Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bond Auctions Thoughts

Tankwalker

A friend forwarded this to me from another site.  I don't know anything about the person who posted this info but I know there has been a lot of talk about the bonds on here lately, so I thought I'd see if anyone has any thoughts.

[wmawhite] During November in Geneva.............the CBI made an announcement that it would sell bonds for the first time since before Saddam for support of its monetary policy.  Well,...................................guess what!!!!   The CBI has posted on their website a schedule for the sale of $200,000,000 in bonds every two weeks starting 7 January 2014.  Say goodbye to the auctions....................say hello to a new rate in the IQD.

Announcement Number (C100 ) 29-Dec-2013

The auction No. C100 for Central Bank of Iraq bills based on a uniform price auction for IQD 200'000'000'000 par value for the bills  concluded on 29-12-2013.

The total public bidding is IQD 296'000'000'000 and the cut-off yield (the highest yield of the  successful bidder) determined by the auction was 4.80%.

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CbiAuctions

I am also attaching a spreadsheet of the 2014 bond auctions!  It includes dates of the auctions, maturity dates, and auction rates!

Also remember:  Note: ISX will be closed during December 29, 2013 - January 6, 2014 due to the end-of-year closing operations. The next session will be held on Tuesday, January 7, 2014.

So, bond auctions and ISX trading will begin on January 7th, 2014.  Very interesting to say the least!!!!

• Upvote 2