criticize him as well, but he met with Trump and said there's "no signal from Donald Trump that he's anything other than supportive of me."

That didn't stop other members of his party from coming after him, he said. Multiple high-level Republicans decried King's comments in January and others publicly supported Feenstra in the primary.

King was also removed from his House committee assignments by U.S. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy. Later in January, the House passed a condemnation of white supremacy and white nationalism.

While he does not support the "odious ideology" of white nationalism, King said he supports his defense of the West, calling the United States "the flagship for Western civilization."

More: Steve King says all cultures do not contribute equally, to claim otherwise is to devalue the 'founding fathers'

Some Westside Conservative Club members, like Rick Herron, a 72-year-old Clive resident, said they liked what King had to say. Herron said he has been a supporter of King's policies in the past, but was glad to get the chance to hear the "white nationalism" controversy story from his perspective.

"I did get a little better understanding of what he went through, in terms of the 'Never Trumpers' attack on him and setting him up for condemnation," Herron said. "You expect the Democrats to attack him, but not the Never Trumpers, members of his own party."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-rep-steve-king-not-173023969.html

I think the rain that started just as I began to read this is God weeping for his children... Who could support someone as ignorant as this guy?

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Did you even read the article, or did your eyeballs simply glaze over red when you saw the word Conservative in my post?  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

Actually I only read a little bit, as the statements made by this Congressman I find revolting even if you tried the excuse of taking them out of context it's not something anyone in his position should say. I found your statement about it to be blanketing over all Trump supporters as you usually do. If I was wrong please forgive me.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Actually I only read a little bit, as the statements made by this Congressman I find revolting even if you tried the excuse of taking them out of context it's not something anyone in his position should say. I found your statement about it to be blanketing over all Trump supporters as you usually do. If I was wrong please forgive me.

You're forgiven. 

GO RV, then BV 

Ex-GOP Rep: ‘You Wonder if’ Steve King Is ‘Out of His Mind’ Following Rape and Incest Comments

a76e9ca0-ba9f-11e7-afbd-e700b0f36d78_daily_beast.png
The Daily BeastAugust 14, 2019

CNN
CNN

A former Republican colleague of Rep. Steve King (R-IA) wondered aloud on Tuesday night whether King has lost his mind following the conservative lawmaker’s latest outrageous remarks in which he said humanity wouldn’t exist without rape and incest.

“What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?” King said at an Iowa event on Tuesday. “Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can’t say that I was not a part of a product of that.”

Appearing on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360, one-time Pennsylvania Rep. Charlie Dent was asked by anchor Anderson Cooper if King was as offensive in private as “he is seemingly willingly in public.”

Dent, a Never Trump Republican who is now a CNN political commentator, noted that “on a personal level” King was friendly but that these latest remarks were “just so outlandish.”

“They’re out of bounds, out of control,” he added. “I mean, you wonder if he’s out of his mind.”

Dent went on to say King’s remarks reminded him of “similarly ridiculous comments” made in the past by Republicans such as Todd Akin and Roy Moore on the subject of rape and abortion, adding that the GOP needs to “get away from this stuff because it’s killing us among women.”

Dent is not the only Republican to speak out against King over his latest controversy. Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), who previously called on King to resign over his defense of white supremacylabeled the far-right lawmaker’s comments “appalling and bizarre” while saying it was “time for him to go.”

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-gop-rep-wonder-steve-033351071.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't know which is worse his ignorant comments or yours.

:salute: !!!LadyGrace'sDaddy!!! :salute:

An apt reply, LadyGace'sDaddy, in response to IGNORANCE in ALL forms AND appearances.

THANK YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy, SIR!!! :tiphat:

I see YOU received a WELL DESERVED Red Ruby Citation As A Badge Of Honor For YOU For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power"!!!

I gave YOU purple trophies. I hope YOU don't mind!!! :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

An apt reply, LadyGace'sDaddy, in response to IGNORANCE in ALL forms AND appearances.

THANK YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy, SIR!!! :tiphat:

I see YOU received a WELL DESERVED Red Ruby Citation As A Badge Of Honor For YOU For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power"!!!

I gave YOU purple trophies. I hope YOU don't mind!!! :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Thank You Very Much. 

Liberals call themselves caddie shackers act like snowflakes and Buttercups simply cannot handle the light of truth :tiphat:

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Thank You Very Much. 

Liberals call themselves caddie shackers act like snowflakes and Buttercups simply cannot handle the light of truth :tiphat:

TRUE WORDS CAN NOT BE SPOKEN!!!

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:

Well, OK, I "might" have mentioned "toady" BEFORE "snowflakes" TOO THAT "may" MORE "aptly" NOTE THEE "behaviors" OF THEE "keyboard" "combatants"!!!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Thank You Very Much. 

TRUER WORDS CAN NOT BE SPOKEN!!!

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:

Well, OK, I "might" have mentioned "toady" BEFORE "snowflakes" TOO THAT "may" MORE "aptly" NOTE THEE "behaviors" OF THEE "keyboard" "combatants"!!!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

WOWZERS!!!

LadyGrace'sDaddy, YOU AND I were Awarded Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For YOU AND ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power"!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, SIR!!!

I awared You purple trophies. I hope You don't mind!!! :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Thanks 1