Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sen. Ted Cruz says Democrats plan to 'repeal the First Amendment'

RTX14A4F.jpg?1382691640
Captain Blowhard, away.
Actual Senator Ted Cruz:
Hey, I'm shocked too. I wasn't aware that a repeal of the First Amendment was in the works—is this some Duck Dynasty thing? I can't keep track.Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) drew audible gasps Thursday when he told gathering of Christian conservatives that Democrats intended to amend the Constitution to limit free speech.

“When you think it can’t get any worse, it does,” Cruz warned at the Watchmen on the Wall gathering of pastors sponsored by the Family Research Council.

“This year, I’m sorry to tell you, the United States Senate is going to be voting on a constitutional amendment to repeal the First Amendment,” Cruz said, to the audible shock of the crowd.

Oooooooooh. It appears Cruz is talking about a campaign spending amendment proposed by New Mexico Tom Udall meant to overturn the Citizens United decision and lessen the flood of corporate money into American elections. That's the First Amendment he's talking about, the newfangled one that says corporations are people and money is speech and the oil companies are citizens more than you or I will ever be and how dare you try and limit the ability of corporations to explicitly buy the election results they want throughout the nation because that makes Patriot Jesus cry. Yeah, it's not going to happen. The Udall proposal would require the Republicans to be on board as well, and Republicans would rather chew their own arms off than take their hands out of that cookie jar.“I am telling you, I am not making this up,” Cruz said. “Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has announced the Senate Democrats are scheduling a vote on a constitutional amendment to give Congress the authority to regulate political speech, because elected officials have decided they don’t like it when the citizenry has the temerity to criticize what they’ve done.”

I should have known Cruz was talking about money. Whenever a tea-party type talks about the Constitution, it's always something about money. Even when it's about guns, it's about money.

http://youtu.be/3jO7DKXXklI

Ted Cruz Drops Bombshell: Senate Democrats to 'repeal the First Amendment' this Year
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"HunterFollow," clearly a Democrat, will be surprised if he ever does want to object to anything Schumer says, gets enacted into law, or even wants, because that's when Schumer's new law, you know, the one that overrides our American Constitution's first amendment, kicks in, and HF will be hauled off to jail for even objecting. Recently, Chuck Schumer has indicated that he wants to destroy the basis of our Constitution, which itself, was based on powerful codes of law throughout history. I just can't imagine Schumer's self-centered brain out-thinking not only our forefathers, but also some of the best lawgivers throughout the entire history of the world.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Besides, our forefathers knew there would be future despots like Schumer, and that is why they included the very law that stops Schumer from making laws that keep us from being able to voice our opinions and discontent. Schumer not only wants to do whatever he wants to do, but he doesn't want to have to listen to us when we object. What a guy!! I bet his wife could tell us how much fun he is to live with at home, too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Judging from the 5 negs I received, I must conclude you do want some rich guy's opinion to be worth a lot more than yours.

Perhaps his vote should be worth more too. How many votes for the Koch brothers each? Two? A thousand? A million?

But you'll have just one...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Judging from the 5 negs I received, I must conclude you do want some rich guy's opinion to be worth a lot more than yours.

Perhaps his vote should be worth more too. How many votes for the Koch brothers each? Two? A thousand? A million?

But you'll have just one...

Many here can only knee jerk and may not be capable of reading the whole article.

Get the money outta politics.

• Upvote 2