Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cheney: History will record the failure of Obama and al-Maliki in Iraq

yota691

Whatshername! Thanks for your input. +1 Looks like we've got a bunch of O fans here. Here are a couple of questions for you. Did the Pentagon tell O to leave troops in Iraq? Yes! Did we? No. Is our economy better off now? BTW: count the people that have given up all hopes of getting a job. No Again. Are countries emboldened to confront us due to our weak leadership? Yes again.

Maybe if we had left troops in Iraq we would be counting our money right now instead of the ridiculousness we're watching right now.

JMHO!

Thanks GGGECKO... and back at ya!  The O fans will always tell you what really bothers them.  Cheney is right and, deep down... they know it!  Good questions (thanks for answering them for me!)  ;)  I couldn't agree more.  I also believe that Iraq was stable when we left... not perfect by any measure, but stable.  Had we stayed to support that stability and nurture their budding democracy, I think the entire middle east would be less volatile. Al-Qaeda and ISIS would still be in their hidy-holes, Syria might look very different, and yes... I think it's possible that by now, Iraq could have been growing and prospering instead of spiraling out of control. 

@ Rochester

Indeed... Freedom of speech is fan-freakin-tastic!  Discourse is healthy... I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions either... what fun would that be?  As a resident of Canada (America-light), you seem very comfortable expressing your opinions about our leaders and political objectives.  Nothing to complain about in Utopia, I suppose!  Well, you won't hear me telling you to MYOB... but, be duly warned... I will always require your intellectual honesty.  Please take that as the compliment I intend it to be. I don't engage just anyone on this board because... well... there's no sport in it!  You seem to be well-spoken and, though I disagree with most everything you say, I defend your right to say it.  Also, I enjoy the fodder of liberal logic... it amuses me! ;) Have a very good rest of your day!

• Upvote 6

WOW Never thought I would hear sense from ****.............................:)

Obama's big mistake came early in his term in attempting to force or bully his way in Washington!

Set the stage for for his numerous failures through his two terms! He will go down in history as one of the least effective leaders to sit the big chair!

:(

• Upvote 2

@whatshername, good advice......lots of things here I read, don't agree with, and don't respond to....and I'll be more  careful, who I engage...thx

I'm a "Live and let live" guy, generally.

As to why I am a critic of America: it's the most important country in the world, and what it does impacts the rest of the world, far more than any other country, by far.

I think that being the #1 Country in the world, for so many things, makes America the target not just for Canadian criticism, but from the rest of the world as well.

That goes with the territory of being a Super Power.

What goes on in Canada is not much consequence to the rest of the world, but America is different.

America is the most consequential country in the world, by far. It just is.

In their times, everyone talked about the Roman Empire. Then in their times, it was the Brits turn. Now it's America's turn.

As to Canada, or Utopia, it's actually pretty boring politically, usually.

Also Canada and America have a very odd relationship. Canadians tend to be quite knowledgeable about America, but Americans tend to know very little about Canada.

As one of our Prime Ministers put it: "Being Canadian and living next to the United States is like being a mouse, living next to an Elephant!"

thx

Whatshername! Thanks for your input. +1 Looks like we've got a bunch of O fans here. Here are a couple of questions for you. Did the Pentagon tell O to leave troops in Iraq? Yes! Did we? No. Is our economy better off now? BTW: count the people that have given up all hopes of getting a job. No Again. Are countries emboldened to confront us due to our weak leadership? Yes again.

Maybe if we had left troops in Iraq we would be counting our money right now instead of the ridiculousness we're watching right now.

JMHO!

JMHO!

Very well said Gggecko. I totally agree.
  • Upvote 1

11:05:17 / 07/2014

usarmy-1-7-2014-bbb.jpg

Khandan - Zia Caliph  dawn commander of the U.S. Marine Corps (Marines) Gen. James Amos a big surprise when he accused Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki encouraged by the acquisition of power and the exclusion of Sunni Arabs as a result of U.S. military withdrawal from Iraq. remarks came commander of the U.S. Marine Corps (Marines), Gen. James Amos, to add to the debate Altdm between officials of Americans, about the responsibility for the deterioration of the security situation in Iraq, where attributed Amos deterioration of security and the control of armed groups on large areas of Iraq to the White House decision to withdraw U.S. combat forces are fully in 2011. " said Amos In an interview discussion interview with "Brookings Institution" for Studies and Research, in Masachussets, on Tuesday, 15/07/2014: "The deterioration of the security and control of the armed factions on large areas of Iraq back to the White House's decision to withdraw U.S. combat troops completely from Iraq At the end of 2011, "adding that" this withdrawal encouraged Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki, to acquire power and work to the exclusion of Sunni Arabs and push them into the arms of the "Islamic State" (Daash), which in turn gained control of large areas of Iraq . " said Amos, who took office at the end of October 2010 that "the control of the militants in these areas in Iraq, it was possible to avoid it if they did not withdraw U.S. combat troops completely from the country in 2011." With pointed out that the war on Iraq killed 856 dead and 8,500 wounded Marines, said he was "pained to see him Anbar province, which was the stronghold of the rebellion which succeeded the Marines in cleared, and at great expense, have signed up in the hands of the militants again."  attacked Amos who "refuse to carry out the U.S. obligations to the world , "and who" are demanding re-entry of the troops home, "describing the strategy of" isolation ", applied by the United States, as a strategy of" naive "because" the United States, like it or not, have a role in this dangerous world. "

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/182545-james-amos-us-withdrawal-encouraged-maliki-to-seize-power/#ixzz37iVSu4dX

• Upvote 1