Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump's ban on transgender troops blocked by US federal judge

Ruling preserves right of transgender personnel to remain in the military

Trump directed military leaders to implement the ban in August

Molly Redden in New York

Monday 30 October 2017 18.18 GMT

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=d4baa193d7f4d092dfc7abc3ac5aedd3
Donald Trump announced the ban on transgender troops on Twitter in July, and formally directed the Pentagon to enforce the ban in August.
Photograph: Michael N/Pacific/Barcroft Images

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/30/trump-transgender-troops-ban-military-judge

• Upvote 1

This is an overturning of a previous EO. Only the President can write an EO and either Congress or the President can reverse it. The US District Court is stepping into a crap storm. They are basically giving the President to literally create legislation from the Oval Office in which future Presidents cannot remove. This sets a dangerous precedent and remember what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Leftists only think about themselves, because what can happen now is that an EO signed by a former Republican President which a Democrat President tries to overturn can now be challenged in court and prevented from overturning. Not a good day in America when crap storms like this are created. The Immigration Ban was a different matter but if the Judicial branch of government is going to step in and try to create legislation by stopping the overturning of an EO, the Judicial Branch has over reached their power and now has decided they are the final determinants of what laws can or cannot be overturned. The President is given full authority to create Constitutional EOs. He also has the right to review his predecessors EOs and take appropriate action. Congress can overturn an EO within a certain time frame of it being signed or by creating a law. Civics 101. The Judicial Branch may only rule on the validity of the initial EO. Stopping the President from rescinding a previous EO is not in the jurisdiction of the Courts. THis will go to the Supreme Court and if the SCOTUS favors the lower court ruling, then the court has just grabbed power from the Executive Branch which is unconstitutional. SCOTUS is not the final say in matters of law as some believe. 0bummer put this into effect for government to pay for surgeries for this imbeciles. This is choice to mutilate their bodies, government should not pay for this.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Theseus said:

This is an overturning of a previous EO. Only the President can write an EO and either Congress or the President can reverse it. The US District Court is stepping into a crap storm. They are basically giving the President to literally create legislation from the Oval Office in which future Presidents cannot remove. This sets a dangerous precedent and remember what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Leftists only think about themselves, because what can happen now is that an EO signed by a former Republican President which a Democrat President tries to overturn can now be challenged in court and prevented from overturning. Not a good day in America when crap storms like this are created. The Immigration Ban was a different matter but if the Judicial branch of government is going to step in and try to create legislation by stopping the overturning of an EO, the Judicial Branch has over reached their power and now has decided they are the final determinants of what laws can or cannot be overturned. The President is given full authority to create Constitutional EOs. He also has the right to review his predecessors EOs and take appropriate action. Congress can overturn an EO within a certain time frame of it being signed or by creating a law. Civics 101. The Judicial Branch may only rule on the validity of the initial EO. Stopping the President from rescinding a previous EO is not in the jurisdiction of the Courts. THis will go to the Supreme Court and if the SCOTUS favors the lower court ruling, then the court has just grabbed power from the Executive Branch which is unconstitutional. SCOTUS is not the final say in matters of law as some believe. 0bummer put this into effect for government to pay for surgeries for this imbeciles. This is choice to mutilate their bodies, government should not pay for this.

Those imbeciles pick up a weapon and stand a post to protect your right to call them imbeciles......in case you forgot.  For what it's worth, I thought you were making a really good case, except for that body shaming part.  :peace:  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Theseus said:

Agreed, its the courts intentions to power grab...if it is allowed then it will continue. 

On 10/31/2017 at 8:39 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Those imbeciles pick up a weapon and stand a post to protect your right to call them imbeciles......in case you forgot.  For what it's worth, I thought you were making a really good case, except for that body shaming part.  :peace:  

GO RV, then BV

Whatcha talkin bout Willis? I body shamed no one. I pointed to the fact that most transgenders have entered into the miltary to ... wait for it....wait for it... to get a sex change operation. This is a choice on the individual's part in which the Federal Government nor any other level of government should be involed in. It is a choice like a person would choose to get veneers instead of bleaching their teeth. It's a body modification and mutilation procedure. Or lets just say castration if you be a man and want the modification done. I did not body shame a single person. In fact those who want the surgery done already feel their bodies have shamed them. Don't put blame on me where none exists. Remember the idjit traitor that went to Leavenworth then had the Federal Government pay for it? You say you are all about equality, where is our money that was spent on that dumb behind's surgery? When do I get a fair share when does Bernie get his money? Or is everything in life for free? Ain't nothing in life free, even walking to the park and the park wasn't free either. Body shaming, shame on you. Next you will be saying that I am body shaming someone who wants to cut their perfectly good leg off. Think about that one.

Edited by Theseus

5 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Whatcha talkin bout Willis? I body shamed no one. I pointed to the fact that most transgenders have entered into the miltary to ... wait for it....wait for it... to get a sex change operation. This is a choice on the individual's part in which the Federal Government nor any other level of government should be involed in. It is a choice like a person would choose to get veneers instead of bleaching their teeth. It's a body modification and mutilation procedure. Or lets just say castration if you be a man and want the modification done. I did not body shame a single person. In fact those who want the surgery done already feel their bodies have shamed them. Don't put blame on me where none exists. Remember the idjit traitor that went to Leavenworth then had the Federal Government pay for it? You say you are all about equality, where is our money that was spent on that dumb behind's surgery? When do I get a fair share when does Bernie get his money? Or is everything in life for free? Ain't nothing in life free, even walking to the park and the park wasn't free either. Body shaming, shame on you. Next you will be saying that I am body shaming someone who wants to cut their perfectly good leg off. Think about that one.

My apologies, Theseus.....wrong choice of words on my part.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

They should literally stick with the don't ask, don't tell.  I won't ask, you don't need to volunteer the info.  If they are willing to fight on the front line for our Country, then so be it, all else needs to stay to themselves.  Society hasn't quiet accepted this wacky transgender issue, but this is just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

I for one think having a Mental Issue is Automatic Disqualification from Any and All Military Service......Now if one was Born a Boy, grew up as a boy turns into and Adult and all of the sudden believes he is of the Female Gender.....Said person has a Mental Issue if ya ask me. Same goes for the other way around when a girl grow up as a girl only to later in life decide she is really a man.....It just doesn't happen that way.

Just my opinion but hey, I have completely different parts than my GF and I was born a Boy and she was born a Girl.

Karsten

On 11/6/2017 at 3:01 PM, 8th ID said:

Theseus, I agree with what you said. Anyways, I want to know how they got into the military in the first place. Doctors have said repeatedly that this is a mental disorder. So how did they get in?

While most psychiatrists and psychologists agree this is a mental condition, there are those who do not. All we have to do is thank the Clintonistas for this one and the Bummer administration for making a mental condition a normality through rule of law. It's like someone had a cold and were allowed to walk through a hospital without a face mask on. People do it. When caught they get thrown out of the hospital. Now think if the Bummer with his lame pen and phone created an executive order saying all people with colds never have to wear a face mask in a hospital because it hides their ugly mugs. The majority of people would cry out this is wrong but Bummer won't listen. Now think of those liberal judges who upon the next president rescinding this and the liberal judge blocks him from doing so. A majority of people again cry out and its still wrong. The judges don't listen and continues blocking Trump at every turn. The sole reason for blocking Trump is not because the President is Trump but because the President wants to rescind his predecessor's decision who just happened to be the opposite party. If Hitlary had gained office and Hitlary had rescinded this, not a peep would be uttered by the Lamestream media or those with a D (stands for douchebag) behind their names. This is politics plain and simple. For those who haven't read the book, need to read Naked Communism. A real eye opener. Let's just say this, people will be people however those who find out (too late) that they were being used for another agenda, which is happening with this stupid LGBTABDC supercalifragilistic magic Hari Krishna bs stuff going on, it is their own fault for being blind. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2