Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq dropping 3 zeros from currency

nutrinobaem

Come on people i think all these years of investment WOULD BE WASTE if Iraq removes 3 zeroes from their currency, see there are already two similar examples of Turkey and Romania in recent past dropping zeroes from their currency and exchanging 1 new Tuirkish Lira to 1 million old lira in case of Turkey and 10,000 "old" lei (ROL) for one "new" leu (RON) in case of Romania, so it appears Iraq is going on same track and our investment would certainly be a ripoff if this happens. You can see the history of Turkish currency here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira and Romanian currency here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_leu

EXPERT OPINIONS ON THIS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

Edited by nutrinobaem
  • Downvote 2

Also it has been specifically mentioned in wikipedia that the value of Iraqi currency declined due to excessive printing of new notes.. here is what wikipedia article says " Due to excessive government printing of the new notes issue" , the dinar devalued quickly, and in late 1995, US$1 was valued at 3,000 dinars" . Here is the link to that article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar .So this is a danger signal that we are on the verge of LOP and not RV this would not be good if it happens folks. All this years of waiting would be utter waste of time if they LOP

• Downvote 2

Also it has been specifically mentioned in wikipedia that the value of Iraqi currency declined due to excessive printing of new notes.. here is what wikipedia article says " Due to excessive government printing of the new notes issue" , the dinar devalued quickly, and in late 1995, US$1 was valued at 3,000 dinars" . Here is the link to that article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar .So this is a danger signal that we are on the verge of LOP and not RV this would not be good if it happens folks. All this years of waiting would be utter waste of time if they LOP

Nutrinobaem: I appreciate your effort in studying the investment, but honestly, the source you cited is unreliable. It is not a scholarly source, nor is it even factually based. Wikipedia can be adjusted by anybody and sometimes evil, uneducated people contribute false information.

I hate to break the news to you, but wikipedia has many opinions posted as fact. I have heard this from others too. Just a thought.

• 3 years later...

When "new notes" comes up, I think OLD HAT.
Been here before, but also I think these will be a part of the LOPster plan.
I know, don't be negative, but direct currency replacement (redenomination or RD) has been a fact for lots of countries.
You think the African countries that have bricks of currency for daily use will RV those very bills to US 50 cents if there was suddenly a gold vein that went for miles?
I would laugh so hard!!

Admittedly we're in a unique possible situation, but wouldn't it be logical to run a country rebirth with a sensibly placed decimal currency complete with the Iraqi centavo, whatever that is? fils? All we have been shown for coins are the mint issued representational 2 coins that are IMO like government proofs - made for oohs n aahs but not released to the general public as normal money. (yet?)

Here's something also....
Anyone read the KWD Wiki?
"When Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, the Iraqi dinar replaced the Kuwaiti dinar as the currency and large quantities of banknotes were stolen by the invading forces. After liberation, the Kuwaiti dinar was restored as the country's currency and a new banknote series was introduced, allowing the previous notes, including those stolen, to be demonetized."

(Things that make you go HHMMMMMM....)

However the worst thing that could happen in our case is a RD not a demonetization.

</2cents>