Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Star US student in storm after admitting she is 'undocumented' migrant

umbertino

7 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

You should take Patty's advice and start a new thread expressing your concerns.   :D  On a quick side note:  We should blame all you suggested, including the private sector.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

I do not need another thread as my post tied directly to the OP.  But, as you point out, we are in agreement that illegal immigration is the governments and the private sectors fault (still not sure that you agree it is also the illegal immigrants fault though).  Common ground, that’s nice.  Now that we have identified the problem, what do you propose for a solution?  Maybe we can agree on that too, stranger things have happened.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2016 at 0:05 PM, Shabibilicious said:

What's really sad is she's obviously smarter than any American kids in her graduating class.  <_<  Motivation has no borders.  

GO RV, then BV 

You're right. Our schools are full of illegals which take away from American  citizen children. I say America first let's focus on our own children our own citizens. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RV ME said:

I do not need another thread as my post tied directly to the OP.  But, as you point out, we are in agreement that illegal immigration is the governments and the private sectors fault (still not sure that you agree it is also the illegal immigrants fault though).  Common ground, that’s nice.  Now that we have identified the problem, what do you propose for a solution?  Maybe we can agree on that too, stranger things have happened.

I do believe blame lies with undocumented immigrants, as well.  I'm sure you and I will differ when it comes to a solution, for I don't believe in breaking up families....but I do believe in providing a pathway for citizenship, with a strict time frame.....and taxes, taxes, taxes.  You wanna stay in this country, you'll have to earn it.  I also believe building a wall is a huge waste of resources and one the Mexican government will never agree to pay for, ever.  We're not Israel and Mexicans are not trying to kill us.  As always, just my opinion.  :)

GO RV, then BV

8 hours ago, jg1 said:

You're right. Our schools are full of illegals which take away from American  citizen children. I say America first let's focus on our own children our own citizens. 

No offense, jg1.....I would rather have my child earn the top spot against all competition.  Winning by default is the equivalent of a participation trophy.  As always, just my opinion.  :mellow:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

No offense, jg1.....I would rather have my child earn the top spot against all competition.  Winning by default is the equivalent of a participation trophy.  As always, just my opinion. 

GO thenBV

Even if they are taking jobs away from your children. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jg1 said:

Even if they are taking jobs away from your children. 

If you're referring to a fast food joint or mowing lawns that any typical kid would do.....then I don't really care.  There's plenty of odd jobs for kids to do.  If you're talking about undocumented immigrant adults, then Yes, I have a problem with them taking away jobs, just as I have a problem with person(s) that will hire them.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

37 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

If you're referring to a fast food joint or mowing lawns that any typical kid would do.....then I don't really care.  There's plenty of odd jobs for kids to do.  If you're talking about undocumented immigrant adults, then Yes, I have a problem with them taking away jobs, just as I have a problem with person(s) that will hire them.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

So you have no problem with illegal immigrant children taking jobs away from American children, but you do have a problem with illegal immigrant adults taking jobs away from American adults?!?!?  News flash, illegal immigrant children grow up to be illegal immigrant adults.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, RV ME said:

So you have no problem with illegal immigrant children taking jobs away from American children, but you do have a problem with illegal immigrant adults taking jobs away from American adults?!?!?  News flash, illegal immigrant children grow up to be illegal immigrant adults.

Correct.......I would never blame a child thrust into a situation that's completely beyond their control.  ;)  I don't accept the theory of "once a loser, always a loser".

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1

Correct.......I would never blame a child thrust into a situation that's completely beyond their control.  ;)  I don't accept the theory of "once a loser, always a loser".

GO RV, then BV 

So please clarify, at what point does the blameless illegal immigrant child no longer get a free pass and becomes an illegal immigrant adult that you do have a problem with? :confused2:  (I wish there was a head scratching emoticon.)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RV ME said:

So please clarify, at what point does the blameless illegal immigrant child no longer get a free pass and becomes an illegal immigrant adult that you do have a problem with? :confused2:  (I wish there was a head scratching emoticon.)

At adulthood, of course.  You alright?  You seem off your game today.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

19 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

At adulthood, of course.  You alright?  You seem off your game today.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

Not off my game, just trying a different tack to get a substantive answer from you.  Since we were able to reach a common ground I got my hopes up a little, but you shot that down with your reply.  You said your solution probably differs from mine, and that may be so, but since you refuse to state what your solution is, that is pure speculation on your part.  It would be nice to actually discuss solutions rather than just rehashing what you are against.  Criticism is easy, solutions not so much.

So last we talked we reached common ground that we are both against adult illegal immigrants taking jobs from Americans.  Since we agree on that, and estimates run anywhere from 12,000,000 to 30,000,000 illegal immigrants in America, what do you propose be done to change the status quo?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RV ME said:

Not off my game, just trying a different tack to get a substantive answer from you.  Since we were able to reach a common ground I got my hopes up a little, but you shot that down with your reply.  You said your solution probably differs from mine, and that may be so, but since you refuse to state what your solution is, that is pure speculation on your part.  It would be nice to actually discuss solutions rather than just rehashing what you are against.  Criticism is easy, solutions not so much.

So last we talked we reached common ground that we are both against adult illegal immigrants taking jobs from Americans.  Since we agree on that, and estimates run anywhere from 12,000,000 to 30,000,000 illegal immigrants in America, what do you propose be done to change the status quo?

Perhaps you didn't read my earlier post.  It may or may not be what your asking, but it seemed like the beginning of a logical "solution" when I typed it.  :shrug:

Here it is again for your consideration.  

On 6/16/2016 at 7:18 AM, Shabibilicious said:

I do believe blame lies with undocumented immigrants, as well.  I'm sure you and I will differ when it comes to a solution, for I don't believe in breaking up families....but I do believe in providing a pathway for citizenship, with a strict time frame.....and taxes, taxes, taxes.  You wanna stay in this country, you'll have to earn it.  I also believe building a wall is a huge waste of resources and one the Mexican government will never agree to pay for, ever.  We're not Israel and Mexicans are not trying to kill us.  As always, just my opinion.  :)

GO RV, then BV

38 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Perhaps you didn't read my earlier post.  It may or may not be what your asking, but it seemed like the beginning of a logical "solution" when I typed it.  :shrug:

Here it is again for your consideration.  

GO RV, then BV

I hope you realize we already have a path to citizenship, it’s called legal immigration.  And those who want to become Americans the correct way are severely hampered by those that feel free to break the law thinking they will eventually be rewarded.  So what is your plan for this path to citizenship you speak of?  Platitudes are not really a plan or solution.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RV ME said:

I hope you realize we already have a path to citizenship, it’s called legal immigration.  And those who want to become Americans the correct way are severely hampered by those that feel free to break the law thinking they will eventually be rewarded.  So what is your plan for this path to citizenship you speak of?  Platitudes are not really a plan or solution.

Said the Trump supporter.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

Said the Trump supporter.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

Ironic that one with such deep seeded TDS takes pride when emulating Trump.  Back to the subject, is “pathway to citizenship” and “taxes taxes taxes” all you can come up with?  If so I will stop wasting my time trying to have that substantive conversation and chalk it up as a microcosm of what is wrong with our country.  Scoring political points being more important than actual solutions.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RV ME said:

Ironic that one with such deep seeded TDS takes pride when emulating Trump.  Back to the subject, is “pathway to citizenship” and “taxes taxes taxes” all you can come up with?  If so I will stop wasting my time trying to have that substantive conversation and chalk it up as a microcosm of what is wrong with our country.  Scoring political points being more important than actual solutions.

You can't help but waste your time with me.....It's that thrill of the last word.  It's what defines you...and probably me, as well.  And you're wrong about the microcosm of the country.  What's wrong with this country is people's desire to inflict their will upon others.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

You can't help but waste your time with me.....It's that thrill of the last word.  It's what defines you...and probably me, as well.  And you're wrong about the microcosm of the country.  What's wrong with this country is people's desire to inflict their will upon others.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

You said it there regarding the waste of time.  But getting the last word is rather childish and is not what defines me.  And there are plenty of microcosmic problems harming the country and I agree with the one you offer.  However, if you confuse me trying to get a substantive discussion with you as inflicting my will on you….I would have to ask if you secretly write for the NY Times http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/221032-a-seriously-sissified-shooting-story/  Retreat to your safe space and have a good weekend.  :peace:

On 6/14/2016 at 4:55 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Did you even read the story?  She was brought here when she was 2.  I doubt it was her idea....that she packed up her older brothers and sisters, mom, dad and herded them to the border.  She's 17 years old.  Any one of you people would consider a daughter of yours that's 17 years old to be a child.  Sure she should remedy her citizenship status and perhaps she will....my point was nothing more than, she's the smartest kid in her class.  If the American kids and their parents can't handle that, maybe they should crack some books.  Sheesh.  B)

GO RV, then BV

Blame it on her parents not us. Her parents broke the law none of them are citizens they should all go home together. Like a big happy family. Take those Newfound skills money and put it to good use  where they came from. Just because you're handicapped or below-average intelligence does not make you any less of a American. Vice a versa.

• Upvote 1