Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi News intresting link to the Imf sight

WOW...

That pretty much says it in a nut shell....

Wonder what the "experts" will have to say on that.

Looks like we better all be prepared to sit on this "investment" for more years to come...

Excellent work blackjackspy. Finally some real info. Even if it wasn't good news.

WOW...

That pretty much says it in a nut shell....

Wonder what the "experts" will have to say on that.

Looks like we better all be prepared to sit on this "investment" for more years to come...

Excellent work blackjackspy. Finally some real info. Even if it wasn't good news.

I'm completely lost here. Apparently I can't view what you saw. What's the bad news?

E. Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies

31. The CBI intends to maintain its present monetary and exchange rate policies,

which are aimed at keeping inflation in the single digits and further reducing

dollarization. In the absence of an effective monetary transmission mechanism, the

exchange rate remains the CBI’s main policy instrument. Up until late 2008, the CBI had

allowed the dinar to appreciate gradually to bring down core inflation to near single digit

levels. Once inflation was brought under control, the CBI returned to its earlier policy of

maintaining a stable dinar, as it had been specified in the last SBA. The CBI also intends to

keep the policy interest rate positive in real terms (as measured by core inflation).

32. The lack of data and large structural changes in the Iraqi economy preclude any

meaningful estimation of the equilibrium real exchange rate. A very crude assessment

suggests that the dinar is broadly in line with fundamentals.4 With the drop in oil prices, it

appears that a possible prior undervaluation has disappeared, and that the dinar could even be

somewhat overvalued. The relative low levels of headline and core inflation, however, do not

suggest any significant deviation from the equilibrium real effective exchange rate.Moreover, as oil revenues are expected to rise substantially over the medium- to longer term,

the equilibrium real exchange rate is likely to rise as well. More importantly, a nominal

depreciation could undermine confidence in the dinar, destabilize expectations, lead to

increased dollarization, and reignite inflation, reversing the hard-won gains made in recent

years. The CBI therefore intends to continue to keep the exchange rate stable, but will

consult with staff if its reserves were to fall significantly below the program targets.

4 Rough estimates based on the external sustainability approach aimed at determining the current account

balance that would stabilize the country’s net foreign asset position relative to GDP suggest that the real

effective exchange rate is broadly in line with the equilibrium real exchange rate. The current account norm for

2014 was estimated at a surplus of 2.9 percent of GDP. Under current projections, the current account surplus is

expected to be only marginally lower than the norm in 2014.

This report by the IMF was written in March 2010.

It states with very clear language that there is no plan to revalue the Dinar and even expresses concern that it is overvalued.

How can we dismiss this as "old news" or a "false alarm"

Someone...Anyone....???

Wow... so if this was written in 2007 and they are referencing 2008 in the past tense

Up until late 2008, the CBI had

allowed the dinar to appreciate gradually to bring down core inflation to near single digit

levels.

Yeah dont think so.... nice try dinar trader

Guess this might have a negative effect on the US currency the dinar traders are raking in, if the truth gets too much web views. Looks like they are adding more track to this rollercoaster ALOT MORE.

This report by the IMF was written in March 2010.

It states with very clear language that there is no plan to revalue the Dinar and even expresses concern that it is overvalued.

How can we dismiss this as "old news" or a "false alarm"

Someone...Anyone....???

Ron's right, it's old and it was written by "the staff" ... ask yourself, when you see a report, when was the last time no one specifically laid claim to it? this has all been discussed, dissected, and realized when it really came out ... it seems like it was posted in March but it was written way back some time (year/years ...). It's just been too long since I investigated it.

Besides a little outside fact check would tell you that oil is up ... way up and still climbing (until this morning) and that inflation is not only down but down from 3.9 which is considered low already and it moved to 3.4 ... It's usually prudent to do some checking before we start chucking rocks ... take a deep breath and relax we are all expectant (overdue) of the RI/RV ... and with time you'll be as jaded as the rest of us and realize that one article ... one article about IRAQ ... doesn't change anything in the big scheme of things. For instance look at how many you've seen on the elections! Pro/con/someone else ... spoken by someone who you've never heard of ... it's like this site ... everyone posts!

If there was one thing I could impart to you to always remember it is this (don't remember who said it) "if everyone is going to do something at the last minue ... Iraq is going to do it at the last nano-second"!

Peace ... really.

I am by no means chucking rocks. I am heavily invested and just as hopeful as everyone here.

I am simply asking for some of the more informed members to shed some light on this.

Thank you for doing so.

The article says published March 16 2010 and appears to be VERY Significant.

Peace to you as well

I am by no means chucking rocks. I am heavily invested and just as hopeful as everyone here.

I am simply asking for some of the more informed members to shed some light on this.

Thank you for doing so.

The article says published March 16 2010 and appears to be VERY Significant.

Peace to you as well

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/showthread.php?18808-intresting-link-to-the-Imf-sight/page2#ixzz0lYeFf6kk

I'll second that. Just hard to ignore the dates, not trying to start conflict by any means just want some more info, thanks to all who shed a little light on this.....

Hit a wrong button and ended in middle of sentence

Seems to me that the modus operendi of all parties involved in the RV/RI

Seems to me that the modus operendi of all parties involved in the RV/RI is to provide many levels of disinformation, most likely to curtail too much more currency leaving the Country...major Foreign government investors are probably now looking a minimizing the dilution of currency outside of Iraq...that or I spent too much time as a snoop in the Military...hmmmm

WE saw most, if not all of this info last year. the date of the report is new but nothing else. No fear people. There is and has been a lot of disinformation given thoughout this speculating venture. As Adam and others have said, (as they have tried to help us), beware of disinformation. Read, learn, respect, prepare, and above all, remain positive.......

WE saw most, if not all of this info last year. the date of the report is new but nothing else. No fear people. There is and has been a lot of disinformation given thoughout this speculating venture. As Adam and others have said, (as they have tried to help us), beware of disinformation. Read, learn, respect, prepare, and above all, remain positive.......

Agreed,

But does disinformation come from the IMF??

E. Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies

31. The CBI intends to maintain its present monetary and exchange rate policies, which are aimed at keeping inflation in the single digits and further reducing dollarization. In the absence of an effective monetary transmission mechanism, the exchange rate remains the CBI

It is information that has been updated with some cut and paste. News letters are done like this all the time.. There is no more current news.. I think that if you go back to the first of the year or the end of last year you will find the same info.. The reason some of the big boys and girls have not addressed it is that they get tired of repeating themselves all of the time.. I, if I had more time would attempt to look up the links for you, however, as I know it isn't important, and I really do not have the time, I am not going to bother.. You hear good positive reasoning here all of the time, and yet when someone posted something that is a little weakening, you panic.. Please take a breath....It's coming

if actually take the time to read the article it gives plans all the way to 2012 in some cases so it is still relavent im suprised a sight like this doesn't have a list of directories to take u to articles like this . It is an investment sight and it would be alot easier to research than reading through (POSTS)