Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What The Heck Is Wrong With Reuters?

What The H*ll Is Wrong With Reuters?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:53PM GMT

372107_Reuters-News-Agency.jpg

The logo of the UK-based Reuters "news agency"

That Western media frequently and blatantly distort events and disquote officials with a view to manipulating public minds is no news; however, one "news agency", the UK-based Reuters, has in recent times been repeatedly and unabashedly breaking new grounds in this regard.

Just recently, Reuters sought to portray as mere allegation a United Nations report on a range of violations committed by the Takfiri ISIL terrorists against civilians in Iraq.

A UN report, compiled by the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) and the UN human rights office (OHCHR), said on July 18 that ISIL terrorists and its allies are carrying out “large-scale killings, injuries and destruction and damage of livelihoods and property.”

The report also said that children have been disproportionately affected by the conflict.“ISIL and associated armed groups have carried out many of these attacks in a systematic manner heedless of the impact on civilians, or have systematically targeted civilians and civilian infrastructure with the intention of killing and wounding as many civilians as possible,” the report stated.

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said, “The deliberate or indiscriminate targeting of civilians, the killing of civilians, the use of civilians as shields, the hindering of access for civilians to humanitarian assistance may amount to war crimes or crimes against humanity.”

In its news article, Reuters claimed that the United Nations has “accused” the ISIL of war crimes and wrote: “U.N. accuses Islamic State of executions, rape, child abuse in Iraq” while the report by the UN vehemently slams the barbarities of the ISIL terrorists, stating that their criminality amounts up to war crimes.However, in covering the UN report, Reuters threw away any semblance of impartiality on the ISIL terrorists’ crimes.

Meanwhile, Reuters used the word “fighters” for these terrorists.

Further to that, the news agency had previously breached the principle of impartiality on Iran by publishing biased and manipulated articles on young Iranian women training in the Japanese martial arts, Ninjutsu.

On February 18, 2012, Reuters showed a number of Iranian girls practicing martial arts in a city near Tehran, claiming Iran was training more than 3,000 female ninjas to kill any possible foreign invaders.

The report claimed that the athletes are undercover assassins in the service of the Islamic Republic.

In September, 2012, a court in Tehran found London-based Reuters news agency guilty over the report.

SF/HMV/SL

http://www.presstv.com/detail/372107.html

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

simple infiltration at the highest levels , control the media control the masses

boy do I miss walter Cronkite

I do too Kenshin... didn't he used to say "just the facts"?

But knowing what we know now... I have to wonder if the guberment hadn't affected our media even back then?

Maybe not as bad as it is now... but I suspect they were still "influenced" even then.

We know how awful ISIS is because we read Iraqi articles here everyday... just imagine average Americans busy with their lives that only hear what Reuters feeds our MSM... what do they know about the situation there?...Pretty much 0.

A good example is the article that K98 brought in about ISIS and the atrocities being committed against young girls in Iraq... the western media is totally silent about that and all the other atrocities and murders that have been happening in Syria. (for 3 yrs)

Edited by Maggie123

I frequently listen to NPR reports.  Around mid-June, I remember listening to an NPR radio report which was extenuated due to Obama/and his camp's postponement of the address re Iraq.  All of the journalist's, save one, came on and said "Iraq has just re-elected Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki and we do not expect a solution to the terrorists insurgency anytime soon." or something like that. Then, they had a reporter, who was stationed in Erbil, I think her name was "Deb" Amos - her report was broadcast and she quickly "dressed down" all of the reporter's by informing them that they had no idea of how the Iraqi Parliamentary system worked and that Maliki's career as PM was hanging in the balance at present..and she went on to "correct" the "Journo's" and listeners.  I was very impressed with her report - but - it just goes to show you how people become lazy and don't want to do any research and will take what they think has happened, because they're too lazy to research, and will run with statements, as if they're facts.  

It's near the end of July now and I still here radio reports stating that Maliki has been re-elected - because no one / or I should say most in media, do not want to perform "due diligence" re Iraq and what's really happening.

I read a report from a US military commander, who stated that the ISIL "troops" numbered no more than 10K people.  With combined forces between the US, the Iraqi Military, the Peshmerga and other non-"terrorist" Sunni forces...there's almost 3.5 million against this reported 10K.  So, we have to ask ourselves, "what the heck is really going on here?"...and "who are we going to believe?"  Our govt, IMHO, is not telling us the truth about this.  For whatever reason.

I also remember reading BBC pro Maliki press releases, BEFORE Obama came out and addressed the nation about this.  These people in the news are morons.  It makes me think of that Don Henley song.  

Thanks Maggie

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 1

who controls what ????

Dig into the corporate structure of ALL of the major news media outlets.. most importantly the board of directors, and you will

discover a who's who of  top executives and leaders of WalledStreet©....

Government Sachs, Bark-lays, Wellsfartngo, Citigrope, The Federal Returds, and on and on and on.....

The news you receive is carefully structured to increase their profits ....

The best things in life RV

yak

Yeah, watching the lies  is getting sickening.   I find myself yelling at the TV calling them liars.  The media is pumping up WWIII.  I am so sick of our media trying to tell me how to think about Russia, China, Cuba etc etc.  For that matter, how to think about this country.  The dumbing down of america is making a bread that to which critical thinking a thing of the past.   Ask someone who watches the news about current events.  They will tell the story verbatim by cnn, fox, or msnbc.    And they never get the whole story or the TRUTH.    Try and educate them and they get mad.  Try to get them to look elsewhere for news and they can't leave their paradigm.  It's just a shame.  They believe that Russia is communist, Saddam is dead, and insurgents are trying to ruin the democracy, they think Egypt is an ancient city of the bible, osama bin laden died when the seals went in.  But I bet they don't have a clue that whole crew have been killed.  Why?  They need to ask why and go listen to Benazir Bhutto (

)  who talks about his death nonchalantly as if everyone knows.   Why is she dead?  Just sickening that this country has an embargo on the truth.