Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trying To KTF......

harry2299

Hello everyone I dont post very often but always check in on how things are going, I dont wanna sound pathetic but I will share this as I really need to vent,Friday I was laid off of my job of 21 years, my boss told me with tears in his eyes he had to let me go, he said that the money promised from our president has not even been seen buy our customers......bottom line I am 46 years old I am a welder by trade and now out of work, just like many middle class americans........I pray as we all do that our investment will come through.....I will start looking for a job right away, but it dont look good, I live in New Jersey and there really isnt much in my field.....So I will keep my chin up try and stay positive and say GO RV.......I hope I did not bring anyone down with this post, I already had a good cry, and am trying to be optimistic...the one thing I cant do is wait for an RV, so I will try like hell to find a job and keep my house......thanks and God Bless You.

I have faith that things will work out ,,,,so should you KTF. you need this and for you i hope you get what you need to get by till this thing is over ,,,soon i hope Good luck and take care

Hello everyone I dont post very often but always check in on how things are going, I dont wanna sound pathetic but I will share this as I really need to vent,Friday I was laid off of my job of 21 years, my boss told me with tears in his eyes he had to let me go, he said that the money promised from our president has not even been seen buy our customers......bottom line I am 46 years old I am a welder by trade and now out of work, just like many middle class americans........I pray as we all do that our investment will come through.....I will start looking for a job right away, but it dont look good, I live in New Jersey and there really isnt much in my field.....So I will keep my chin up try and stay positive and say GO RV.......I hope I did not bring anyone down with this post, I already had a good cry, and am trying to be optimistic...the one thing I cant do is wait for an RV, so I will try like hell to find a job and keep my house......thanks and God Bless You.

Just adding to the positive vibes and prayers everyone is sending you. I was told by surprise in March that my position was no longer needed. Fortunately, I was able to find another job and remain with my current employer. I am 51 years old and felt that God heard my prayers. Keep your positve momentum, don't let yourself get dragged down. God will hear your prayers as He has heard mine and those of the others who have taken the time to share their experience. I'll add you to my prayer list.

• Upvote 1

My dad is a blacksmith ( 5th generation ) I know how hard it is in that field, but working with your hands has givn you talents alot of people dont have. keep that in mind think out side the box and you will find something to hold you over until the RV happens ... You mentioned that you hope your post does not bring anyone down well I hope on the contrary it seems to have brought some people together. People in the same boat now have a way to talk and get some of their fears and frustrations out. There are many families in our country going through this but just like in the past it will be over ... Just batten down the hatches and the sun will be out soon. My thoughts to you though are you are one of the LUCKY ones .... You have DINAR and hope of RV so it will help carry you through.

Good Luck God Bless

• Upvote 1

Been there, done that. Last year. Hang in there and keep searching for a job. Something better may be in your future. I just made my job at the time looking for a job and finding side jobs. Hopefully with your welding skills you can find some side jobs to help carry you through. Good luck and you're in my prayers too.

Harry, I am sorry to about your job, not sure if this is something you would be interested in or not. I am in Iraq working in the IT industry. I know Fluer, KBR, and ITT Systems (GMASS) have all recently signed LOGCAP contracts (mechanics, welders, construction, electricians, etc.). These companies have contracts all over the globe, go online for the information. Hope this helps, good luck and God Bless.

Hang in there your not alone! I was laid off thursday the 20th from my job of 15 years. I was installing and maintaining NEC phone systems in the DFW area and believe me no one is buying new systems in this economy. Im 39 and just filed for unemployment for the first time in my life. I could sure use an RV but i will keep going on my faith. keep looking for some thing is out there - I am.

OK being Americans we find solutions to problems. Craft trade magazine is a national over the counter listing of all employers nation wide looking for people for shut-downs, turn-arounds, and scheduled & unscheduled outages. You are a welder of 21 years. That puts your payscale in the 30's and up per hour. Also it would be worth it to check in with your local Union Hall, as they will have the highest pay rate & benefits as well as have inside intell as to where the best high paying jobs are. Check within the power generation industry as they are crying for tube welders who can pass a welding test. Best of luck to you. --Sincerly, Your Brother in Christ. :rolleyes:

I feel your pain.

22 years with General Motors and was laid off

in January of 2009.

Haven't found anything yet.

Starting to feel like a leper.

I didn't have a corner office (with a view)

on the 45th floor of an office building in

downtown Detroit.

I didn't tell (or cause) GM to do their rendition

of Oliver Twist in front of the government.

I didn't kill the industry, but it sure feels like I'm

suffering from that "Guilty by association" thing.

I was a Parts guy.

Interviews outside the industry always end up with

"love the experience and what you can do, but we're

hoping to find someone that's already been in (insert industry here).".

Parts are parts.

Doesn't matter if it's automobiles, airplanes, or appliances.

Parts are parts.

Being typecast sucks.

4472453681_9fb0310f7a.jpg

I KNOW A PLACE A WELDER CAN GO TO WORK FAST....IN FREEPORT TEXAS....WELDERS ARE IN HIGH DEMAND....MAY HAVE TO TRAVEL BUT WORK IS THERE....HERE ARE SOME COMPANIES

TRI-CON IN FREEPORT(I KNOW THEM PERSONALLY)

INFINITI CONSTRUCTION(FREEPORT, TX)

GULF STATES(FREEPORT,TX)

HOPE THIS HELPS

I'm Living in Jones Creek Jammin > Haven't seen anyone else from our area.

• Upvote 1

Harry,

First let me say although I don't know any of the people, except through their posts, here on DV, I am extremely proud of everyone!

Such an outpouring of love and helpfull thoughts from all these guys and gals is a pleasure to see and be a part of.

At 47 I lost my wife, my job and any self respect I had. I only say this so you know I understand where everyone is comming from and can relate.

I

made the decision to give all the stress and pain to my God and have never looked back.I am very happy with my life at 61 now and

would not trade the expierences or hardships it took to get here.

Never give up on yourself and do the things you really don't feel like doing, talk to the people you really don't want to talk to and above all know that you matter!

Thanks,

Mike

Larry-I am going to start by saying you have a gift in bringing out the good in others. It is a rare occasion when 2 pages in post are written in support of DV members. It does happen, but not often. Perhaps it is because we are so busy trying to discern the facts that we forget there are real people behind the messages. You have done that-reminded us. It has been my personal experience that no good deed goes unnoticed. When you touch people and change their lives, yours changes also. I thank you for what you have shared and in revealing the character of others.

You are in my prayers. And please keep us ( well if not us you can message me) updated with information about your progress.

The best advice I ever got when I was out of work was something I never forgot. A career counselor said to me "Finding work is just a problem and you have solved problems before."

Good Luck

Always pray to your Guardian Angel when you are looking for something (I know this sounds crazy but it really works)

I am at a lost for words, the compassion and inspiration that you have all have shown me in this tough time in my life will never be forgotten.There really are people who care, and all your thoughts and prayers have helped heal my pain.I am and always have been a proud man.I will ktf and chase that window of oppurtunity as I see this as a new beginning, much thanks to all your post....God Bless You All as you are fine people......Go RV......Thank you Harry.

• Upvote 1