Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ford not scrapping plans

Ford not scrapping plans to build Mexico factories: company exec

AFP 15 hours ago

•  

Report issue

Mexico City (AFP) - Ford is sticking with its plan to build two new factories in Mexico, despite an announcement last month that it had scrapped plans for a plant in the central state of San Luis Potosi.

The US carmaker said a planned factory in the central state of Guanajuato will build engines and transmissions, while another in the northern city of Chihuahua will make car parts for use by Ford factories in the United States, South America and Asia.

The two facilities will cost about $2.5 billion and employ some 3,800 people, said Gabriel Lopez, president and CEO of Ford Mexico.

Ford without warning last month canceled plans to build a $1.6 billion project in San Luis Potosi.

It is one of several American companies coming under pressure from US President Donald Trump, who has offered inducements to keep some US manufacturers in the United States, and threatened others with punishing tariffs if they go.

Ford, which has been operating in Mexico for about 90 years, currently employs around 9,000 workers in Mexico, according to Lopez.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Bring the Trump brand home....do the right thing, set the example.  America first!

GO RV, then BV

I liked it better the way you normally are. ( just kidding ) This is an excellent post. STOP, I hate giving you green ones, but once again I have to as this is great post.

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 3

The only people who will suffer from tariffs are you and me... Do you really believe that corporations will eat the added expense? Don't be silly... I guess you can boycott, but you won't be driving, watching TV or doing anything, because nearly everything is imported. Hell half the food we eat is imported.

And as Shabs says, lead by example. Make your product lines here and not in some child labor sweat shop. Why don't you write your president and see what he says to that. I'm willing to bet, he would saying I'm going to do it and by the way, did you buy your Trump memorable coin set yet?

B/A

• Upvote 1